expansion and how will it be applied?

Hi all, newbie here. Anyone knows if the expansion will be applied like applying a serial number , or will it be like account bound?

Currently I have bought just the expansion pack but I dont see how I could apply it to the main game.

Thanks in advance :)for your comments

why would you need such an info now?

my guess is that it will be bound to your account as everything is, but we all can only guess ;)

Undoubtably bound to your account. Its a downloadable game. They make available to you the release and you download it. We have already seen this happen in pre PB1 where it was obvious there were different builds for Alpha's to PB's who only had the single player missions

Hi all, newbie here. Anyone knows if the expansion will be applied like applying a serial number , or will it be like account bound?

Currently I have bought just the expansion pack but I dont see how I could apply it to the main game.

Just to be clear I assume it is this that you've bought? https://store.zaonce.net/elite-dangerous-cat/elite-dangerous-expansion-pass.html

Get your hands all major downloadable expansion packs for Elite: Dangerous!

We intend to continue expanding the game with both new content and new features such as planetary landings and ship boarding. The Expansion Pass includes automatic access to all major Elite: Dangerous expansion packs.

Available for both PC and Mac, although release dates for expansions may vary between platforms.

The way that I see this is that it is like buying something like the Borderlands 2 Season Pass (only more so). I honestly don't think we're going to see the 1st expansion until at least a year after launch. However hopefully we're going to get 3 or 4 expansions over the next few years at least. Each of these could be £30 in their own right (it could equally only be £5 who knows)... Basically this is a gamble that ED will do well enough for FD to produce more and more expansions.

That all said I suspect that on 'planetary landing release day' you will get an update button on your launcher. The game will patch and suddenly you can buy heat shields and land on a rocky barren world...

Hope that helps, Eid

thanks. My current experience with expansions comes from titanfall, where I applied the serial for the expansion in the Origin application.

Probably the same way every game ever has handled this, i.e.

1. Buy it.
2. Download it.
3. Install it.
4. Play!

Well, currently:

1. Buy it.
2. Watch with interest to see if E:D's success warrants further development.
3. If 2=Yes goto orig 3
4 If 2=No goto "They promised Amiga F:FE!!" mode

:)

Probably the same way every game ever has handled this, i.e.

1. Buy it.
2. Download it.
3. Install it.
4. Play!

Rather a broad statement when you say EVERY game - for exmaple, Rise of Flight has all the "downloadable" planes already in the base game, however you can only fly them once you have purchased them and these are bound to your user account - and are active as soon as you start the game - no extra downloads required. I will assume it will be account-bound for the DLC in E : D

don't need to apply it

1. Because there are no expansions yet.
2. I'd imagine expansions will appear in the products listing and having bought the expansion pack now, they will be added to your account as soon as the y are distributed. You'll download/install the expansion liek you did with the installer originally, just another product in your account.

Top Bottom