Newcomer / Intro Endless Scan of Asteroid Belts With DSS

I just recently purchased a Detailed Surface Scanner to improve the payout for scanning systems I'm traveling through so I can pick up a little extra income while doing other tasks and I noticed that when scanning asteroid belts the scan brings up the belt name but then it continues to scan the field over and over again like it's scanning each asteroid separately.

I know there's no payment at the moment for scanning asteroid belts, I just like to be thorough, so at the moment I just stop the scan after the name comes up.

When I was in one sector all alone I let the scan run for about 15 minutes on one belt and it still never completed, is this a known issue?

Reido

you have to have the cross hairs in the little 8 ball to the left of the radar screen directly on the scan target

ANd

Forward movement

No, they'll keep scanning forever. Once you have the name, that's all the information you can glean from an asteroid field at this time.

No, they'll keep scanning forever. Once you have the name, that's all the information you can glean from an asteroid field at this time.

Just confirmed this.

Tinkered with an asteroid belt for about a half hour trying everything, even dropped out of super cruise and it would never stop scanning once you got it started.

Reido

Top Bottom