Factions that won't talk!

A new player faction has been placed right in our core systems. No probs with that as such! folk don't do their research and player faction placement is another topic. The thing is that they are taking over our systems with help and making us retreat, yep all part of the BGS I know, but they won't talk to us. It's as if we don't exist lol. We've been playing in this area of space for years, I even posted openly on her recruitment advert in the squadron thread to respond, but it was removed strangely. Is this how player factions behave these days?

A new player faction has been placed right in our core systems. No probs with that as such! folk don't do their research and player faction placement is another topic. The thing is that they are taking over our systems with help and making us retreat, yep all part of the BGS I know, but they won't talk to us. It's as if we don't exist lol. We've been playing in this area of space for years, I even posted openly on her recruitment advert in the squadron thread to respond, but it was removed strangely. Is this how player factions behave these days?
Maybe someone was, or at least felt, slighted by your faction in the past and this is their revenge? 🤷‍♂️

ThankfulSociableBluewhale-size_restricted.gif

That's just the problem with PMF's. If they want to expand but the only way is to kill you off then prepare for a fight. Eventually when the growth of PMF's reach a point where toes have to be stepped on will be an interesting time.

Also if they don't want to talk then the only option is to stomp them out. Make them not want to play the game anymore.

Meta aside, unfortunately you've just go to treat this like a new force in the area has arisen, one hostile to you, and you have to deal with it.

It might mean you have to accept some losses and focus on those systems you want to keep hold of.

You might also consider doing some terrorist actions, attacking their home system and causing them problems there, making them lose focus on expansion.

You gotta maintain security in your own systems to avoid an invasion. Don't let non-native factions slip into retreat, then no one can invade.

Meta aside, unfortunately you've just go to treat this like a new force in the area has arisen, one hostile to you, and you have to deal with it.

It might mean you have to accept some losses and focus on those systems you want to keep hold of.

You might also consider doing some terrorist actions, attacking their home system and causing them problems there, making them lose focus on expansion.
I had this problem once. Going this route is the only thing that brought them to the table, become such a nuisance they are forced to deal with you. Unfortunately, its also where the game became Job Simulator 2.0 for me and once agreement was reached I basically quit because of burnout. You have to ask yourself if the end justifies the effort you're going to need to spend on the means.
Is this how player factions behave these days?
In my experience its how they've always behaved.

I had this problem once. Going this route is the only thing that brought them to the table, become such a nuisance they are forced to deal with you. Unfortunately, its also where the game became Job Simulator 2.0 for me and once agreement was reached I basically quit because of burnout. You have to ask yourself if the end justifies the effort you're going to need to spend on the means.

Yeah, i've had BGS wars that have burnt me out. Worse thing, in our region of space, its not even a player faction. Its just a strongly supported NPC faction. Alioth Independents. And they spread like the plague. Last time i checked they had a presence in over 100 systems. I think they are the NPC faction with the most systems.

Yeah, i've had BGS wars that have burnt me out. Worse thing, in our region of space, its not even a player faction. Its just a strongly supported NPC faction. Alioth Independents. And they spread like the plague. Last time i checked they had a presence in over 100 systems. I think they are the NPC faction with the most systems.
In my case it wasn't a player faction either. It was a bunch of PP zealots flipping hosts of Federation systems, because thanks to a$s-backwards functioning ethos Hudson is somehow stronger when the Federation cedes control of his systems to independent monarchies. I mean, makes perfect sense...

In my case it wasn't a player faction either. It was a bunch of PP zealots flipping hosts of Federation systems, because thanks to a$s-backwards functioning ethos Hudson is somehow stronger when the Federation cedes control of his systems to independent monarchies. I mean, makes perfect sense...

Ugh, the tie in between PP and BGS is completely half-baked. In my opinion PP should either be an extension of the BGS or completely separate.

Ugh, the tie in between PP and BGS is completely half-baked. In my opinion PP should either be an extension of the BGS or completely separate.
Or be so that gov type does not matter (such as making the flipped status based on state / happiness). That way there would be minimal friction.

It's worth noting, some factions deliberately lay low for whatever reason. My own group particularly have as little to do with player-politics as possible, since experience tells me 95% of player-politics is inane drivel detracting from the overall game experience.

In our case, we're fully aware that if we don't communicate, we're likely to get a group trying to kick our door down anyway, and we're not only prepared for, but expect that, and we survive because of that.

From an RP perspective, we're a militant isolationist group, and would be betraying that notion to actively seek out dialog with other parties. From an RL perspective, we've got minimal interest in making Internet friends, we're just here to play the game.

Any help needed or did your faction conquer the system again? I could help on Ground CZ.

Top Bottom