Newcomer / Intro Exit SC too early

I keep exiting Sc too early out of fear of overshooting into asteroid field. How do I get closer when this happens? Do I activate sc and then switch it straight to 25% and then J as soon as it slows down? Or do I just have to wait 20 mins!

If you approach a ring at a shallow angle the rate of descent towards the ring is much lower and easy to control by making your dive a little steeper or shallower as needed. By the time you get close enough to see indiviual asteroids in the ring, set throttle to 0% (ship then settles at 30 km/s) and dive into the ring. Your ship will drop into the ring without damage.

It works exactly the same as dropping out at a station. Just got 75% throttle at 6 seconds, then hit the supercruise key when the notification tells you that it's safe to disengage.

It works exactly the same as dropping out at a station. Just got 75% throttle at 6 seconds, then hit the supercruise key when the notification tells you that it's safe to disengage.

Not unless you have a RES targeted - approaching a ring otherwise needs manual control and slowing right down so that the "Stopping - too close" does not cause damage.

Top Bottom