Release EliteHIS - Planetary Navigation Tool

EliteHIS

Elite Heading Information System, also known as Help I'm Stuck

This is an EDMC plugin that lets you set target coordinates and will show you the heading you need to fly to reach your target. If you set the radius of the planet in the settings menu it will also show the estimated distance to the target.

NOTE: The distance is only an estimate to give you an idea when to start your descent, it's not completely accurate.

Video:
EliteHIS demo

Download:
For more information and installation instructions, visit the GitHub page

Acknowlegdements:

It works. But the graphic performance is in the basement. My system AMD 9590 - 32 GB RAM - Geforce GTX 1600 6GB - 4k-Monitor.

EDIT: But this was my mistake. I installed also the EDMCOverlay. After removing of this EliteHIS running fast. - Don't install the EDMCOverlay!

A better name for this tool would be "EliteHSI". HSI = horizontal situation indicator. It's a term from aviation.

Last edited:
I'm using EDMCOverlay to display the heading and distance, unfortunately it doesn't officially support vr.
It might work but I'm not sure as I have no vr headset to test with.

It works. But the graphic performance is in the basement. My system AMD 9590 - 32 GB RAM - Geforce GTX 1600 6GB - 4k-Monitor.

EDIT: But this was my mistake. I installed also the EDMCOverlay. After removing of this EliteHIS running fast. - Don't install the EDMCOverlay!

A better name for this tool would be "EliteHSI". HSI = horizontal situation indicator. It's a term from aviation.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll update the readme to make it clear EDMCOverlay is already included and doesn't need to be installed.

What am I doing wrong? I've downloaded it from Github and put the EliteHIS folder into the EDMarketconnector plugin folder but I'm not seeing any overlay on the screen. I've entered the co-ordinates I want to go to but I don't get the overlay shown in your video. I must have missed something but I can't figure out what. I've tried with the game in full screen and in windowless mode but still nothing.

Top Bottom