Elite / Frontier Elite The Movie

Hi.

Did anyone ever watch Wing Commander The Movie? I thought it was ok, but Elite the Movie would have been much better. I'd love to see The Darkwheel novella from Elite 1 made into a film cause it was a great story, or even some of the stories from Fe2. Maybe it could be turned into a TV series. I'd watch it :) !!! There's still a market for the space flicks. Serenity, Star Wars, The newly announced Star Trek XI, all the tv series' like Enterprise, Farscape, Crusade, even the original Trek is being re run on sky.

There are a few games that have made it as movies. Doom, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy etc.

Elite The Movie - is it that impossible ??????

Cheers

Moriarity

Moriarity said:
Hi.

Did anyone ever watch Wing Commander The Movie? I thought it was ok, but Elite the Movie would have been much better. I'd love to see The Darkwheel novella from Elite 1 made into a film cause it was a great story, or even some of the stories from Fe2. Maybe it could be turned into a TV series. I'd watch it :) !!! There's still a market for the space flicks. Serenity, Star Wars, The newly announced Star Trek XI, all the tv series' like Enterprise, Farscape, Crusade, even the original Trek is being re run on sky.

There are a few games that have made it as movies. Doom, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy etc.

Elite The Movie - is it that impossible ??????

LOL - I don't think that anything is impossible, but is it desirable? Wing Commander wasn't entirely bad :) but it certainly wasn't great, and it's not going to go down in history as one of the great Scifi movies.

Serenity was pretty cool, as were the tv series that you mentioned - you did miss my personal favs, Battlestar Galactica (old and new) and Babylon 5. The difference is that they were conceived as tv series, not from a game. Someone please put me right but about the only game to movie transfer that I have ever thought any good and enjoyed was Mortal Kombat, and then only because it never took itself seriously. EDIT: Resident Evil wasn't all bad, altho I couldn't say the same for RE2 LOL

Movies to games and games to movies are such a touchy subject - still I am curious as to how Halo will translate with fellow Kiwi Peter Jackson in the mix.

I'm not too sure how I would personally feel about Elite the Movie as it would have to be plot specific something that Elite IMO never was. Still no matter how bad the movie (DOOM) it's always fun to see someones translation of a game no matter how bad it is :)

Wing Commander Movie

Hi

For those wing commander fans, goto http://www.wcnews.com/ and scroll down the page until you reach wing 3 movie. Its a movie for download made from all the cut scenes from Wing Commander 3, as well as in game footage. It runs for about 2 hours, and is well worth watching.

EDIT:

The page for the movie has changed. I couldnt get a link working direct to the movie. To find it go to www.wcnews.com and in search box (top right) type in "movie" then scroll down the page to wing 3 movie.

Cheers

Moriarity

Last edited:
Top Bottom