Endless on-foot CZ bugs

off topic. do i have to call @sir TJ in with his tickling stick.:)

Last edited:
You know the OP could actually be having an issue with some bug
Indeed so, they do seem to plague their PC in comparison to the remainder of us.

Not that I'd be too critical as W10 had to be reinstalled Friday as it decided that it didn't recognise the NTFS filing system on my boot drive... It was in need of a clean-up anyway!

I've played sufficient High CZ on-foot to remain in the top 10% and have had about one crash per day.

It's usually when I first arrive at the CZ via Frontline Solutions (but not always).

I have the feeling that the crash is simply performance related and the game/PC at some point just decides "oh hell naw, screw this!"

I've played sufficient High CZ on-foot to remain in the top 10% and have had about one crash per day.

It's usually when I first arrive at the CZ via Frontline Solutions (but not always).

I have the feeling that the crash is simply performance related and the game/PC at some point just decides "oh hell naw, screw this!"
The crashes I get lock my computer so I can't actually tell if something is overheating, but it never seems to be overeheating. It feels like it's getting stuck in a loop of some sort or the memory has suddenly filled up with rubbish.

The crashes I get lock my computer so I can't actually tell if something is overheating, but it never seems to be overeheating. It feels like it's getting stuck in a loop of some sort or the memory has suddenly filled up with rubbish.
I don't think overheating is the issue in my case. The PC doesn't shut down, but I crash to desktop and Elite asks me to send an error report.

Yes, yes. I did 5 or 6 ground CZs yesterday and on 2 occasions the game just closed and the error report thing popped up. The first time I just opened the game back up then ran back to the CZ and picked the side I had signed up for. They were ahead so far, not even I could anchor them back to a loss. It was my first CZ win (I'm really, really bad at this). I was very happy for the crash.

The second time I had joined the CZ and foolishly sat through the drop ship ride knowing full well my bladder wouldn't make it till the end. As I was running around trying to find a charge port in game while trying to remain dry out of game, like a blessing from Brebus I get a free no penalty clog and a well needed bathroom break. Finally log back in, and the team had just pulled through. By the time I got back to the action they had just finished off the last of the opposition.

Yes, yes. I did 5 or 6 ground CZs yesterday and on 2 occasions the game just closed and the error report thing popped up. The first time I just opened the game back up then ran back to the CZ and picked the side I had signed up for. They were ahead so far, not even I could anchor them back to a loss. It was my first CZ win (I'm really, really bad at this). I was very happy for the crash.

The second time I had joined the CZ and foolishly sat through the drop ship ride knowing full well my bladder wouldn't make it till the end. As I was running around trying to find a charge port in game while trying to remain dry out of game, like a blessing from Brebus I get a free no penalty clog and a well needed bathroom break. Finally log back in, and the team had just pulled through. By the time I got back to the action they had just finished off the last of the opposition.
Excellent narrative! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for a good chuckle!

My most recent ground conflict zone experience:

I was on the phase where you finish off the enemy survivors, but I had some trouble finding them. I kept seeing some weapons fire over by the landing pad, and even some of my teammates dying, but there were no enemies to be found.

Eventually, I came to realize why: the last few survivors of the enemy team had somehow gotten themselves trapped beneath the base's landing pad, and couldn't be shot at. They could still shoot at us though, the darn cheaters! So there was nothing I could do except watch hopelessly as my poor comrades bravely marched towards that landing pad, wave after wave, only to further contribute to the growing piles of dead bodies surrounding it.

When I was done taking screenshots of all the carnage, I quit to the main menu. Game crashed when I did that, and then the crash reporter crashed when I tried to report it. At that point I was just dying of laughter, and walked away from my PC far more entertained than I ever would've been if things were working as intended.

I did a few on foot conflict zones. 2 out of 10 times my Game crashed to Desktop. Its defo not optimal. All we can do is hope that they will look into the issue.

Top Bottom