End of the Road

It's heartwarming to see this thread re-emerge every so often together with the praise it brings. This time around it spurred me back into the game after a long absence so thank you to the posters for that - I am back in the Lakon Type 6 nudging my way up from the Saggy A. And, yes, the mining laser is primed and ready for deployment if I need it!

I really like that you're still flying the same ship even today! :)
Once you have an experience like that I don’t think you ever want to switch ship again, for exploration anyway.

Having advocated for the Macedonia Protocol, I must report I don’t actually have a mining laser...that’s 2T I could save for extra jump range! However, I stocked up before leaving port and have hundreds of boosts (and an 80+LY plotting range, so I’m pretty frugal with them).

I've spent so little time in my T6. I love that ship, and I think it has one of the best kits in the game, in that it fills in all the gaps (depending on which things you consider to be missing pieces of course). And yet, I've spent maybe a week exploring in it, at most. I get incredibly picky about things like that flickery (due to aliasing) horizontal bar in the canopy, particularly in VR. ;) :D If it weren't for that, and the fact that the side bulkheads come so far forward on the canopy glass, I'd probably fly it more. Plus these days, I tend to need a multi-crew seat to be ready, in case a family member wants to ride along.

Just read this whole thread after someone posted it in our Discord, absolutely amazing read. Macedonica's logs were probably the best bit, had me tearing up a little (it was a long long day at work yesterday...).

Chiggy is the man.

And we all learnt some things... carry a mining laser...... check your mats often and carefully.... and what an amazing community this was/is.

There's something about the Lakon Type 6 which just won't let me quit it. It's a dogged ship which has pulled me through more scrapes than I care to remember!

After taking the “default” Conda on DW2 & return - I wanted to try something else for Celebration of Early Astronomy....I built a Phantom - and due to it smaller size, SC maneuverability and very capable jump range- I can easily see it could it surpassing the Conda as the “go to” ship...But it still left me wanting...

After briefly trying a DBX (I am too impatient for its scoop rate) and reading this post - I put a T6 together myself - and flew the first 1/3 of CEA with it...Absolutely love it! Has enough bays for all essentials- but still need to make some compromises...Gives me the proper ‘pioneering exploration’ feel (smaller ship / far flung systems...) Going to finish the “long legs” of CEA in the Phantom- but then look forward to spending a bunch of time in the “5150” (the paintjob inspired the Van Halen nod 😎)

Source: https://imgur.com/0QkJRa9

Last edited:
I was going to Beagle Point and could not let these systems without a visit.
Congratulations commanders.

20200216222640_1.jpg
20200216223214_1.jpg
20200216224214_1.jpg
20200216225903_1.jpg

I stumbled on this thread earlier in 2019 when I'd just started playing. Chilling. Inspiring. Most Awesome.
Both in life and it's fictional counterpart it's a never ending story as old as humankind.

Stanley finds Livingston at Ujiji
Beleg finds Gwindor in the Tuar Nu-Fuin.
Chiggy finds Macedonica in Iorant JN-S C17-0
Adam Bielicki and Denis Urubko find Elisabeth Revol on Nanga Parbat

edit - I omitted the most obvious one given CMDR Macedonica's avatar
Shackleton sails 800 miles to South Georgia in an open boat to save his men.

Last edited:
It's heartwarming to see this thread re-emerge every so often together with the praise it brings. This time around it spurred me back into the game after a long absence so thank you to the posters for that - I am back in the Lakon Type 6 nudging my way up from the Saggy A. And, yes, the mining laser is primed and ready for deployment if I need it!
Welcome back to THE galaxy, I wonder if Chiggy still roams the space lanes? (I've managed to hang on thru thick'n'thin.. :geek: Out beyond Colonia at the mo). I was there with you in spirit (forum) throughout that momentous time.....🥳 epic! I always click back on this post every time it re-emerges. (y)o7

Welcome back to THE galaxy, I wonder if Chiggy still roams the space lanes? (I've managed to hang on thru thick'n'thin.. :geek: Out beyond Colonia at the mo). I was there with you in spirit (forum) throughout that momentous time.....🥳 epic! I always click back on this post every time it re-emerges. (y)o7
Oh yeah....I'm still out there...

Attachments

• to-date.jpg
    to-date.jpg
    923.5 KB · Views: 289
Oh man, this thread is absolutely incredible.

My dearest commanders, I am shocked I had not seen this before. I started playing in 2017 when the game released on PS4, but did not join the community here for another year and a half. I really wish I’d been around to have witnessed such an astonishing and inspirational achievement.

I don my hat to the legend!

o7

An adventure such as this deserves to be bumped every once in a while.
Had it not been, I would have never known about it. Very nice work by both
Commanders! The total antithesis of the ganker crowd. Hats off. Probably
suggested many times, but this should be made into a movie..
o7
X.

Top Bottom