Elkufré Gardens

Well I've only been properly into the game for the past day or so and what else can I say about it? I'm absolutely loving it so far and after being at work or on the road all day it's also very calming. :D

Last night I began laying the foundations of my zoo, named Elkufré Gardens (named after an slight anagram of my username! ;)) and I'll be updating the thread as I get on. :)

So far I've built the entrance area, staff village and front plaza. The entrance is quite grand and the park (sorry..."zoo") sign is complete with a line of various 2D animals across it, showing a little diversity. This is a very slight reference to the logo for Kolmarden Zoo in Sweden. The sign itself I was initially hoping to be bigger but hopefully bigger signs will be added in the near future!

To the left of the entrance is the staff village, which consists of all required staff facilities, as well as power generators and water treatment plants etc. As someone who's previously worked in theme parks, I wanted the area to have a calm and pleasant feel to it, as though it's the sort of feel I would've wanted.

Guests will then enter the African village of 'Erlfefku' (another anagram of the same word!), which currently only features a food and drink outlet, gift shops and a few small exhibits. As a theme, this will act as a transition into the African "biome" (I'll be using the same formula used in Planet Coaster with themed "lands", however here I'll be referring to them as "biomes".).

Some parts are lacking details but there's only so much I can fit in on a work night! ;)

As for other biomes, so far I've additionally decided on the Amazon, Asia and North America, however I'm sure others will follow in time. :)

I'll try and get as much done as I can throughout the week and I'll keep you updated. :D

Last edited:
Today I brought my first animals into my zoo, starting out with hippos and western chimpanzees. The hippos I'm currently working on improving the welfare as currently it's quite low.

Generally another thing I've been doing is starting to add some extra foliage, particularly around enclosures and around the village:

Also, a little touch I forgot to mention last night, when leaving the zoo, guests will be sent off with a parting pleasantary in none other than Swahili! :D

I'm planning to bring in Savannah animals, such as zebras and giraffes for when I build an Adventure Tour attraction. I'll then incorporate lions into another enclosure and then that should be the Africa biome finalised for now. :)

Thanks for the kind words! :D Well it's now the weekend which means I have more time on my hands. So... ;)

Before expanding on Elkufré, I had to heavilly prioritise my hippos, due to their low welfare. I started out by expanding the enclosure outwards, and when that wasn't enough, so began the incredibly frustrating task of getting the right ratio of water to land. Both are now in the amber rating but it's close enough. 😅

The welfare of the hippos skyrocketed after this...and even better, I was even rewarded with offspring! (until now, the chance of offspring had been at 0%)

With the big hurdle out of the way, I embarked on my largest development so far - Carnivore Crossing. As the name suggests, this is a trail of various African predators, consisting of lions, cheetahs and hyenas (Bengal tigers will make their appearance once I get Asia off the ground, don't worry!). After all my struggles with building my hippo enclosure, this certainly made for great practice. :)

It's slow progress but Elkufré's only looking better and better. :D

My final addition into the Africa area will be 'Expedition: Savannah', a truck safari through the African plains as you encounter the likes of zebra, gazelle, elephants and giraffes!

It's a work in progress but this is my Savannah enclosure. This covers a HUGE amount of space and houses many species found on the African plains, such as zebras, giraffes, ostriches and antelope. You can also see parts of 'Expedition: Savannah' in the background...and I can already tell it's going to be a pain to run; the ostriches keep sitting down in front of oncoming vehicles for 5 minutes at a time. 🤣 And for some reason, for the only ride in the park, it's currently proving very unpopular with guests.

...and some bonus pictures! Baby cheetahs are just unbearably adorable :love::love:

Hi all! Truth be told, I haven't played this game in months and safe to say I've really missed it. Basically I'd been a little nervous about running Planet Zoo following a weird issue I had a couple months back where my display systems would shut off after around 15 minutes of running the game. I think this was just a power-based problem though and fortunately this was before I rebuilt my PC which required a new power supply anyway. Talk about striking two birds with one stone! :cool:

Long, boring story aside, I had to set to some unfinished business before I eventually start expanding my zoo further. I started off by focusing on my Savannah enclosure which was still missing some final touches, which mostly happened to be a decent viewing area. A lovely, open terrace area took care of that problem and it's currently going down a treat! Several new hard shelters can also be seen dotted around here, as I had a gut feeling a growing population was going to be an issue sooner or later.
20200315123620_1.jpg

20200315124542_1.jpg

Even this sight alone was quite incredible! Despite there being an enthusiastic nutter parked on the wrong side of the fence... 🙃
20200315142332_1.jpg

Expedition: Savannah has also at long last received a lot of guests. Before my PC rebuild I'd added in a lot of details to its queue, as well as some educational material and it seems to have made the difference.
20200315125433_1.jpg

20200315125417_1.jpg

Talking of education, I've also got into the habit of doing something I should've done a while back and started to dot around simple information huts:
20200315131713_1.jpg

Finally, an issue that had been on my mind before and after my system problems had been with my cheetahs and stress levels. A while ago I changed the glass to one-way, however I think the solution had been pretty straight forward all along and it was just a matter of giving them more places to hide if need be. This was solved by turning the shelter around to face the other way, as well as installing a quick wall for good measure. On top of that I've also released one cheetah and brought a new one in, lowering the population to just two, so my cheetahs are in good health once more. :D
20200315124603_1.jpg

Too cute to miss. 😍
20200315143753_1.jpg

I think it's safe to say my Africa biome's pretty complete for now and soon I'll move onto the next phase. Some TLC here and there could be needed and I currently have an Asian biome on the cards but who knows what else I have in store?
20200315125148_1.jpg

Last edited:
One new graphics card later... :cool:

Within hours, my Asia biome had got off the ground. Seeing as this was an animal I'd been itching to get into my zoo, I kicked it off with some Red Pandas. This habitat also features an elevated platform next to the pathway so viewers can get right up close to the pandas! :D
20200520221751_1.jpg

20200520221118_1.jpg

20200520221154_1.jpg

20200520224156_1.jpg

In addition, I threw in some Bengal Tigers to add to my range of big cats (ignore the ominous floating tree in the first picture that I was obviously too blind to spot sooner - I've since fixed it!)
20200520221842_1.jpg

20200520222413_1.jpg

And yes, when it came to the cubs, I was pleasantly surprised by twins. Don't ask why but until now I never thought this was a thing in Planzoo! :eek::love:
20200520222844_1.jpg

20200520223629_1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom