Ships Examine Fleet Carriers..things you probably do not know (yet)

Hello Commanders,

as I have my own Fleet Carrier since last week, I have made some important experiences, which I would like to share with you. As far as I know, there are a lot of threads about FC, but I would like to make this one to be something like a list of tips and tricks and information for the new to game or new to fc commanders.

so I noticed:

1. All third party plattforms are not up to date
2. commodities on black markets on FC are not shown anywhere except on the FC itself. (I use a reddit sub to inform others about stuff I sell, when and where)
3. until I got my own FC I muttered about all those FC messing up the system I am in. (I would like to filter them for "landable to me" (?)). Now I search for those I can use and look up what they are offering (trading-wise). There is no helpful method except manual look up.
4. outfitting information on Inara was correct (as I have experienced)
5. FC are less "travelsome" then I thought. I noticed it also is a good idea to keep a FC in a system for longer, so Commanders have more time to realize it and it´s services. So: a fast information for external commanders to see, "that it is here to last some time" would be useful. Or something like a rule between the players, like a sign in the fc name showing "stationary for some time" ("ST" f.e.)
6. there seems to be a "hurry" in the FC-community. Many FC seem to try to get every "gold-rush" that went viral and I guess most FC are placed in those systems (like CG, cheap Tritium, etc.)
7. ...to be continued (by you?)

what are you´re experiences?

I agree that there definitely needs to be better ways to see what Carriers are doing and what services they offer. I imagine that in FD's original intent they would have been relatively rare and each would have likely become known among players for the service it was providing. But after release, once player's had successfully had them re-designed to become giant taxis, that idea is no longer workable. There's just way too many for that.

My own Carrier doesn't travel a great deal and is mainly providing a service to my friends; commodities for BGS work and as a warehouse for their cargo, salvage, etc. Particularly mined commodities needed for missions. In between I try to leave it open-to-all as much as possible, with an assortment of cheap goods for sale and generous buy orders for salvaged items.

Looking at my billions and realizing I'd never spend them, I finally broke down and bought one.

I put a tritium buy order at 130% of market price for ~15000 units and parked it next to a station with high quantity and logged out for the night. Next morning I had a market full of tritium, no advertising on whatever external site, so that was nice.

I don't see a way to sell a commodity while setting a quantity limit on how much I want to sell. Either risk completely selling out of tritium or don't sell any it seems, and I'd like to keep a good 5k or so in my market on reserve while selling the other 10k.

Other than that, they are kind of nice to have around depending on what I'm doing in what system. Definitely didn't need one, but it will see at least moderate use now that I have one.

Indeed.. But it IS in the game...

1607102730934.png

Top Bottom