Buildings & Attractions Enclosures: Safari Bus Station

Your Feature Request / Idea
A new way for guests to see dinosaurs increasing visibility and guest satisfaction. Rather than following a path like the gyrosphere, the safari bus takes passengers to a number of waypoints set by the player, stopping briefly at each destination before returning to the depot.

The safari bus can be upgraded through research allowing the player to take manual control and get closer to the dinosaurs for photo opportunities.

Unique skins can be unlocked for the bus and the price can be adjusted for profit or guest satisfaction.

Would this be like a double decker bus? Because that would be pretty cool especially if it can be pathed on normal pathways.

No, I don't think so. I believe the attraction that the OP's talking about is the Jungle Trek that was briefly seen from Jurassic World.

jurassic-world-movie-screencaps.com-4935.jpg

However, while I'm not against adding the notion of this attraction to JWE; the Gyrosphere is essentially the same attraction as the Jungle Trek, transporting visitors on land into the dinosaur's enclosure. Why have two rides that are the same thing, except that one use gyrospheres, which are to Jurassic World what the Ford Explorers are to Jurassic Park, and the other use rather standard safari trucks?

FusedLizard

F
No, I don't think so. I believe the attraction that the OP's talking about is the Jungle Trek that was briefly seen from Jurassic World.

However, while I'm not against adding the notion of this attraction to JWE; the Gyrosphere is essentially the same attraction as the Jungle Trek, transporting visitors on land into the dinosaur's enclosure. Why have two rides that are the same thing, except that one use gyrospheres, which are to Jurassic World what the Ford Explorers are to Jurassic Park, and the other use rather standard safari trucks?

I wouldn't mind having both gyrospheres and the jungle trek trucks that was seen in the JW film. I'm getting tired of seeing just having the gyrosphere attractions and they're pretty unrealistic and weird looking

I wouldn't mind having both gyrospheres and the jungle trek trucks that was seen in the JW film. I'm getting tired of seeing just having the gyrosphere attractions and they're pretty unrealistic and weird looking

And having the Jungle Trek is one step closer to the ford explorers from the first JP film xD

Agree.

Besides, I see two mainly perks above the Gyrospheres: 1) they can take virtually more guest per ride, and not just two and 2) they are more likely to function also as a transport means, connecting Station A with Station B across one or more paddocks, which in my opinion would be something really awesome that would provide huge flexibility to the system we have.

The gyrospheres are ugly as hell. I just abosolutely cant stand having them in my parks and it sucks they are the only option we have where as rangers and even the ACU copter have different skins (not that I want this to be a skin per se).

Agree.

Besides, I see two mainly perks above the Gyrospheres: 1) they can take virtually more guest per ride, and not just two and 2) they are more likely to function also as a transport means, connecting Station A with Station B across one or more paddocks, which in my opinion would be something really awesome that would provide huge flexibility to the system we have.

1. Not really, JWE's Gyrosphere is shown to carry a large amount of visitors into the enclosure from the Gyrostation. If Jungle Trek does get added to the game, I honestly wouldn’t expect a huge increase in the number of visitors between both rides.

2. How would they function as a means of transport, when firstly it was shown to be a ride from the movie and secondly, but most importantly, there's no reason to add it as a means of visitor transportation because of the monorail. In both the real world and Jurassic world, monorails are used as to transport visitors to different areas in large theme parks.

1. Not really, JWE's Gyrosphere is shown to carry a large amount of visitors into the enclosure from the Gyrostation. If Jungle Trek does get added to the game, I honestly wouldn’t expect a huge increase in the number of visitors between both rides.

2. How would they function as a means of transport, when firstly it was shown to be a ride from the movie and secondly, but most importantly, there's no reason to add it as a means of visitor transportation because of the monorail. In both the real world and Jurassic world, monorails are used as to transport visitors to different areas in large theme parks.

For people who hate both the gyros and the mono rail this would be great. I could not see a reason not to add this other than having 93' excursions instead and even then it would be cool to drive around in one of these trucks. This game has a poor variety of attractions with only the gyros, viewing tower, viewing gallery and maybe monorail if you can even count that. I highly doubt they will ever make guests interesting on their own so at the very least we could use more attractions for us to play with.

For people who hate both the gyros and the mono rail this would be great. I could not see a reason not to add this other than having 93' excursions instead and even then it would be cool to drive around in one of these trucks. This game has a poor variety of attractions with only the gyros, viewing tower, viewing gallery and maybe monorail if you can even count that. I highly doubt they will ever make guests interesting on their own so at the very least we could use more attractions for us to play with.
I concur, JWE needs more variety for rides and attractions but I don’t think safari trucks would solve this problem because the only difference between the Jungle Trek and the Gyrosphere, are the vehicles and that’s it. They’re the exact same attraction, except the former is guaranteed to have licensing issues from the vehicle's manufacturer (Pinzgauer) and thus reducing its chances of being in the game even further.

Personally I believe the Cretaceous Cruise should be added to JWE; it can carry the same amount of passengers per vessel as the Gyrosphere and building the ride can work in the same way as the Gyrosphere with the minor exception of building water pathways.

Sorry? Each Gyrosphere is designed for two people only. So, only two persons can ride each of them at a time. That means it is required to have quite a stuck of them to please the visitors and that explains the queues outside this attraction shown in the movie.

Jungle Trek, on the other hand, would be a far bigger vehicle so really suited to move around more than two people per truck.

As many other people said, having just three attractions suck. I'm sure JW had much more rides, attractions and ways to approach and enjoy dinosaurs than just those showed on the movie which, btw, are obviously more than what have been so far implemented in JWE.

And no, traveling on ground level could still be a nice and thrilling experience, slower and potentially more dangerous, perhaps, but much more thrilling than just "flying" over the treetops expecting to see something at a distance.

Besides, it would be nice way to not only free some of the already cluttered and small building space from that ugly monorail tracks but also to allow us to get the better out of the also already short terrain tools available at the moment...

I concur, JWE needs more variety for rides and attractions but I don’t think safari trucks would solve this problem because the only difference between the Jungle Trek and the Gyrosphere, are the vehicles and that’s it. They’re the exact same attraction, except the former is guaranteed to have licensing issues from the vehicle's manufacturer (Pinzgauer) and thus reducing its chances of being in the game even further.

In fact, there's another important difference but it would take a bit more complexity to implement it, maybe: visitors are said to actually be able to drive the Gyrospheres wherever they please as long as they keep them within a predefined area; while the Jungle Trek would just take them from point A to point B (carrying, as I've said, much more visitors in a single vehicle).

Personally I believe the Cretaceous Cruise should be added to JWE; it can carry the same amount of passengers per vessel as the Gyrosphere and building the ride can work in the same way as the Gyrosphere with the minor exception of building water pathways.

I agree with this one, though.

Sorry? Each Gyrosphere is designed for two people only. So, only two persons can ride each of them at a time. That means it is required to have quite a stuck of them to please the visitors and that explains the queues outside this attraction shown in the movie.

Jungle Trek, on the other hand, would be a far bigger vehicle so really suited to move around more than two people per truck.

This is the case realistically, but in the game it’s a different matter. The Gyrostation with all 5 staff members, can operate the attraction constantly with a maximum capacity of around 1500 guests. All players need to do is to build a couple of Gyrosphere enclosures, and that it; as they satisfy a large number of guests and generate a significant amount of money for the island. Queues are nonexistent in the game as well, overcrowding, and by and large, queuing, is alleviated by building more hotels rendering this point null and void.

Especially since the guests in JWE are just a graphic that approximately represents how many people are in the park with no preferences to either the dinosaurs or the attractions.

As many other people said, having just three attractions suck. I'm sure JW had much more rides, attractions and ways to approach and enjoy dinosaurs than just those showed on the movie which, btw, are obviously more than what have been so far implemented in JWE.

I'm not against the idea of adding new rides and attractions to Jurassic World Evolution so long as it follows two stipulations:

1. It fits within the Jurassic World universe; whether it was an attraction that was shown on screen, listed on official props and websites, planned for in concept art and storyboards, or even an originally created design with approval from Universal Studios. New attractions would also have to adhere to policies established by the companies who run the park, e.g. Jurassic World is to operate using clean sources of energy with minimal emissions.

2. It provides something new (e.g. Mechanical wise) to the game and engaging to the player.

Unfortunately the Jungle Trek fails to pass these two rules; it fails to pass rule 2 because gameplay wise, building and operating this attraction would be exactly the same as the Gyrosphere except it uses safari trucks.

For rule 1, while it was featured in Jurassic World, unfortunately it fails in regards to InGen and Masrani Global's policy for Jurassic World to operate using green and sustainable energy. The Jungle Trek operates using diesel powered Pinzgauer's, and unfortunately, diesel is now considered more harmful than petrol due to the nitrogen based gases they emit alongside the CO2 levels.

Personally, I believe rule 1 is also one of Universal Studio's stipulation for Frontier to adhere to for developing JWE. What else could explain why all of the vehicles in Blue Tongue's JPOG, non-emitting electric cars and helicopters?

And no, traveling on ground level could still be a nice and thrilling experience, slower and potentially more dangerous, perhaps, but much more thrilling than just "flying" over the treetops expecting to see something at a distance.

Besides, it would be nice way to not only free some of the already cluttered and small building space from that ugly monorail tracks but also to allow us to get the best out of the also already short terrain tools available at the moment...

The “dangerous” aspect is rendered null and void when considering that none of the vehicles in JWE, both for staff and visitors, can’t be attacked by the dinosaurs. Also I don’t see the point realistically either, in a busy theme park where the quick movement and transportation of people is key for both safety reasons and for the enjoyment of visitors (e.g. Getting to the attractions they want to go on as fast as possible), visitors will always need and want the fastest method of getting to their destination. In Jurassic World's case, it would be the monorail system.

Also the monorail track, with exception to the station, takes up none of the island's building space. Anything that's built under the track (buildings, footpaths and Gyrosphere tracks) just removes the column that’s obstructing their placement.

In fact, there's another important difference but it would take a bit more complexity to implement it, maybe: visitors are said to actually be able to drive the Gyrospheres wherever they please as long as they keep them within a predefined area; while the Jungle Trek would just take them from point A to point B (carrying, as I've said, much more visitors in a single vehicle).

I doubt it would be implemented, I think it would take too much computational power for Gyrospheres to drive about aimlessly and take random turns in an enclosure full of dinosaurs and be unaesthetically pleasing for players. Instead of following a set path with some stops in between, it'll just be literal stop-start movement.

As for the Jungle Trek, yes, realistically a safari truck would be able transport 10 more visitors than the Gyrosphere. But it’s still hopelessly outclassed by the Monorail, which can carry 110 more visitors than the safari truck.

This is the case realistically, but in the game it’s a different matter. The Gyrostation with all 5 staff members, can operate the attraction constantly with a maximum capacity of around 1500 guests. All players need to do is to build a couple of Gyrosphere enclosures, and that it; as they satisfy a large number of guests and generate a significant amount of money for the island. Queues are nonexistent in the game as well, overcrowding, and by and large, queuing, is alleviated by building more hotels rendering this point null and void.

Especially since the guests in JWE are just a graphic that approximately represents how many people are in the park with no preferences to either the dinosaurs or the attractions.

So, in a nutshell, you're saying that you're happy with a bad base game design and that it shouldn't be addressed and improved?

What about queue management then? Do you think it shouldn't be a crucial part of a park management game? That just adding more Hotels is a logical and good enough answer to fix that?

JPOG had it to some extent and I remember thinking it was fun; queue management is also novel and JW movie canon. It's a huge part of any theme park management... the fact that it doesn't exist currently in JWE doesn't mean that it shouldn't be addressed in the future if they indeed want to add depth to the game.

For rule 1, while it was featured in Jurassic World, unfortunately it fails in regards to InGen and Masrani Global's policy for Jurassic World to operate using green and sustainable energy. The Jungle Trek operates using diesel powered Pinzgauer's, and unfortunately, diesel is now considered more harmful than petrol due to the nitrogen based gases they emit alongside the CO2 levels.

Personally, I believe rule 1 is also one of Universal Studio's stipulation for Frontier to adhere to for developing JWE. What else could explain why all of the vehicles in Blue Tongue's JPOG, non-emitting electric cars and helicopters?

That's also NOVEL-canon.

And no, it doesn't. There are all kinds of non-enviromental-harming vehicles now so I'm fairly sure they could came up with some of them, even if not that precise one from the movie (which, btw, is also movie-canon so it must have met that particular JW rule, doesn't it?)

2. It provides something new (e.g. Mechanical wise) to the game and engaging to the player.

(...) it fails to pass rule 2 because gameplay wise, building and operating this attraction would be exactly the same as the Gyrosphere except it uses safari trucks. (..)

As for the Jungle Trek, yes, realistically a safari truck would be able transport 10 more visitors than the Gyrosphere. But it’s still hopelessly outclassed by the Monorail, which can carry 110 more visitors than the safari truck.

I've already said it wouldn't. In fact, if they deepen the game to include some sort of queue management besides just hiring more employees for a certain station, this could provide much more variety:

Monorail: fast, mass transport with very limited-quality view of the animals (thus providing a lot of transport rating, and low visibility).

Gyrosphere: low, inefficient transport with great-quality view of the dinosaurs (thus providing a lot of visibility, but low/none transport rating).

Jungle Trek: low, medium transport with above average view of the animals (thus providing valuable amounts to both transport and visibility).

So, a Gyrostation would have lots of queues, specially on a succesful Park, but any Jungle Trek station activated near it could greatly help addressing visitor's needs.

The “dangerous” aspect is rendered null and void when considering that none of the vehicles in JWE, both for staff and visitors, can’t be attacked by the dinosaurs. Also I don’t see the point realistically either, in a busy theme park where the quick movement and transportation of people is key for both safety reasons and for the enjoyment of visitors (e.g. Getting to the attractions they want to go on as fast as possible), visitors will always need and want the fastest method of getting to their destination. In Jurassic World's case, it would be the monorail system.

About the first part of this statement I could agree, even I also don't like that particular decision. Yet, also from a management perspective here, they would have design the ride so as the danger was just perceived, fictitious if you like, since they would never put guest in actual danger for the sake of it. The attraction fun comes just from the thrill, the illusion, of driving through open enclosures full of dinosaurs "unprotected" (with no glass like the Gyrospheres) and trusting only the driver's skill and the vehicle's speed (which, by the way, wouldn't be that much).

About the second one... kindly explain JP's Tour then. No, the point of transport in a theme park like this might be what you're saying, but I guess you're forgetting the attractions we are discussing are not just devised mainly as a transport means, but as attractions in themselves.

Even the monorail was some flair of attraction in itself. What we're saying here is that it is not enough. There should be more options. Jungle Trek might nicely be one of them.

Also the monorail track, with exception to the station, takes up none of the island's building space. Anything that's built under the track (buildings, footpaths and Gyrosphere tracks) just removes the column that’s obstructing their placement.

Again, no. Try building around one of the tightest turns. In any case, you wouldn't be able to build as normally as if the monorail wasn't there. And, either way, it's such a landscaping ruin anyway.

I doubt it would be implemented, I think it would take too much computational power for Gyrospheres to drive about aimlessly and take random turns in an enclosure full of dinosaurs and be unaesthetically pleasing for players. Instead of following a set path with some stops in between, it'll just be literal stop-start movement.

Agree again, although we need to remember that this shouldn't be the case.

Okay, and in what way does the cretaceous cruise differ from the gyrosphere outside of the fact they are a different vehicle? Seems a little self contradictory... You can't criticize one idea for the same reason you praise another... plus why not have both? you're acting as if this is an either or situation.

The reason I suggested the jungle cruise does not follow a track means that it can travel much like the ranger vehicle from point A to point B and back, travelling through gates and water and maneuvering around obstacles because it's not confined to a path or enclosure. I also mentioned it would have photo options, manual control and customized skins. How would the cretaceous cruise implement any features that the gyrosphere doesn't already have??

You would have to build a huge circular river or lake for it to work and also you wouldn't be able to control it like the gyrosphere because a water vehicle is going to be limited to the water.

The reason I suggested the jungle cruise does not follow a track means that it can travel much like the ranger vehicle from point A to point B and back, travelling through gates and water and maneuvering around obstacles because it's not confined to a path or enclosure.

I failed to read that, but really good point indeed. So, it can be done...

Having thought over this topic for some time, I would like to apologise that I was overly critical on the notion of adding the safari truck ride known as Jungle Trek to Jurassic World Evolution. At the time I felt that it was a bad idea for such an attraction to be added to JWE because I thought that it would just be a clone of the Gyrosphere, except for a larger passenger capacity. But having put some thought into it, I now realise it’s a flawed argument.

Why?

Technically it’s possible to get 100% guest satisfaction on all of the islands by just building Restaurants, Clothe Shops, and Arcades; all the other guest buildings and visitor centres are not required. But would you want to do that? No, you want to add buildings such as the Innovation Center and Fossil Zone to your parks because even though they're only 1 or 2 stars less than the previous listed buildings, they still satisfy guests, generate a profit and provide aesthetic variation for our parks.

And I would like to see this type of variety for Jurassic World Evolution's attractions, the Jungle Trek and Cretaceous Cruise are two examples.

Top Bottom