F10 Screenshot

Hello CMDRs,

I want to start taking screenshots so I can start sharing them on my social media.
I know that using the F10 button means you can capture a high res screenshot.
The only problem is that these are saved in a BMP file format. This format can't be shared on Twitter.
Does anyone know how to get the F10 screenshot to save as a JPG without having to covert it afterwards?

Many thanks in advance

There are apps that do it for you automatically. I have EDDiscovery running whenever Elite is on so that does it for me (you can chose format, location, renaming etc). Hopefully someone will chip in with some others.

If you're running via Steam you can use it to save PNGs: go to the In-Game section of its option, select "Save an uncompressed copy", and set your screenshot folder and hotkey to something useful.

Use imgur.com to handle large raw image files... upload open image in new tab, then copy the url into the add image box directly above the text box you type replies in to the forum on PC, yes that picture box (Cntl +P) then add the url by selecting the link image in the box section... imgur convert bmp it to large pixel count jpg...
lbtoGPn.jpg

done...

Top Bottom