General ENABLE relative mouse (a little criticism of a new feature)

But the point is

I suspect that flying faoff with relative mouse is easier (and actually it is).
But current faoff model must be considered as a game mechanics, and it is the game that everybody loves here.
I agree that some efforts required to learn to fly with this and still it is possible.
Also I think that players with controllers (joysticks, call it whatever) do not have "relative mode" at all but they do not complain.

And guess what next desired improvement will be? Next genius will ask for "assigning same button to different bindings" and this is because he will need to turn faoff and relative mode at the same time.
So I think that actual point is: people do not want to learn to fly.

The first post contained little information, but it was apparently a suggestion as stated. OP's follow-ups confirmed it was actually a complaint. If you want to complain about something that is only your problem, please use the issue tracker. That's the perfect place for something like this, IMO.

Other way to improve is to add the option of Disable or Enable(the way how the button should work) relative controls alongside with the toggle/hold option.

Last edited:
Hi,

Disable Relative Mouse doesn't do anything unless you've turned relative mouse on already. For any mouse and keyboard player who isn't using relative mouse, it does nothing.

For any mouse and keyboard user who does use relative mouse, Disable Relative Mouse is initially unbound and not active so won't affect you unless you opt to have a bind to use it.

Thanks,
Dom
First time I see a developer/programmer replying on the forum thread. Very much appreciated!

Top Bottom