Evasive Manuevering in an FDL

So recently i've been having problems against PA's on FDL's, as I don't know how to counter them, usually what happens is at the merge he'll fire a PA volley and deal devastating damage to my shields since I have no idea how to evade them. Any tips?

Boost timing. Note the distance he is usually firing from, boost away just before that. Sometimes it will help. Since I know you like beams, try LR fixed ..will let you stay away from those plasma balls.
cool thanks, i’ve heard about boost timing and i wasn’t sure what it meant until now, i’ve also started using horizontal thrust a lot more, which has totally changed the entire dynamic of pvp for me lol

cool thanks, i’ve heard about boost timing and i wasn’t sure what it meant until now, i’ve also started using horizontal thrust a lot more, which has totally changed the entire dynamic of pvp for me lol

To be quite honest there is a humongous segment of the player base who have pretty much zero clue how to build , fly or manage the ships they own.
This wouldn't be a real surprise as let's face it 7 out of 10 people you meet irl are on autopilot full-time..
It gladdens my heart to see you have joined the second tier.
Lateral thrust. I encourage you to continue your journey into the seven other tiers that follow.
I also think some of your I first tier methodology may need a re visit.

Shields shouldn't really melt.

Last edited:
@Arai read this post of mine

the 1 v 1 part

Top Bottom