Experimental Equipment/Weapons

What about the Tissue Sampler? Should that be listed? Where do I pick one up for the CG ?

Honestly I'm confused as to why we have that, seems like it should have been a reward for a previous CG, or created by Palin or something on release day. It just seems to have randomly appeared really.

I first though it was a mistake, like the hull re-inforcments with corrosion resist,.

Watched a good video by Zm4rc0:

[video=youtube;pBDkQFNRejg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBDkQFNRejg[/video]

Before watching this video a couple of hours ago, I was having a chat about the aliens with my fellow faction members in CIU, with regards as to whether or not we should hunt down the Lotus (flower) ships. They bent my ear about them not being hostile, and I had to agree with them eventually, despite an itchy trigger finger...

In all cases of when we show up in a non-human signal source, we have never witnessed the Lotus vessels destroying/disabling any of the ships - EVER.

Instead, we watch as they take some escape pods, probes, alien sensors, etc. and scan the other ships - possibly for signs of life? In the video, Zm4arc0 makes a good point about them possibly looking for someone, potentially ex-president Halsey.

Also, he pointed out that the old style ship we have since discovered (the ones that looks similar to the 1980s Elite game) is a freshly downed one - with the nearby canisters of thargoid stuff as potential proof, since that stuff may have disapeared after hundreds of years - and I'd have to agree with him, despite us not fully knowing the age. However, another bit of evidence that supports it is a freshly downed one is the fact that the nearby megaship Victoria's Song picked up its energy readings while doing routine survery scans of the surface, and thus made the call to whomever their contractor was (thinking the feds?).

From now on I'll be gathering Meta-Alloys for the Lotus ships - now I'm not sure if I believe in the two faction thing involving the Oresrians and Klaxxians, but it is quite clear that the Lotus ships have never fired on us first and do give us a good 5-10 seconds of time to get away (orange as a warning on radar) rather than absolutely chase us and destroy us. Even when they hyperdict us they do not destroy us.

With a couple of months to go, potentially, before 2.4 gets serious, I think we should aim to feed the Thargoids meta-alloys. They are harvesting the alloys so they can restore their strength and numbers, one would imagine - and they are probably scraping the bottom of the barrel by coming to the Pleiades if they are on the run.

Another thing to consider, which is mentioned in the video and a thing I discussed with CIU, is the caustic clouds of gas. These clouds are present whenever we jump in, and it is easy to assume the Lotus ship(s) did the deed - but could this cloud be, along with the hull damage, a form of attack that the agressive thargoids use?

The Lotus ship's are capable of it, but only when they die... If any Lotus ships died whilst fighting the federation or imperials, then where are the dead alien ships that produced the cloud? There are none, because it wasn't the Lotus ships that did the crime - they've merely jumped into the aftermath trying to help, just like us - hence while they scan us but then leave us be (if they are agressive, then it may be they are suspicious of us from previous encounters with humans - show them some good will and drop some meta alloys to gain their trust).

For now, I'll help them with meta-alloys and get scans from them - that will change if they get agressive with us, but for now, I think peace is the better option until we learn more about them.

Let's get the CG's done for the main threat that's incoming... the flying saucers ;)

Last edited:
Locking certain classes or sizes behind tiers is a poor excuse by FDev trying to force us to play the Community Grinds. If we're unwilling to grind for antialien gear then maybe we need to rework how CGs actually work.

I don't think there where any hidden classes in the CG tiers only their availability.

2B is the largest size for missile in game at the moment, so that's in keeping with the 2AX, It also looks like turrets instead of seekers.

That's more than enough to kill them at the moment which is the real disapointment for me. 1 on 1 looks tough but doable, once you wing up It's just another in game cake walk.

What is "shutdown field neutraliser"? (from the patch notes). I mean I can make a guess, but where we can find it?

What is "shutdown field neutraliser"? (from the patch notes). I mean I can make a guess, but where we can find it?

Yeah, this. Is the shutdown field neutraliser already on the live servers? If so, where can you buy it? If not, do we think it's coming w/ the Aegis CG goal turning over on Thursday?

We need weapons with payloads that can alter the composition of the compounds used in them. Every time the thargoids adapt, we synthesize the next batch. Would finally give materials meaning.

Locking certain classes or sizes behind tiers is a poor excuse by FDev trying to force us to play the Community Grinds. If we're unwilling to grind for antialien gear then maybe we need to rework how CGs actually work.

or perhaps they will just deny us the weapons we need to fight, meaning the technological gap between us and thargoids will stay the same or increase, who knows what Frontier got plan if the community collectively choose that storyline. Personally it sound a tad more fun that us being able to solo thargoids in a single week!

Last edited:
Top Bottom