Newcomer / Intro Exobiology

I think this forum is best for this question.

When collecting exo samples from planet surfaces, we can, as we know, sell the data and gain rank in the exobiology towards Elite status.

The question is: is there a limit to how many different species you can collect?

To clarify, if you get four different ones from planet A, then three from planet B, does that mean you have seven? Or does it mean you have less if the species overlap between planets?

What I'm trying to get to is, is there only a finite number of species to be found in each galactic sector before you need to move on?

I think this forum is best for this question.

When collecting exo samples from planet surfaces, we can, as we know, sell the data and gain rank in the exobiology towards Elite status.

The question is: is there a limit to how many different species you can collect?

To clarify, if you get four different ones from planet A, then three from planet B, does that mean you have seven? Or does it mean you have less if the species overlap between planets?

What I'm trying to get to is, is there only a finite number of species to be found in each galactic sector before you need to move on?
I wouldn’t think so.

The Codex works that way but exploration has always paid for every world even if it is the hundredth one you have found of that type in that sector.

But I don’t know, looks like you have a research project.

The thing that made me ask this was that I had collected three sample, two from one planet then one from another. When I handed them in to Vista, only one item gave a payout. Hmm... more research, as you say! :D

Works like normal exploration. If you find one earthlike you still get credit for the next. Are you sure you completed the collection? You need 3 samples of each species to get a complete genome. And you can only do one at a time.

Right, I can see what I what I was missing.

When you visit Vista, you offer your findings. It then gives you an entry per planet. Once you select that planet, it then shows you your disco(s) on that planet.

When you visit Vista, you offer your findings. It then gives you an entry per planet. Once you select that planet, it then shows you your disco(s) on that planet.
exactly. As long as they're from different planets you'll be able to collect them. If these organisms haven't been scanned yet you get even more profit.

exactly. As long as they're from different planets you'll be able to collect them. If these organisms haven't been scanned yet you get even more profit.
So here's the plan head off to Beagle point calling at every tenuous atmosphere planet on the route and scanning the biomes then cash in the lot and buy the Bubble.

I can never find all the bio signs to sample. If a planet has seven, the best I get is four. Must try Harder!
It doesn't help that the DSS doesn't really describe the type very well. There are two overlapping heatmaps. I found a grass-thing with blue top. Was it a shrub or a thistle? Who knows. There nothing else there for miles.

Funnily enough, I struggled a lot with the bacteria at first. Now they are the easiest ones to find and scan for me.
But yeah. I rarely find all the things. In 90% of the cases I end up one short.

Top Bottom