Exporting of Saved Games

I have been using steam to access the game on my PC.

I have today purchased a laptop that has a copy of Planet Coaster installed but without Steam.

I want to take my saved games from the PC and copy over the laptop so that I can play on there while travelling.

Problem, is that when I access the saved folders in the saved games\frontierdevelopments\planetcoaster\76261598358732985

and copy the saved files over to the same directory on the laptop... the laptop game can see the saved parks, but when I click on load it trys and then returns and error and cant load.

Is there a way to make the files I have taken from my steam PC version to the non steam version on my Laptop and actually make them work/load.

Thanks in advanced

How is that possible?
Im not sure but I think I remember reading somewhere that Frontier released a boxed version on Planco on DVD? Im not sure if it still requires steam or not though

I have today purchased a laptop that has a copy of Planet Coaster installed but without Steam.

@OP - you probably should uninstall Planco from your new laptop, then download steam and reinstall the game from steam with all the latest updates. Then try copying your save files over again

Im not sure but I think I remember reading somewhere that Frontier released a boxed version on Planco on DVD? Im not sure if it still requires steam or not though

I know there is (https://www.bol.com/nl/p/planet-coaster-windows/9200000045965613/) , but don't they just send you a empty box with a code you need to enter on Steam?

It says on that page (Bol.com) that Steam is mandatory. I'm not sure if the game was installed while Steam was still on the pc, but doesn't it always need Steam to acknowledge the game was bought through the legal channels (Not saying it's not the case here).

Technical specifications
Region: Region Free
System requirements: Steam account required for activation
MINIMUM: operating system: Windows 7 (SP1 +)/8.1/10 64bit
Processor: Intel i5-2300/AMD FX-4300
Memory: 8 GB RAM
graphics card: nVidia GTX 560 (2GB)/AMD Radeon 7850 (2GB)
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 8 GB available space

Top Bottom