European Pack Wishlist

I honestly only want the wild boar, lynx and ibex. I'd also like a species of deer, either fallow or red.

Other than that I'm good.

I think there are many pieces that could help create an nordic zoo, pieces from the artic pack, like previously mentioned, and also from the aquatic pack, where you can build red houses with white knots. But maybe you wanted some other kind of style?
I think we have lots of pieces now but all the ice palace shelters and many of the Christmas decorations were over the top and more theme park focussed. They could have done more as they did with Australia, work with indigenous Inuit and Sami artists for example as well as some more general architectural pieces taking inspiration more from places like Skansen in Stockholm for example and other Scandinavian open air museums rather than from a Disney film they wanted to cash in on.

I've been hoping for a European pack for almost since the game released by now. At this point, I also wouldn't be too disappointed not to get a European building theme, as an animal pack would likely be the best way to give us a more interesting selection of animals that the game really needs to flesh out some of our parks in some places.

1. Alpine Ibex
  2. Eurasian Lynx
  3. Red Fox
  4. Red Deer
  5. Wild Boar
  6. European Badger
  7. European River Otter
I think this selection would likely satisfy even those less enthusiastic about a European pack: nobody could argue that we don't need deers in the game, and the ibex and lynx are much-requested additions to the animal roster. Foxes have been in high demand for a while, and I don't think the fennec fox addition was enough to satisfy that demand yet. Afterwards, the wild boar and the badger are iconic animals of the European fauna, and another otter would be an amazing and popular addition to the pack as well.
I suppose you could go different routes for this pack, i.e. more of a mediterranean focus (Iberian Lynx instead of Eurasian, Barbary Macaque, Crested Porcupine), or adding the chamois or the wisent, but to me that would be the most satisfying animal roster. But #1-#4 of that list really are what I'd need in case of a 4+1 pack to be happy, to be honest.

I used to not want a European pack, but after seeing some if the choices (the wild boar and red fox mostly) I would like one, especially if a supposed NA pack doesn't get them.

So, if I were to do a standard pack, I'd choose:

1. Red deer
  2. Red fox
  3. Wild boar
  4. Eurasian lynx
  5. Fire salamander
(I know these are basic, simple choices, but some of these don't have many representatives in-game).
For a theme, I'm not sure, but whenever I think Europe I think of 2 things:
  1. Germany - this is the Bavarian theme everyone is talking about, right? I can't remember
  2. Italy - I love Italy (never been, unfortunately), and I think of either a seaside town or Venice

For an animal pack I'd do:

1. Red deer
  2. Red fox
  3. Wild boar
  4. Eurasian lynx
  5. Alpine ibex
  6. Rabbit - imagine a rabbit in the game, with high-speed and burrowing animations. It'd be so fun
  7. European river otter
  8. Fire salamander

Last edited:
I'm just going to go with a standard pack just because I'd love to get some set pieces based on traditional architecture (traditional Bavarian would be my first choice, mainly because its so iconic and of course because of fairy tales and what not.

-Red Deer, would definitely serve as the banner animal, large, majestic, and an important species not only in Europe's many environments but also in its many cultures
-Lynx (Either Eurasian or Iberian) I'd personally go more for Iberian mainly because of their value as an icon of conservation, and because they are absolutely gorgeous
-Alpine Ibex, If I'm not mistaken, it'd be the first caprine in game and it would also have some great opportunities for some awesome, rugged habitat designs
-Eurasian Wolverine, very unique animal, first mainly terrestrial mustelid species, an animal that has inspired countless folk legends and characters in European cultures, particularly in Scandinavia, where most are found today.
-For the exhibit, I'm just gonna go with with everyone else is saying, the fire salamander.

Honorable mentions of course are Wild Boar, Pyrenean Chamois, Fallow Dear, and Wisent, kept them off because I felt they were either lesser versions of stuff I already had or less iconic

I think we have lots of pieces now but all the ice palace shelters and many of the Christmas decorations were over the top and more theme park focussed. They could have done more as they did with Australia, work with indigenous Inuit and Sami artists for example as well as some more general architectural pieces taking inspiration more from places like Skansen in Stockholm for example and other Scandinavian open air museums rather than from a Disney film they wanted to cash in on.
yeah that are some really good suggestions!

Top Bottom