Guide / Tutorial escape vectors

Sounds you are inside an exclusion zone of a body. You cannot SC through a body, a planet or moon. Maybe an object (planet or moon) is between your ship and your target? In this case you need to navigate around it, keeping your distance and stay out of the exclusion zone. Enable orbit lines (key '=' on PC is default) so you can see the zone.

If this is the case, you need to align with the escape vector and super cruise out, and then you can fly around the object.

I'm naughty. If I know I'm clear, I'll boost asap, with full knowledge that, if I hit something, I'll be fined. In itself, speeding will just get flight control excited and your ship will get anxious and flash up a "speeding" warning.

Also, any ideas about why I get fined every time a leave a station without a computer
Play with the audio on, normally they warn you about your dangerous flying which might help narrow down what you are doing. There may also be messages in the top left / top right panels, but I don't remember.

While flying slow is an option, you should be able to fly out fast and not get fines, as long as you're paying attention and not crashing into other ships - who has time to fly around at < 100 ;)

Also, any ideas about why I get fined every time a leave a station without a computer

Speeding in combination with colliding with other ships will get you a fine. If the other ship is destroyed in the process you will get into even more trouble.
You can fly too fast in a station (I do it all the time), but yo must take care to avoid damaging or destroying other ships in the process, which is not that strange a demand :).

Top Bottom