Essential North / East Asian animal wishlist

i'm count 8 yellow throated marten, 7 pallas cat, 2 francois langur, 2 burmese python and 2 musk deer votes, but they are very different on meta list
may i recommend getting help from one of us to manage these many lists? it is so many that it is normal you are losing focus
i don't mind helping, you can make me moderator if you want and i can double check numbers
also can i recommend cat and deer categories?
I fixed the bugs! I think, it would be great if someone could help me manage the wishlists I've created.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to involve others in managing wishlists.

Hello. I will also post my wishlist.
As a Japanese user, I can't keep quiet about this.

I will summarize my wishes below along with the reasons.

1. Raccoon dog
It is a familiar animal for Japanese people, but it is a rare species for other people.
There is also an anecdote about exchanging pygmy hippopotamus and raccoon dog.
The combination with the red fox (Japanese subspecies) is also popular, so there is no reason not to implement it.

2. Eurasian Otter
The game has the largest and smallest otters, but no intermediate sizes.
Unlike the existing two species, it lives in temperate and subarctic zones, so it can be said that it can be sufficiently differentiated.

3. Manul cat
The introduction of sand cats has reduced the resources required to implement small cats.
This is a great chance to increase the number of Mongolian animals, and it will contribute to the increase of popular animals.

4. Golden takin
One of China's top three rare animals, it needs protection more than the giant panda.
This large representative of the alpine zone will make waves in the balance of carnivorous Himalayan animals.

5. Japanese serow
This animal, endemic to Japan, is well worth implementing.
There are some elements that overlap with Takin, but by intentionally increasing the number of antelope companions and creating options, the QOL of gameplay will be better.

6. Yak
This bovine animal, which has a different charm from water buffalo and bison,
You can contribute to the increase of Tibetan and Himalayan animals.
It is also a point that you can go to both wild and livestock.

7.Pere David's deer
The number of wild and endangered species has been increasing recently, so this is the best opportunity to implement this species as well.
It will be a good opportunity to know that the individual bred in Europe is being reintroduced to China.
In addition, the large size and habit of preferring mud are factors that can be differentiated from existing deer.

8. Sika deer
It seems difficult to implement because there are few differences from the red deer, but there are two points that are decisively different from the red deer.
First, it is an animal closer to the elk than to the red deer.
And the other is that subspecies can be expressed by size and color.
Since there are subspecies not only in Japan but also in China and Russia, it will be possible to expand the range of zoo production at once.

9. Boar
Widely distributed across Eurasia, this ubiquitous species is very useful for creating regionally themed areas.
It is also good to be able to roughly express the subspecies by size and body color.
The creation of plots with the theme of the original breed of livestock will also progress.

10. Golden snub-nosed monkey
Like the Golden Takin, it is one of the three most rare animals in China.
It can also contribute to increasing the number of primate species.
The technology of proboscis monkeys can be diverted, and it will lead to the implementation of other cercopithecuses.
Also, since it is said to be a model of Son Goku, it seems that it can be used for something with a fairy tale motif.

11. Milne-edwards' Macaque
Japanese macaques are not the only monkeys that should be called snow monkeys.
This Tibetan monkey also inhabits the alpine zone where snow piles up in winter.
The cost performance is also high because the technology of Japanese monkeys can be diverted.
As an aside, Japanese macaques are not in a place where it snows all year round, so it is unacceptable that they need a snow coverage of 20% or more.
If Tibetan monkeys and snub-nosed monkeys were to be implemented, I think they would be too... it just gives me chills. only in the snow.

12. Hares
It's strange that there are still no lagomorphs.
There are many hares in East Asia, so this is a unique opportunity for implementation.
It would be even better if a Japanese hare came along, but it's up to the developer's preference as to which species to implement.

13. Stork
If the red-crowned crane is implemented, this bird can also be implemented.
The cost performance is the best because you can implement new order while diverting the skeleton of the crane system.
It's a bird that has a deep connection with games, so much so that it even appears in Yoshi's Island, so I'd like to see it come even more.

14. Phasianidae
If you use a peacock skeleton, it shouldn't be difficult to implement a pheasant.
There are plenty of options to choose from, such as the Japanese pheasant, the national bird of Japan, the black-and-white body with a red face, and the eye-catching wattle.
It's frustrating which ones to implement, but I'm sure our Frontier will get it done.

15. Ptarmigan
Widely distributed in the northern hemisphere, the ptarmigan contributes not only to birds but also to the expansion of European and American animals.
On the other hand, subspecies that inhabit East Asia are endangered, so the implementation of ptarmigan would be extremely valuable in order to convey that.

16. Japanese giant salamander
Even if you have the largest frog, you still want the largest amphibian.
If the green iguana is put in the exhibition box, this big size will also be included.
I'm happy with both the Chinese and Japanese varieties, but as a Japanese person, I'd still like to see the Japanese varieties implemented.

17. Soft-shelled turtle
Freshwater turtles are too heavy to carry on Diamondback terrapin own.
Let's implement this unique turtle as well.
A unique face, a soft shell, and the courage to not let go once you bite.
It has a charm that other turtles do not have.

18. Beetles and Stag beetles
If butterflies are here, call the king of insects too.
Mixed rearing in the walk-through exhibition will allow you to interact with visitors and observe beetle battles.
If this can be achieved, it will be possible to reproduce the expedition facilities of tourist ranches and nature experience forests of zoos, expanding the range of architecture.

Well, this is just one person's opinion, so I don't think it's much of a reference.
I would be happy if you could think, "There is such a way of thinking."

Sorry for the long sentence.

Last edited:
1. Harbor seal
2. Baikal seal (tiny freshwater seals <3)
3. Sea otter
4. Golden pheasant
5. Walrus
6. Chinese softshell
7. Asian giant softshell
8. Pallas' cat
9. Yellow throated marten
10. Monk vulture
11. Reeves' muntjac
12. Golden takin
13. Domestic yak
14. Golden snub nosed monkey
15. Mandarin duck
16. Chinese giant salamander
17. Chinese water dragon
18. Chinese crocodile lizard
19. Stellar sea eagle
20. Wolverine

I hesitated adding saiga to this list, since I feel like they are better suited for a West or Central Asian themed topic.

1. Chinese Softshell Turtle (E).
  2. Giant Freshwater Stingray (Aq).
  3. Mallard.
  4. South China Tiger.
  5. Chinese Alligator.
  6. Chinese Sturgeon (Aq).
  7. Adelie Penguin.
  8. Eurasian Eagle Owl (Av).
  9. Short Eared Owl (Av).
  10. Chinese Bird Spider (E).
  11. Chinese Giant Salamander (E).
  12. Chinese Pufferfish (Aq).
  13. Golden Eagle (Av).
  14. Blue Shark (Aq).
  15. Wild Boar.
  16. Yak.
  17. Tiger Beetle (E).
  18. Himalayan Wolf.
  19. Golden Snub Nosed Monkey.
  20. Burmese Python (E).

Last edited:
Honestly there's a ton of solid options here still.

1. Chinese Giant Salamander
2. Lady Amherst's Pheasant
3. Golden Pheasant
4. Golden Snub nosed Monkey
5. Markhor
6. Yak.
8. Musk Ox (cheating cos introduced tbf)
9. Wolverine
10. Wild Boar
11. Raccoon Dog / Tanuki
12. Takin
13. Gaur
14. Sea Otter
15. Asian Giant Softshell Turtle
16. King Cobra
17. Snowy Owl
18. Mandarin Duck
19. Whooper Swan
20. Dalmatian Pelican

1. Pallas's Cat
2. Walrus
3. Sea Otter
4. Wolverine
5. Saiga
6. Muskox
7. Golden Takin
8. Golden Pheasant
9. Chinese Giant Salamander
10. Horned Puffin
11. Tufted Puffin
12. Rough-Legged Hawk
13. Snowy Owl
14. Campbell's Hamster
15. Roborovski Hamster
16. Reeve's Muntjac
17. Steller Sea Eagle
18. Yellow-Throated Marten
19. Mandarin Duck
20. Francois Langur

• Qinling Panda [There were an estimated 100 Qinling pandas living in the wild as of 2001]
Qinling_panda.jpg

• Wild Yak (VU)
  • Chinese Giant Salamander (CR) [Exhibit]
  • Père David's Deer (EW)
  • Chinese Crocodile Lizard (EN) [Exhibit]
  • Tibetan Blue Bear (NT)
Tibetan Blue Bear (NT).JPG

• Saiga Antelope (CR)
  • Yellow-throated Marten (LC)
  • Black Giant Squirrel (NT)
  • Wolverine (VU in Europe)
  • Walrus (VU)
  • Japanese Fire-bellied Newt (NT) [Exhibit]
  • Mandarin Duck (LC)
  • Swan Goose (VU)
  • Crested Ibis (EN)
  • Japanese Tree Frog (LC) [Exhibit] [Frogs observed in South Korea were found to be entirely blue, while others yellow, with green dorsal patterns; Frog found in Russia was observed to be fully blue, and was captured for observation, where it ultimately returned to a green/brown color. Specific reasons behind such observations in color are currently unexplained. Further work must be conducted in order to elucidate the mechanisms behind these color changes]
  • Chinese Mantis [Its color can vary from green to brown with a green lateral stripe on the edges of the first pair of wings]
  • Tibetan Antelope (NT)
  • Yangtze Giant Softshell Turtle (CR)
  • Ribbon Seal (LC)

Top Bottom