Exploration payouts nerfed or bugged?

Howdy folks,

I'm on a long trip from the Bubble out to Temple and then to Sag A*. I've just arrived at a DSSA fleet carrier in Temple after an initial 10k lyr journey to a random star, then a 2k lyr journey to the carrier. In all I've probably made about 300 jumps or so, scanned every system, mapped every MRB, terraformable HMC, every water world, ammonia world, and a great many others that are not all that exciting but that I felt like mapping just for the sake of it, etc.

This is by far the longest journey I've yet done in one go, and while I'm aware there's a 25 percent fee for selling data to fleet carriers, I'm surprised my total data sales only come to about 100 million; I've done much shorter journeys with the same exploration approach in the past and come out with the same, if not slightly more, in terms of payout.

It's not a huge issue as I'm not really playing to stack up credits etc, but I'm just wondering if there's been some post-Odyssey exploration payout nerf that I'm unaware of to account for the discrepancy? It's not a big issue or anything as the trip itself is what I'm doing it for ( I want to join the list of people who've made it to Sag A*! 🙂) but it's piqued my curiosity!

Seen some really interesting worlds on my travels so far, really looking forward to discovering what the galactic centre has to offer! All the best folks!

Mapped bodies in Odyssey actually get a 30% bonus, no nerf.
Where the bodies mostly already discovered? Seems quite low otherwise.

Does seem low, using a program like EDDiscovery you can set dates for the journey and compare the results with the actual amount received to see if you are receiving what you expected. The difference between discovered/not discovered or mapped/not mapped can make a huge difference though.

Attached I provide you a screenshot with an overview of my current trip outside the bubble.
EDD:
EDD_trip.JPG

Compare September with November. Somewhere in October I decided to join Chiggys ELW hunt, and changed my mode of operation. In September I still fully FSS scanned every system that I visited, and I also mapped probably 90% of the valuable bodies up to 100kls from the entry star. Similarly also in August, and in that mode I usually average somewhere between 1 and 3 million per visited system. Shortly after I joined the ELW hunt I went into a mode where I often just honk, check the FSS, and jump on if there is no ELW. I may still FSS AWs and WWs but I only ever map the valuables in a system with ELW(s). In that mode the earnings drop dramatically with about 300k average per jump.

Lately I decided to check for more unusual ELWs and decided to try and find some well up above the galactic plane, in boxels with plenty of Neutron Stars and other irregulars. If you are in such an area, and visit many systems with such irregular main stars, the earnings drop even more...

Which brings us to the filter settings for route plotting on the galactic map that you use for your trip. If you allow for irregulars, or include M class and brown dwarfs, that will push you toward the lower end. Similar if you travel along well trotted ways (Sol-Colonia, Sol--SagA*), or in the sparsly populated areas between the arms, which will make you run into many discovered systems.

Hi folks,

I just wanted to say a huge thanks to you all for your thoughts, sorry for not getting back sooner, I've had trouble getting online after thunderstorm-related router issues!

Thinking it over, I was dashing a bit to get to my initial destinations (one, to get outside of the Inner Spur to Temple, as I find the Inner Spur a bit boring 😂, and two, to get to the carrier as I'd managed to prang my ship a bit making a clumsy landing). As such I guess I did restrict my scanning a bit and I didn't exclude M type stars from the route, which led me into a lot of systems with relatively low-value scanning targets.

Having said that, I've just set off from the carrier with M type stars excluded from the route and the first system I jumped to had two ELWs in it, so I think I'm off to a promising start.

I'm really looking forward to getting nearer to the galactic centre and seeing the really dense star fields there for the first time. The journey is a bit of a project really and it's nice to know I'm now heading right into the guts of the galaxy.

Thanks again folks!

Top Bottom