Ships Fer-de-Lance Experimental on PA huge hardpoint

Guardian plasma chargers on the four medium hardpoints. I'm unsure as to what effect to use on the huge one. I'm leaning towards phasing sequence.

Ideas, comments?

Cheers.

Guardian plasma chargers on the four medium hardpoints. I'm unsure as to what effect to use on the huge one. I'm leaning towards phasing sequence.

Ideas, comments?

Cheers.
You can not put more than 4 types of experimental weapons.
If you are against humans, it is a machine gun (МС).
If you're against Thargoids, it's a Flak - for destroying the swarm.

It'v v human pilots, so I'g going wirth 4 guardian and 1 standard huge PA. Sorry if I didnt make that clear.
The guards' weapons have some kind of weirdness and I don't know what it is. Recently I flew a Cutter in an antitargoid assembly.
Four guardsmen gauss and one beam laser. There was a Targ heart in the hold and I was intercepted by the NPC Anaconda. It took me a very long time to kill him and at the end he jumped away.
With a normal earth weapon I would have killed him very quickly.
I didn't understand why.

Phasing can work, although I’ve always found it a bit underwhelming. NPCs don’t care if you’re grinding their hull away. Other humans may panic if they see the hull percentage dropping. Phasing is better if you lean into it and have multiple weapons with that effect, because otherwise it’s a drop in the bucket.

I’m a big fan of Dispersal Field which is basically the chaff effect on hit. That’s a nice defensive bonus if you’re making your shots.

Nobody knows if Dazzle Shell does anything to NPCs since a ship that you fire on can see you instantly.

Thermal Conduit was very recently the meta because it gave a large amount of damage instantly at 100% heat. Now it works like it says on the box so it’s not as much instant gratification. You still have to deal with module damage from overheating.

Target Lock Breaker is good for humans, terrible for NPCs. They can retarget you instantly, so there’s not much point.

Plasma slug usually helps with longetivity in battle, but an FDL doesn’t carry much fuel to begin with, so you’ll use it up fast.

The rest are either useless or obvious. It’s ultimately up to you.

I’m a big fan of Dispersal Field which is basically the chaff effect on hit. That’s a nice defensive bonus if you’re making your shots.
I'm not sure it works against NPCs

Target Lock Breaker is good for humans, terrible for NPCs. They can retarget you instantly, so there’s not much point.
It doesn't work against people either since it's usually not that hard to press the H key.

I'm not sure it works against NPCs

It doesn't work against people either since it's usually not that hard to press the H key.
Dispersal field very much does. It’s as obvious as chaff is.

Not everyone realizes what’s going on with TLB right away, and if you’re the type of pilot who targets modules then it’s a pain to have to reclick multiple times to find the power plant or whatever.

Dispersal field very much does. It’s as obvious as chaff is.

Not everyone realizes what’s going on with TLB right away, and if you’re the type of pilot who targets modules then it’s a pain to have to reclick multiple times to find the power plant or whatever.
This can only be seen from the side of the NPC.
And in general, the NPC controlling the ship does not really need gimbals.

This can only be seen from the side of the NPC.
And in general, the NPC controlling the ship does not really need gimbals.
You’re telling me that after all this time you don’t know what the chaff/dispersal field effect looks like? Or that there’s an indicator on the HUD for dispersal field?

Whether they need it or not is irrelevant. Gimbals and turrets behave like gimbals and turrets no matter who they’re attached to.

You’re telling me that after all this time you don’t know what the chaff/dispersal field effect looks like? Or that there’s an indicator on the HUD for dispersal field?

Whether they need it or not is irrelevant. Gimbals and turrets behave like gimbals and turrets no matter who they’re attached to.
I didn't say I didn't know what it looked like, I said I didn't know how it worked in the NPC.
And I also added that the NPC can fly and only with fixes and turrets instantly turn on fire on course.

Focused g5 + thermal conduit.
You get alot of buffs
Firstly your shot is twice as fast .
Second your piercing Is also doubled.
Only snag is heat generated each time you fire em.
I've an fdl with a huge one and 2 medium ones. Combined with 2 long range super pen rails.
Makes short work of any npc

The piercing makes no difference, since it's alreay at 100%. I've got it g5 focused already.

I thought they'd nerfed the thermal conduit recently. Also, I was under the impression that it had little to no effecy on npcs.

The piercing makes no difference, since it's alreay at 100%. I've got it g5 focused already.

I thought they'd nerfed the thermal conduit recently. Also, I was under the impression that it had little to no effecy on npcs.

Thermal Conduit is a damage boost. The nerf is more of "it's now working as intended". Increasing your heat above 90% gives a graduated damage increase (1% damage for 1% heat) that tops out at 150% heat. Prior to a recent patch it was giving 60% damage the moment you heated up above 100%, which is why it became the meta.

Damage is damage, so NPCs will get hit just as hard as anybody else.

Top Bottom