Empire establishing foothold in New Marlinist Systems from Recent CGs

FYI, today I noticed that a Denton Patreus aligned player minor faction is slinking into LP 659-31, one of the New Marlinist Systems established and supplied in recent CGs. It feels like a slap in the pixelated faces of all the commanders who participated in those Community Goals.

https://eddb.io/system/factions/31310

lp659.jpg

I for one am going to do something about it (RP hat firmly in place). I can’t believe I’m the only commander who must feel this way. Just saying, hell no to the yoke of imperial oppression!

if you manage to retreat them, it's very unlikely they'll expand there ever again. i'd say - emergent content!
Though the systems will be pretty vulnerable until they've got more factions in place - if they're the only ones around that don't already have seven factions, then the previous retreat deprioritisation won't count for very much.

Also important would be to expand the Marlinist factions into each others' systems, and if necessary expand some nearby neutral independents in to make it up to seven each.

Though the systems will be pretty vulnerable until they've got more factions in place - if they're the only ones around that don't already have seven factions, then the previous retreat deprioritisation won't count for very much.

Also important would be to expand the Marlinist factions into each others' systems, and if necessary expand some nearby neutral independents in to make it up to seven each.

Lets be honest, it was only a matter of time before the Empire would come knocking :D

Odd. The one at the bottom, "Marlinism Reformation Party", looks to be in the Retreat state, with 5.2% influence. I thought Retreat happened at around 2.5%, maybe they've been pushed up, but why is the Retreat still active?

As per Ian's suggestion, expanding the Marlininst factions into each other's systems would help make them more resistant to Imperial takeover. But if this retreat is still happening, it should be stopped.

Odd. The one at the bottom, "Marlinism Reformation Party", looks to be in the Retreat state, with 5.2% influence. I thought Retreat happened at around 2.5%, maybe they've been pushed up, but why is the Retreat still active?
you get retreat pending at 2,5%. you retreat on the last tick of retreat if under 2,5%. so - they won't retreat with current value, but the state will run its full length.

Here’s the latest update from “The Empire Strikes Back: Marlinist Edition LP 659-31.” Going to the dark side for a good RP reason adds an incredibly fun new dimension to the game. It has been a blast so far!

After much mayhem, I’ve now earned a notoriety of 10, have for the first time met and survived the ATR, and have a one hundred million credit bounty on my head from the Empire. It really adds to the immersion, making you feel like a hunted rebel. Emergent content, indeed.

If any Commander wants to make a quick hundred million, you can find me in Marlinist space. I play in Open.

Sadly though, it now appears I’m a single pilot up against a squadron. I’ve slowed the Empire’s incursion a little bit, but this effort is doomed to failure without allies.

About that, if any Commander from Federal United Command is reading this, there are eight (soon to be seven) independent patronage systems that would be a great fit for Hudson. And as an added bonus you get to bring it to Paddy and the Imperials. And everybody knows, a little interstellar war is a good way to take everyone’s mind off of the Starship One trial. Wag the Bantha.

In the meantime, I will resort to guerrilla BGS tactics to slow the Empire’s advance. Anybody got any ideas on what those might be?

Here’s the latest update from “The Empire Strikes Back: Marlinist Edition LP 659-31.” Going to the dark side for a good RP reason adds an incredibly fun new dimension to the game. It has been a blast so far!

After much mayhem, I’ve now earned a notoriety of 10, have for the first time met and survived the ATR, and have a one hundred million credit bounty on my head from the Empire. It really adds to the immersion, making you feel like a hunted rebel. Emergent content, indeed.

If any Commander wants to make a quick hundred million, you can find me in Marlinist space. I play in Open.

Sadly though, it now appears I’m a single pilot up against a squadron. I’ve slowed the Empire’s incursion a little bit, but this effort is doomed to failure without allies.

About that, if any Commander from Federal United Command is reading this, there are eight (soon to be seven) independent patronage systems that would be a great fit for Hudson. And as an added bonus you get to bring it to Paddy and the Imperials. And everybody knows, a little interstellar war is a good way to take everyone’s mind off of the Starship One trial. Wag the Bantha.

In the meantime, I will resort to guerrilla BGS tactics to slow the Empire’s advance. Anybody got any ideas on what those might be?

Thumbs up sir, you’re suddenly making me feel all rebellious!

While I find this lawlessness despicable, my wayward niece is in the area and she's more amenable to the misguided Marlinists' cause.

I'm there.

LP 659-31 contains a single planetary base with Shipyard and Outfitting, but oddly no Crew lounge, so swapping between ships with SLF's and those without will be problematic (no way of activating your copilot in-station). Luckily I have a selection of ships with SLF's.

Looks like The Sacred Knights have another imminent expansion from LP 718-47 to somewhere, unless something "happens" to it.

It'd be interesting if non-Marlinist factions capturing those systems made themselves a target for the NMLA...

Trouble is, tucked between Patreus and LYR space like that, and on the fringes of the bubble, they'd be very badly loss-making for Hudson to take on (or any Power, really)

Looks like The Sacred Knights have another imminent expansion from LP 718-47 to somewhere, unless something "happens" to it.
No practical way to stop it now it's gone pending. Though it looks like the other Marlinist systems are out of range from there - they'll need to take LP 659-31 as a beachhead to get the rest.

Top Bottom