Europeans need European DLC above any else DLC!!!

1632447348968.png

There is a great demand to change the way that Malayan tapir was modeled compared to the Baird tapir, because it would have a different physical configuration. Although European players which will imagine that Moose is European elk, there are obvious differences between the two species. Just like between the Grizzly bear and the European brown bear or between the European wolf and the American species. So those who say that Europe already has representative species in the game are actually talking about surrogates. European elk can be found in some European zoos, in small number, and is not so representative for the fauna of Europe, only for the North side, as is Reindeer or Polar bear. The Sea lion is an exotic animal for zoos in Europe and only a few of the thousands of zoos in Europe have one or two. It is an animal as rare to see in zoos in Europe as African elephants. When I said that they are rarely found, I was referring to the total number of zoos in Europe. Europe, since now in the game, have only surrogates of species from their biodiversity.

So what is the problem with NA animals not that common in european zoos? I am sure every NA player is thrilled to have them, since they might be common in their part of the world. Same with the Australia pack. Koalas are quite rare to be outside of the Oceania zoos, while they are quite common in captivity in Oceania.

But this game is not about “creating European Zoo”, it is about creatibg zoos all around the world.

I do hope for everyone that wishes for EU pack that it will become true, I really do, but dissmissing other packs like this because they came first is not going to help anything. I am sure if the devs felt like the demand for EU pack is bigger than for NA, they would have made it first. But that is likely not the case, hence while the NA pack came first.

No, when we talk about alces alces it is actually the same species abd is common in zoos world wide. Again: Check your sources.
And stop talking about "europeans are not happy", because here are a lot of europeans that advocate for a european pack down the line, myself included. But with your dislike for the pack you stand rather alone here. Maybe save your riot for when support ends and we still got no european pack.

And by the way: Saying a species is not representive for europe because it's not everywhere in europe is ridicolous. That's like saying south african animals don't represent africa.

Last edited:
No, when we talk about alces alces it is actually the same species abd is common in zoos world wide. Again: Check your sources.
And stop talking about "europeans are not happy", because here are a lot of europeans that advocate for a european pack down the line, myself included. But eith your dislike for the pack you stand rather alone here. Maybe save your riot for when support ends and we still got no european pack.

And by the way: Saying a species is not representive for europe because it's not everywhere in europe is ridicolous. That's like saying south african animals don't represent africa.

I was referring to the fact that the elk is still an exotic animal for most zoos in Europe. The fact that those in the north have a few specimens does not mean that it is common. The Americans did not say, "We find the animals on our continent boring, so we want other DLCs with animals from other continents before," as the Europeans say. And their claim to have animals in addition to the many that are already în the game, before other DLCs, is considered normal. But a request to have animals from the European continent is considered a riot. Strange.

No, not the request of european animals. The bashing on the NA pack is.

"few specimen".

And again: Absolutely no one is saying yet a european pack is not comming down the line. And I bet none of us evil north-european will whine then because there might be animals that represent the south or whatever and are not common in our zoos.

I for example can perfectly live without the iberian lynx and want the eurasian. But I can promise you now I won't make a fuzz about it when we get the Iberian instead ;)

I’m American and like the NA pack for sure. Honestly tho most of my favorite animals irl are from other continents. Maybe because NA animals are native to my country but still I like NA animals also. With all the animals we’ve lost in the last two centuries I’d hate to lose anymore regardless of location. As a American tho I’d definitely be interested in a European pack. Lots of interesting animals in Europe for sure. In zt2 Hendrix modded a European Expeditions pack which was one of the best creations for zt2 to this day. I’m even the type of player who wouldn’t mind a wisent even tho we have the NA bison in game so yeah a European pack is always a welcome addition. I will say for any resentment to the NA pack that there’s very little not to like. The animals are very well chosen and each bring something new and special to the game. Frontier has just been on fire with the content they continue to deliver lately as I feel each pack just gets better and better which isn’t something that’s always easy to do.

Last edited:
I'm retiring from the discussion and I won't post anymore. I have nothing against NA DLC. I like all the DLCs so far. I was only upset by the Europeans' relative lack of interest and strong support for European wildlife. In the end, it's just a game, but beyond that, it's also a surprising mentality for our relationship with wildlife.

I've been silently following this thread but it feels like you've been reading a different forum from the rest of us. There's a very large European community here, and there's been very consistent demand for a European DLC from the beginning. Just because European DLC proponents didn't get their pack this time doesn't mean they should be throwing a tantrum and accusing Frontier of not caring (especially considering this DLC actually did add multiple European animals!) and so far everyone else has been pretty respectful and seems willing to wait another 3-6 months for their chance.

… Although European players which will imagine that Moose is European elk, there are obvious differences between the two species.
so, at least some of your confusion is that you don’t seem to know the difference between a species and a subspecies. The easiest way to tell is that species have 2 names, e.g., Alces alces (moose in NA, elk in Europe) is the same species. All the species I named earlier are native to Europe - they are not ‘surrogates’.

Last edited:
I'm retiring from the discussion and I won't post anymore. I have nothing against NA DLC. I like all the DLCs so far. I was only upset by the Europeans' relative lack of interest and strong support for European wildlife. In the end, it's just a game, but beyond that, it's also a surprising mentality for our relationship with wildlife.
Please dont go, the forum disscussions are for sharing our various opinions, so everyone is welcomed.

As for the lack of interest in European animals, I am not convinced by that, there are ALOT of people wishing for such DLC around here, its just that maybe they are willing to wait for a little longer. Its also important to note that as much as we around here are animal lovers, its still a game so it will have alot of casual players that maybe like to watch cat videos online but their animal knowledge maybe does not go as deep as with people around the forum. They are the main power for DLC sales, that is also a thing to consider.

If no one would care i wouldnt get as many likes and compliments after i shut down the anti europe people in diverse threads. Almost became a hobby to atleast once a week write a longer post about "people, cool that you dont like european animals, but stop treating that like a general fact".

No offense to these people, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and it would be less fun if we wouldnt have discussions. A bit of friction is way better then none at all :)

One thing that I discovered from the North America Pack announcement was that I found myself more excited about the animal choices because it was an area I wasn't particularly thrilled about.
The fact that I wasn't really desperate for any North American animals in particular (eh, maybe moose and cougar) meant that all of the announced animals were just more cool animals rather than "Oh no! They went with the proboscis monkey rather than a langur? What were they thinking?!"
Being a European, European animals are less interesting to me than African/South American/Asian animals - possibly because I'm in the UK and the 'Wildpark' type set up displaying a lot of native (or in our case, previously native) wildlife just isn't as much of a big thing here. Whipsnade is really the only big zoo I can think of over here that has a decent European selection.
Nonetheless, I fully expect that if/when a Europe pack is announced, I will be equally excited for the same reason!

There is a whole thread here (actually not the only one) dedicated to advocating for European species. Why don’t you join in and share your passion and what you would like to see?

There are lots of European animals I really like, and many that I hope will make it into the game. A curious fact is that, in the biggest zoos in my region (Victoria, Australia) I can’t, off the top of my head, think of any European animals on display (actually one but it barely counts). We have quite a few ferals in the countryside (lots of birds, foxes, deer) but none in zoos…. The same is almost as true of North America. Nevertheless I want more species from both regions, especially Europe (and west Asia). It does, however, annoy me when people say (or imply) that Europe has not had anything added…. Europe has had animals in 3 DLC (counting NA) and in the base game.

Europeans are very, very disappointed with the latest DLC, North America
No

The sea lion is also rarely found in zoos off the west coast of America
They are common in Zoos outside of America
Europe doesn't really have a "headliner" like the other continents
Alpine Ibex, Wild Boar, Red Deer

The Sea lion is an exotic animal for zoos in Europe and only a few of the thousands of zoos in Europe have one or two
I've never been in a Zoo that has only 1 or 2 Sealions. Pretty sure this would be against EAZA/AZA Regulations

Oh don't worry i feel better already! :LOL:

For me it's actually the opposite, i have a family of Wild Boar in the woods near my house and when i drive home at night i might be lucky enough to see them crossing the road, they're fascinating, that's why i would love to have them in the game, because they're closer to me compared to a more exotic specie, but again it's a purely personal preference.

Thanks for answering my question and welcome to the forum btw! :D
Yes! Wild Boars also live near where I live, and they're amazing! I always fell lucky when I see them

No

They are common in Zoos outside of America

Alpine Ibex, Wild Boar, Red Deer

I've never been in a Zoo that has only 1 or 2 Sealions. Pretty sure this would be against EAZA/AZA Regulations
Why do people think that europe doesn't have any "headliner" animals, it's not as if North America or any other continent had far better animals than europe. IMO a Moose is as interesting as a Red Deer, with that I mean that both are interesting.

Top Bottom