[Expedition] The Outer Rim Station Tour

Looks like this will be my first ever actual ED expedition. I'm so thrilled! [squeeeee]

Ohh, a Virgin, I'll be gentle for your first time... ;) (J/K)

Thanks for the heads up Qohen, I'll fix up that picture on the forum tonight. I'd just updated the document and forum to make it clear that for every waypoint, we strive for 23:00 GMT (Which I love to call 'GalMap Time') for meetups.

One person finally threw me an amusing photography theme: "Worth the risk". I think I'll throw that for one of the pirate stations.

It's gonna be my first expedition as well!

Am I correct in thinking we'll be in the Fleetcomms private group? if so, how do we join it?

CMDR SAMMYBOY
HMS SENECA

Suggestion of alternate meetup time for european (and maybe asian) commanders: 17:00 GMT
If people would be cool with that :)

Piggyback

CMDR Brawny Racer decided he wanted a ride on the HMS Seneca...

Femlo0t.jpg

Lighting provided by CMDR Huskeer42 in his Type-9:

Hs3H91K.jpg

• Like (+1)
Reactions: mls
Thanks to the 17:00 meetup we had a dozen folks having fun. And one of the most noteworthy photographs taken at that time was by cmdr Kel Solaar. A flower in the sun:
89RQh0O.png

He doesn't have a forum account, but I'm honoring his fine photography here.

What luck that I happened to browse the exploration forum today.

WP0 is only like 200ly from the CG so I should be able to make it. 7pm EDT... 3hrs from now.

The only thing I am wondering is if I should accept the mass penalty for DSS quickscan... looks like I would lose .6ly ...

I managed to get there a little late last night, by about 30 minutes, so I missed everyone (I just couldn't log in sooner). Since I just logged in, I was left with a "now what?" question. I won't be able to make several of the meetups for this week, so I hit the next few waypoints. :) What was surprising was that I manged to find an undiscovered earth-like on the way to Thor's Helmet.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should swing back to Witch Head tonight, or wait for everyone at Seagull for next week. :D

I'm going to make a videoblog of my experiences with this expedition, would like some help from you guys when we meet up at Thor's Helmet for a cool shot.
Also I have given myself a mission: To chart safe routes through that mess of permit locked sectors as there none yet on EDSM (at least there were no complete routes last time I checked). As my jump range is not very high (34-ish ly), any route that I find will be suitable for most people.

I'm going to make a videoblog of my experiences with this expedition, would like some help from you guys when we meet up at Thor's Helmet for a cool shot.
Also I have given myself a mission: To chart safe routes through that mess of permit locked sectors as there none yet on EDSM (at least there were no complete routes last time I checked). As my jump range is not very high (34-ish ly), any route that I find will be suitable for most people.

Ahh, Nagi? Did you check out the tour document? I made a diagram that explains the tunnel through col 70, and the corridor between col 70 and a further permit locked area surrounding the cone nebula... I'm a bit ahead of you there.

Or did you have something else in mind?

As for Orvi, how about spending some more time near the waypoints as we advance, and even if you don't meet us, throw some good photographs here in the forums and you compete with the gang in photography skills? ;)

Last edited:
Ahh, Nagi? Did you check out the tour document?
Or did you have something else in mind?
I want to provide system names that people can safely plot to, that provide a passage through these regions. Like Route 33 for example.

As for today's meetup: European meetup was a success!

5wOByok.png

85RpDtp.png

rI0763c.png

As for Orvi, how about spending some more time near the waypoints as we advance, and even if you don't meet us, throw some good photographs here in the forums and you compete with the gang in photography skills? ;)

LOL, no worries. I'm not planning to leave the entire expedition in the dust, but as some of my friends might tell you, I sometimes have a bad habit of blasting ahead. ;) :)

I want to make some of the meetups for sure, however Wednesday through Sunday I won't be able to. The 23:00 time is challenging since here in the US, that's falling into the family dinner hour here, and for some reason my wife often wants to see my face, though I don't always understand why. :D

I'll do what I can. Always happy to share screenshots too.

I'm a bit late on forum posts, let me try to catch this up.

Yes I did hop on the roof of SammyBoy's HMS Seneca, here's the record I did while with him and also with Huskeer42 lightning my way

[video=youtube;vsyJiLTpMoc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsyJiLTpMoc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Also, there you have the two episodes I did so far of my small documented series. In episode two, there's the record of Lance's idea of doing a smiley face on the 98K Tauri's bow tie [big grin]
Hope you guys enjoy!

[video=youtube;CcEHr7J_Wms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcEHr7J_Wms[/video]

[video=youtube;czZ0hybqsKE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czZ0hybqsKE[/video]

Top Bottom