Livestream Exclusive 1.4 Update Livestream - August 29!

11 days from now..

I'm so impatient.

The following things have been confirmed to be in the update, have been hinted at, or are otherwise possibilities to be addressed or added:

I guess... Nah... it's not - otherwise give the source by linking! - I readed the news and nothing "so far" is released about the content of the next update.

• Carnivore hunting habits will be governed by hunger dropping past a certain percentage [up]
  • Extended/elongated dinosaur lifespans [up]
  • Cameras added to viewing galleries, viewing platforms, and monorails [yesnod]
  • Weather on Isla Nublar will be fixed [yesnod]
  • Dinosaurs will no longer be randomly trapped in "panic state" [yesnod]
  • Incubations can be cancelled with partial refund of initial cost [yesnod]
  • Dinosaur bios will be visible before incubation in genome library after at least one dinosaur of species is incubated :D
  • Genome completion percentage has been added to the dig site pop-ups [up]
  • Research can be cancelled [yesnod]
  • Guests teleporting into enclosures will be fixed [big grin]
  • Camera will no longer be forced to zoom into selected buildings [big grin]
  • Increased chance for Spinosaurus to use JP3 roar - especially when being released from hatchery :D
  • Guests will now correctly use shops - it will be more visually evident when guests are traveling into/out of shops [up]
  • In-game photo mode will now register dinosaurs in frame better/correctly [up]
  • Mamenchisaurus will now have the proper picture in the genome preview picture [yesnod]
  • Increased range and volume of sauropod calls [yesnod]
  • Dinosaurs will truly attack and aggro Ranger vehicles (?) [smile]
  • Dinosaur environment radius check changes (?) [smile]

...again... there's no defined information released at this moment.

And lastly...
[*] Dinosaur sizings will be corrected - Ceratosaurus and Tyrannosaurus will be scaled down, and Spinosaurus and Giganotosaurus will be scaled up :D:D[big grin][big grin][heart][heart][yesnod][yesnod][noob][noob][smile][smile][woah][woah][up][up][cool][cool]:cool::cool::):)[squeeeee][squeeeee]

Yeah, this is the only true fact that I would agree with..

I would personal, looking forward for more tools on islands as well as more decorations, because the size of dinosaurs is something I can't figure out, while I watch down on my park from the most distance... decorations as well as more terrain-tools, would improve the freedome as well as the fun-factor.

Gdain;post6936839 said:
Hopefully news of a larger island and tweaks to the terraforming tools ��

Oh yeah! - [yesnod] That's some of the most important!

Beydhi;post6935859 said:
Day/night cycle would be absolutely fantastic on nublar

Yesirrrrr!!!! It would be very impressive at least!^^

I like to hear some more details about this update, so I'll be on the stream of cause... hopefully the Live-Chat isn't in Lightspeed like mostly!^^
Is there maybe also Teamspeakserver for conversation or maybe Discord-Voicechannel while the stream runs?

This is driving me like crazy... crossing fingers, that many of the wishes will come whithin the next update and hopefully... we don't have to wait too long until the update is finally released... a sneakpreview is like methanol into a fireflame... it's like "BOOM!".

Are we allowed to record and release the video @YT??

BTW - Deutschland-Zeitzone = 20:00Uhr am Mittwoch den 29.08.18 - nicht verpassen!

I guess... Nah... it's not - otherwise give the source by linking! - I readed the news and nothing "so far" is released about the content of the next update.

I would personal, looking forward for more tools on islands as well as more decorations, because the size of dinosaurs is something I can't figure out, while I watch down on my park from the most distance... decorations as well as more terrain-tools, would improve the freedome as well as the fun-factor.

Oh yeah! - [yesnod] That's some of the most important!

Yesirrrrr!!!! It would be very impressive at least!^^

I like to hear some more details about this update, so I'll be on the stream of cause... hopefully the Live-Chat isn't in Lightspeed like mostly!^^
Is there maybe also Teamspeakserver for conversation or maybe Discord-Voicechannel while the stream runs?

This is driving me like crazy... crossing fingers, that many of the wishes will come whithin the next update and hopefully... we don't have to wait too long until the update is finally released... a sneakpreview is like methanol into a fireflame... it's like "BOOM!".

Are we allowed to record and release the video @YT??

BTW - Deutschland-Zeitzone = 20:00Uhr am Mittwoch den 29.08.18 - nicht verpassen!

They all been confirmed in Live stream and in community news update by bo.

While I would love to link the sources to every single post by Bo on the JWE subreddit, I am really not going to go back and spend hours digging through all of her comments and copying the links to post them. I already spent 3 or so hours digging through her posts dating back from launch just to compile this list. [haha]

You have to reason to believe me, but just because you read the news and haven't seen anything "so far" doesn't mean nothing is happening or that nothing has been confirmed. [smile]

I'm fairly certain Bo has confirmed several of the items listed right here in the official forums as well. You're welcome to disagree and have you're own opinion though. [up]

I do also want to reiterate that I specifically stated that:

"The following things have been confirmed to be in the update, have been hinted at, or are otherwise possibilities to be addressed or added"

Some of the items on this list are merely speculation, and they very well may not be addressed at all. :S

If you're curious to see what Bo has said "Yes", "No", and "No comment" to, check out her comments over at https://old.reddit.com/user/Bo_Frontier/comments/
You might have to go a few pages back to get back to launch, but it'll answer your questions.

I really hope they add honking for the ranger vehicle. I need my jeep to beep beep!!

The Jeeps do honk my friend.

On the PC version, it should be the "H" key, and on PS4 and X-Box it should be clicking down the right joystick (also called "R3")

Now get out there, drive your Jeep, and terrorize your park with incessant honking.

Last edited:
surprised though a little they have no mention if the livestream will also give a release date for it? or do you guys think it is obvious that there will be an ETA included??

September 13 then!

A great list of changes. Challenge Mode sounds great as do the dinosaur behaviours, roars and lifespans too. Can't wait.

the viewing platforms camera is not what i expected, i was hoping for a first person camera inside the actual building where you can see through the glass like you're an actual visitor...guess i was hoping for too much... but it's still nice sure as hell better than no cameras at all

all of the changes are good and will make the game extra sweet... but i don't really care about that challenge mode tho.

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I've seen some nice gameplay customisation options which will be added to the game. Seems like a good idea to give players more control over the gameplay that they can work with on the islands. :)

Top Bottom