Powerplay End of 3301 Power Play Summary and Commentary

Out of interest how does a screenshot show it was done in an hour?

I think this, along with most of the other earnings per hour, are an exaggeration. Yes it is possible to earn 30 million in a reasonable BH session, but that isn't one hour.

The fact is the maths just doesn't support getting that kind of return. You would need to be killing at a rate of about 100,000 credits per minute before any bonus and while this might be possible for a few minutes the spawn rate just won't support this over an hour.

We have BHers making 30+mil/hour (confirmed by screenshots, FYI),

Out of interest how does a screenshot show it was done in an hour?

I think this, along with most of the other earnings per hour, are an exaggeration. Yes it is possible to earn 30 million in a reasonable BH session, but that isn't one hour.

The fact is the maths just doesn't support getting that kind of return. You would need to be killing at a rate of about 100,000 credits per minute before any bonus and while this might be possible for a few minutes the spawn rate just won't support this over an hour.

Well, I can't speak for Hudson, but I checked two ALD systems, and their average bounty payout was over 500k a piece across more than 5,000 bounties. To hit 30 million/hour there, you'd need to get an average of 1 kill/minute on something with that kind of payout.

I don't know what kind of kill rate you can achieve in those system though, but I do agree that 1 kill/minute of something with that kind of bounty seems very exaggerated.

while I do combat for fun and not for making money, I must do something wrong I only make 1 million/hr with fighting in combat zones

I checked two ALD systems, and their average bounty payout was over 500k a piece across more than 5,000 bounties. .

I assume that is with the rank 5 bonus? If so it is about the same as Hudson with rank 5 and being selective about which targets to engage, in other words only taking on the larger ships and leaving the eagles, sidewiders etc unless they become an issue.

I think around 15 million give or take a couple of million is possible in an hour, but I think those numbers will be towards the top end and well above the average.

Rudolphus - What you are doing wrong is not exaggerating ;)

Last edited:
Compromised nav beacons are good for racking up the good stuff. Last time I went to one I pocketed about 5 million in about an hour after my rank 5 Antal bonus kicked in just picking large targets just as Ant_Solo suggests.

I just meant that people exaggerate how much they earn per hour and you haven't. That is why it looks like you earn so much less.

Also the Powerplay bonus Hudson, ALD and Antal get at rank 5 makes a huge difference.

I think between 1 million and 2 million an hour without any Powerplay bonus is about right for a combat zone for me.

I don't target small ships, Vultures or Anacondas unless I have to in a CZ. None of these are worth the time.

I make more money in a Hazres though,

Ant_Solo

I attack NPC's dangerous, deadly & elite and pythons & anaconda's

I suppose you're right, I cannot actually confirm the timeframe by screenshot. I had no reason to doubt the poster, but that means little. Given the enormous numbers of people reporting > 25mil/hr (some of whom are people I trust not to exaggerate), however, I'm inclined to think that while they may certainly be exceptional reports, they're not necessarily exaggerated reports.

I'm not much of a bounty hunter, but after personally experiencing > 20mil/hr in CZs prior to 1.4 (you just needed turrets to "tag" everything in range, and you'd get paid when they died), 50% more didn't seem terribly far fetched given how much more each kill is worth.

Edit: I should note that the poster in question said he was focusing on FdLs, worth 300k+ on average in High-RES. This may make a difference, or not. I'm not sure offhand how quickly an NPC FdL can be killed.

Edit 2: The actual time stated was 75 minutes, with 34 million in bounties. Apologies for the inaccuracy, I really wasn't aware the possibility of this was controversial.

The other examples I gave, save narcotics smuggling immediately following 1.3, are all things I've done and can testify to the veracity of the figures given.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Top Bottom