COMPLETED CG Evangeline’s Elite Expeditionary Force Appeal (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hmm... no opposing CG? I'm sure there are some who don't want to see the Federation gaining a valuable new military asset.

As I understand it these are all player generated CGs and very few of us would go to the trouble to make out a viable CG request and then come up with another one to oppose it, I certainly didn’t want my CG if it was accepted to fail due to the success of an opposing CG or any other reason come to that.

To those Heading Out there, be careful, there is a group in system interdicting and killing anyone trying to complete the goal. I alredy lost 10 million credits to them and i told them twice already i was leaving system. I don't know if they are trolling for kills or what, but if CG's continue like this, i may just ignore joining in from now own. But again plese use caution.

To those Heading Out there, be careful, there is a group in system interdicting and killing anyone trying to complete the goal. I alredy lost 10 million credits to them and i told them twice already i was leaving system. I don't know if they are trolling for kills or what, but if CG's continue like this, i may just ignore joining in from now own. But again plese use caution.

Due to the bad experience I collected the same way in the past, Im just playing in the Mobius EU private group, only and exclusively. There are only neutral or friendly players. Its like an upgraded version of the solo mode.

CG gankers are ruining this game's future, because of annoying and bothering new players, who could later be hardcore gamer pilots.

The simple answer is really just to play Solo, as I do. However it is definitely time FDev looking more seriously at the griefing issue - there's no fair play and you can hardly "git gud" when your moderately protected trading ship is overwhelmed by a maxed out fully engineered cutter or corvette. As I said earlier, this isn't emergent gameplay it's a form of online bullying or harassment, which in other areas of life or the internet is frowned upon and subject to severe sanctions to the person or even company responsible. Anyhow a discussion for other parts of the forum, or rather to get shouted down by those who indulge the practice and seem to even get tacit approval from FDev and the forum management for proclaiming their actions.

Anyhow in other news, yesterday's deliveries managed to get me in the top 10% of contributors and enough XP to unlock Entrepreneur for trade so at least some good is coming out of the exercise.

Pretty sure that is not right. As I understand it, stations restock continuously (10-15 minute cycle), the amount they restock depends on the size of the system, the current economic state (more in boom, less in bust etc.) and probably a couple of the hidden buckets too. I've certainly seen stations increase stock away from the tick - and the tick is nearer 4-5 PM UTC at the moment by the way.
Stations have a baseline supply of each good - this depends on the economic size of the station (which is usually but not always based on the system population), and a station-specific factor (e.g. some refineries produce more Indium, others produce more Gallium)
The baseline supply is then modified by the BGS states, which each have a per-good effect, multiplied together.
The station then regenerates supply below the modified baseline at a percentage rate which is generally longer for more expensive goods, so that the time taken to go from empty to full is a constant for each good regardless of station and state - which means that the regeneration rate in tonnes/day is faster at big stations in favourable economic states.

Insulating Membrane I don't have good restock figures for, but based on similarly-priced goods it might be about 10% of baseline a day. How detectable that is on a 10 minute cycle will depend on the size of the station. Boom and War states are good for increasing the baseline significantly.

Last edited:

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
The simple answer is really just to play Solo
I prefer PG for CGs. In fact if I play in Mobius I see more players than I normally see in Open - and you know they aren't there to gank you.

Anyhow in other news, yesterday's deliveries managed to get me in the top 10% of contributors and enough XP to unlock Entrepreneur for trade so at least some good is coming out of the exercise.
My alt, P0PPY, had a nice triple event yesterday. As I made one delivery and checked the CG progress after it I noticed it had hit Tier 3. At the same time I hit Top 10 % and also became a Tycoon. :D

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
1M tonnes and >200 new participants since midnight - looks like tier 5 might be a stretch this week. Not sure why since the supplies of Superconductors are plentiful locally and the profits are higher than last week so … And if you can find Insulating Membranes then the profit there is silly money!

Must admit I got distracted yesterday evening with the wife and me binge viewing 3 episodes of The Expanse, then trying to set up a scenario in Railworks Train Sim. I only managed to get 2 x 448 unit deliveries done. Will try and get some more done today although... the sun has come out and Alton Barnes White Horse beckons.

Maybe having a freight CG so soon after the previous haulage campaign puts people off, as does the thought of being un-mercilessly griefed for those who fly in Open - probably nice and peaceful everywhere else, if the ne'er do wells are all parked outside Chu City! :)

Well just dropped off another couple of loads and heading back for Carson Depot for a third, but have to agree - don't honestly think we will make the next tier. In fact I was (pleasantly) surprised to find myself still in the top 10% after my basic contribution yesterday.

Sad to say, but this CG seems pretty much dead (only a handful of people contributing to this thread too :) ) - reasons as above but also to consider, maybe there just aren't so many people playing the game anymore (it is quite old) or there are more casual players who don't want to put in the sort of time and effort needed to fulfil what in hindsight was probably a too ambitious target. They are playing other games that don't have griefing or the stupid rebuy system if your ship blows up...

And the rewards are not exactly spectacular - TBH with 500 million credits spare and probably twice that value in owned ships, the 2 million credits per round trip plus whatever the bonus is are fairly inconsequential to me. Maybe the bonus needs to be more, or better still what I really need is engineering materials and lots of them or maybe push up one of my military rankings.

I am sure that some could have been put off by the recent accusation that people in the top 10 must be using bots, it would certainly offend me.

My own excuse for not doing better is that I haven't been doing enough.

1M tonnes and >200 new participants since midnight - looks like tier 5 might be a stretch this week. Not sure why since the supplies of Superconductors are plentiful locally and the profits are higher than last week so … And if you can find Insulating Membranes then the profit there is silly money!
Might have something to do with having two hauling CGs in a row. I was a bit sighing at that too, but then did my bit to come out of it in the top 10%, but no more.

Sad to say, but this CG seems pretty much dead (only a handful of people contributing to this thread too :) ) - reasons as above but also to consider, maybe there just aren't so many people playing the game anymore (it is quite old) or there are more casual players who don't want to put in the sort of time and effort needed to fulfil what in hindsight was probably a too ambitious target. They are playing other games that don't have griefing or the stupid rebuy system if your ship blows up...

And the rewards are not exactly spectacular - TBH with 500 million credits spare and probably twice that value in owned ships, the 2 million credits per round trip plus whatever the bonus is are fairly inconsequential to me. Maybe the bonus needs to be more, or better still what I really need is engineering materials and lots of them or maybe push up one of my military rankings.

I am a rather new player here (only started playing ED in May this year) and personally I don't see any point in this kind of events. If this CG or similar ones would somehow tie to the wider "state of affairs" and lead to some interesting emergent story lines then sure, I would love to join and contribute, one way or another. But this stuff is basically a game of clicking menus - arrive at station A, go to market, load stuff, fly to station B, click though more menus to unload. Rinse and repeat. And even if you reach the top tier, what real effect will this CG have on the game's universe?

Like I said, I'm pretty new here but I think that Frontier is missing a huge opportunity on using CGs (and the new Interstellar Initiatives idea) in creating a continously evolving, interesting background story for the game. Which is a shame, as this game seems to have so much potential....

Kind of agree Peter - it's essentially Euro Truck Sim in space, but without the nice scenery and being able to build up your own company while you drive.

FDev really need to start thinking about how they can make it part of a wider dynamic campaign. The X games may be flawed but Egosoft do know how to make something potentially equally as boring (building that Xenon Hub) actually quite interesting, make you think about setting up production chains etc. (I always did a whoop of joy on finding Silicon rich asteroids!).

I am sure that some could have been put off by the recent accusation that people in the top 10 must be using bots, it would certainly offend me.

My own excuse for not doing better is that I haven't been doing enough.

Yea, someone did made some blunt accusations of botting for Top Ten Commanders, but i was pretty happy to oblige and prove that with some focus and determination one can deliver 5000 tons per hour - well, a little bit over an hour.
I could had been in TTC, but i chose to spend the weekend in Colonia

Might have something to do with having two hauling CGs in a row. I was a bit sighing at that too, but then did my bit to come out of it in the top 10%, but no more.
To do something different than shuttling between a few stations I instead jumped into my Dolphin and took some long range passengers. Just flying where I haven't been before (mostly).
Though if it was support for someone like Sagittarius Eye I would have returned at once. ;)

To do something different than shuttling between a few stations I instead jumped into my Dolphin and took some long range passengers. Just flying where I haven't been before (mostly).
Though if it was support for someone like Sagittarius Eye I would have returned at once. ;)

Yes think I have done enough now for the CG and will either do something different or go off for a few days and play something else.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom