General / Off-Topic Expanse Series 6 - December 10th

If you see where she appears, before is a shot of the Laconian shipyard from orbit, and the girl is surrounded by what Duarte sees now he's augmented with protomoloecule tech so I'm more than convinced she is Duartes daughter Teresa

If you see where she appears, before is a shot of the Laconian shipyard from orbit, and the girl is surrounded by what Duarte sees now he's augmented with protomoloecule tech so I'm more than convinced she is Duartes daughter Teresa
That's a split from the books as she wouldn't be around until 20 years after ... but does seem most likely. Interesting to see how far they go in this series, as the book has an obvious end ...

That's a split from the books as she wouldn't be around until 20 years after ... but does seem most likely. Interesting to see how far they go in this series, as the book has an obvious end ...
True, however the series has departed from the books anyway- a few characters have died or been replaced for various reasons, and a few events condensed or omitted so its not outside probability a few book 7 bits pop into this season.

From what I gather this season will 'park' the franchise, most likely for a feature length film I expect. Once Leviathan Falls comes out you'll have all the material and avoid Game of Thrones syndrome :D )

From what I gather this season will 'park' the franchise, most likely for a feature length film I expect. Once Leviathan Falls comes out you'll have all the material and avoid Game of Thrones syndrome :D )
(unspoilered as I don't think it will spoil anything in S6 :) )

yeah - I'm interested with what they do after s6 - the idea of switching to films for later series seems weird to me - you aren't going to get a lot of extra viewers for something relying on known characters - and they aren't big stars (outside the show). I could see someone like ... Amazon ... signing on to make the movies, as they do, but ... why not keep on with the series? the books take time to tell. I guess we will see.

They've delayed Book 9 slightly ... and I'm already caught up on my re-read through the other 8 :D

(unspoilered as I don't think it will spoil anything in S6 :) )

yeah - I'm interested with what they do after s6 - the idea of switching to films for later series seems weird to me - you aren't going to get a lot of extra viewers for something relying on known characters - and they aren't big stars (outside the show). I could see someone like ... Amazon ... signing on to make the movies, as they do, but ... why not keep on with the series? the books take time to tell. I guess we will see.

They've delayed Book 9 slightly ... and I'm already caught up on my re-read through the other 8 :D
Book 9 comes out mid November so plenty of time to read before the series :D

I think the pause can be put down to a combo or some of these- the time jump would stretch credibility ageing up the actors- Cas Anvars departure due to his behaviour rattled investors- or that simply The Expanse is not that popular (despite being good). Plus Netflix and Amazon make dumb choices :D

Only 6 episodes. Kinda makes sense, book 6 is pretty kinetic, and those space battles really crunch down on screen. Still would have liked more 🤷‍♀️

Will be interesting to see how they compress book 6 and Dogs (and I've changed my mind a bit regards Dogs*- you might be onto something with the trailer). There is a lot going on, and each episode will have to cover a lot of ground (which is good :D no padding).

If I recall, a boy dies and gets reanimated by protomolecule drones- the POV (too low for an adult) of that shot is with a girl (which would be his sister).

My guess now is Dogs is the Laconian B story (which establishes Laconia) and the ship we see is the Proteus (or possibly the Heart of the Tempest as a 'death star' like threat to end on maybe) that pops up in the books.

Will be interesting to see how they compress book 6 and Dogs (and I've changed my mind a bit regards Dogs*- you might be onto something with the trailer). There is a lot going on, and each episode will have to cover a lot of ground (which is good :D no padding).

If I recall, a boy dies and gets reanimated by protomolecule drones- the POV (too low for an adult) of that shot is with a girl (which would be his sister).

My guess now is Dogs is the Laconian B story (which establishes Laconia) and the ship we see is the Proteus (or possibly the Heart of the Tempest as a 'death star' like threat to end on maybe) that pops up in the books.
Agreed! Strange Dogs as the 'what happened when the Martians got to Laconia' makes sense, though why you would start down that road if they didn't have a plan to carry on after Book 6 I have no clue. I'm coming around to the idea of films for the last books - they do go quite 'emo', lots of looking moodily into the distance, so a lot could be cut out to make them more filmic:

• Book 6 : Filip is sad
  • Book 7 : Drummer/Pa is sad
  • Book 8 : Naomi is sad (again)

Cut the sad! Keep the spaceships!

Agreed! Strange Dogs as the 'what happened when the Martians got to Laconia' makes sense, though why you would start down that road if they didn't have a plan to carry on after Book 6 I have no clue. I'm coming around to the idea of films for the last books - they do go quite 'emo', lots of looking moodily into the distance, so a lot could be cut out to make them more filmic:

• Book 6 : Filip is sad
  • Book 7 : Drummer/Pa is sad
  • Book 8 : Naomi is sad (again)

Cut the sad! Keep the spaceships!
Book 9: everyones sad :D

Top Bottom