Fan-Made Roadmap for Hypothetical JWE 2021 Content

First off, this is purely fan-made wish fulfillment on my part and in no way represents anything Frontier or their intentions of their game. Secondly, I will be taking inspiration from the current state of affairs which includes: JWD being pushed back to 2022, the airing of Camp Cretaceous on Netflix and the Switch Port being one of the most disappointing announcements for the Jurassic Community this year. The goal of this post is to fix the things I think are wrong with the game, include things I think would make it more enjoyable and rectify some of the current failings of Frontier in engaging with its JWE community. We definitely got shafted this year, but hopefully this post can brighten up some people's days and hopefully provide inspiration for other fans to ponder on their own what if scenarios.

Section 1

Switch Support (end of 2020 - Early 2021)

1. I'd start off by apologizing to Switch players and acknowledging that the port is not in fact a "Complete Edition". I would offer an upfront refund or a discounted expansion pass to Switch users that would guarantee them all upcoming paid content.

2. I would unveil a "Switch Yellow" pre-order vehicle skin for those who pre-purchased the game on Nintendo Switch. Yellow feels like a very unique and Nintendo color to use.

3. After launch, I would release an update that adds the Vivid Ankylosaurs skin for all users on all platforms. It is the only piece of post-launch content Switch and Console users don't currently have access to, which inherently makes the "Complete Edition" on Switch incomplete.

4. In late November / early December of 2020 I'd release a Vehicle Skin Pack for 5 dollars that includes all 6 pre-order skins. Switch Users get it as part of their expansion pass and those of us on Console and PC could purchase it if desired. For those of us with pre-orders we'd be getting 5 Skins per dollar (not including the 6th we'd already own) and those who haven't pre-ordered would be getting 6 skins, making it a slightly more appealing deal to them. No point in holding back content that already exists and it would be a good way to earn back some goodwill from the community.

Section 2

Jan - Jun 2021 DLC and Updates

1. Hammond's Legacy Dinosaur Pack. This pack would feature the following dinosaurs and would also serve to expand the Jurassic Era mode dinosaur roster alongside a small update:
1A Nanosaurus
2A Microceratus
3A Callovosaurus

Depending on the version of the Jurassic Park book you've read you might be familiar with either 2A or 3A. As part of the update Dryosaurus and Nanosaurus would be reassigned to the Hypsilophodontid family of dinosaurs and the Callovosaurus would expand the roster of Igaunodontids. In addition to these new dinosaurs Joining the Jurassic Park and World Eras, the update would also add the Troodon to the Jurassic Park Era roster as well, as a less than subtle nod to Jurassic Park: The Game. While the Jurassic Park Era is still largely inferior to the Jurassic World Era, expanding it's roster of Dinosaurs to at least make creating more varied parks would go some ways towards making more viable. Presently, only the unique decorations and classic tour vehicles make it worth dipping into outside of its campaign.

2. Camp Cretaceous Season 2 Update. This update would be two-fold. Since season one didn't receive any accompanying update and admittedly there wasn't enough new stuff included in the show to really warrant an update, season Two would hopefully be the time to make up for it. Included in this update would be some new Dinosaurs (hopefully premiering in the next season), a new challenge / sandbox mode map and some new buildings, along with a further portion of the update that'll fix up some more of RJPs shortcomings.

2A Cryolophosaurus
2B Protoceratops
2C Dimorophodon (added for those who own the RJP dlc)

I feel fairly safe in my assumption that we'd see 2A and 2B in some point during season 2 or 3. They're the most unique and desirable dinosaurs from among the CC toyline. 2C should have been included in RJP to begin with, but with CC taking place on Isla Nublar post-Indominus, I expect we might see some in a cameo appearance, so adding them to the roster is a no-brainer.

The new Challenge / Sandbox mode map would be the titular Camp Cretaceous, it would be a small sized map and players will greatly benefit from two new buildings that would be added. The Rewards for completing Challenge Mode on Any Level and Jurassic Level would be a "Bumpy" character skin for the Ankylosaurus and for Jurassic Level the unique Bioluminescent Gene (effectively a new skin) for the Parasaurolophus. Ideally, the Bioluminescent Para would actually glow and be visible at night.

Treehouse Hotels: Would be very tall hotels, that take up less overall space than a normal hotel, but to balance out their more vertical nature, they would impede monorail and powerline paths, meaning the upper stories of your park would need to work around them, while the ground level would hopefully be a bit less constricted by the narrower base of the new hotels.

Zipline Towers: A new viewing method that would allow you to connect two of the new towers with a zipline moving in a straight line between them. To cross multiple exhibits, you would have to construct an additional tower and connect it to the current zipline path. Zipline would also have their aerial paths impeded by Treehouse Hotels. Can also be used to connect different sections of the park to each other and provide mild Transportation satisfaction.

Jurassic World Era Aviary. This would only be added for those own the RJP expansion. Both Pteranodons and Dimoprohodons can be placed in either version of the Aviary and the Dimorphodon would be added to the Jurassic Park Era Dinosaur roster along with Protoceratops.

Signs and Lightposts from the RJP expansion will be added to the list of Jurassic World Era decorations. A Jurassic World and Camp Cretaceous style large tour gate will be added for Jurassic World era vehicle tours.

3. Division Head Focused DLC.

Lambert, Isaac and Dua definitely need a little more fleshing out imo. Cabot Finch got a lot of love in many of the DLCs and his character became infinitely more likable and our understanding of who he is, why he's involved and what his motivation are became more and more developed with time. Outside of the Dr. Wu DLC, the only characterization we have of the 3 Division Heads really comes from the main campaign. They are all very much absent from Claire's and the Return to Jurassic Park DLC, where Cabot got the most attention. While I doubt the same level of attention could be given to the department heads in the course of one DLC, even one mostly focused on them, it would go some way to making them more interesting to the player overall. This would be another campaign integrated into the main campaign rather than a side story campaign like CS or RJP. The following dinosaurs / creatures would be added to the game.

3A Segisaurus (would be added to the Jurassic Park Era Dinosaur roster)
3B Gigantoraptor
3C Dimetrodon
3D Pachyrhinosaurus
3E Therizinosaurus (adds unique Therizinosaur dinosaur family type and Paleobotany requirements)

It would feature two new maps, unlocked at around the same time as Isla Pena. They would of course be available in Sandbox / Challenge mode. MTS would have have as it's Any and Jurassic Difficulty skins a Dimetrodon and Therizinosaurus skin. CRS would have a Pachyrhinosaurus and another Dimetrodon skin.

Matanceros Test Site. Missions taking place here would be set in the past, set up as "archives" of past events from around the time of the purchase of the Muertes Archipelago by Ingen. There would be about 3 missions here, covering initial Jurassic World operations as small "Test" area was constructed, utilized, torn down and reconstructed to test out various situations in a controlled manner. One mission would be for Dua, Lambert and Isaac each, focusing on their usage of the test area. Map size would be small.

Chile Research Station. Missions taking place here would be in the present, set up as the Division Heads applying old data from the Archives at their new mainland facility. There would be 4 missions here, one centered around the Division Heads like before and a final mission culminating in them applying all of their combined knowledge and experience.

There would be an accompanying update and some patches afterwards. The update would introduce a Mixed Era setting for Sandbox mode. A Straight / Curved toggle for vehicle tour and monorail paths and adds Respiratory Malaise as a rare disease that can affect all dinosaurs and to which no dinosaur is immune, if the player owns the Claire Sanctuary DLC. Night Vision upgrade will also be added the main game and can be used on Jurassic Truck and Gyrosphere tours. The Malaise can appear on Isla Tacano and onwards, the cure is unlocked there. It will not appear if the Claire's Sanctuary DLC is not installed. The Night Vision Upgrade is an Entertainment Division Reward on Isla Sorna if RJP is installed.

A Camouflage gene will be added for the Carnotaurus and a Bioluminescent Gene will be added for remaining Hadrosaurs / Iguanodontids, Hyspolophodontids and on the Spinosaurus, Stegosaurus and Stegoceratops. DLC required for affected Dinosaurs / Hybrid.

Section 3

Jul - Dec 2021 DLC and Updates

1. Biosyn Dinosaur Pack
1A Pyroraptor - as seen in the Jurassic World Dominion promotional material.
1B Plateosaurus (introduces the the unique Prosauropod family type and Paleobotany requirements)
1C Amargasaurus

2. Pack Hunting Update. Adds pack hunting to the game for all small Dromaeosaurid type Dinosaurs, Dilophosaurus and Compsagnathus. Compys get a swarm attack animation that affects goats and guests. Compys are also able to apply venom to guests and goats, doing very little damage and weakening the person / animal, setting them up for the group kill animation. Dinosaurs will all get a wider suite of animations, including playfighting, inquisitive (examine viewing structures if attached to the fence, cocking their head slightly and sniffing the ground / sneezing) and nuzzling one another (more frequent among herbivores).

The venom status will now be applied by the Dilophosaurus during it's spit attack animation. The frequency of that animation will be decreased slightly during Dinosaur combat.

Olorotitan and Dreadnaughtus model size upsacled.

3. Owen Grady DLC

The Final DLC.

Adds the following dinosaurs / creatures.

3A Mosasaurus. The big selling point of the DLC. Comes in an aquarium similar to the Aviary from RJP.
3B Tarbosaurus
3C Psittacosaurus

Adds one new map: Jurassic World San Diego. Map size large. Challenge Mode Rewards for Any and Jurassic Level difficulties are a new Psittacosaurus and Tarbosaurus skin.

10 Missions long. Owen Grady has been put in charge of the first ever mainland Jurassic World park. It's up to him to not just keep the Dinosaurs and Guests safe, but the City too. Dinosaur breakouts now come with the added danger of them escaping into the city, resulting in an instant loss. You can use any and all unlocked content from main and side campaigns to make Jurassic World San Diego a success. City Escapes don't effect Challenge or Sandbox mode versions of the map, though it can be toggled on specifically for the Challenge Mode map if extra challenge is desired.

Adds Ranger Towers that will tranquilize Dinosaurs that enter within a certain area. Can be upgraded to have a big circle of influence. Can be set to target Herbivores or Carnivores.

Meganeura and Trilobite Exhibits.

Full Guest Mode.

Section 4

Late 2021 - June 2022

Patches all the way up until release of the film for consoles, PC and Switch.

Surprise Update prior to June 10th 2022.

Adds the following.

Battle at Big Rock model and skin for the Allosaurus

Siberian Mammoth. Eats from regular and expanded ground and tall herbivore feeders.

Smilodon. Eats from regular and expanded ground carnivore feeders, goat feeders and fish feeders.

Also more JWE streams leading up to JWD and a spoiler-filled discussion of JWD after its premier in theaters on Twitch with some of the Stars calling in to discuss their work and their work with Frontier.

Section 5

And that's it. That's what I'd get rolling if I was in charge of Frontier for a year. Sadly, we have nothing as a community to look forward to except the next season of Camp Cretaceous and Jurassic World Aftermath. I highly doubt JWE2 will be announced in 2021 or that it'll even be getting made. I've got 0 hope that Frontier is working on anything JP/JW related or that they will work on anything related to the IP in the future. It was nice while it lasted and while I wish it had lasted a little longer I'm grateful to Frontier for the fond memories they provided with this game. We've all waited for a true successor to the JPOG legacy and JWE more than delivered in revitalizing that age old dream of building our very own Jurassic Park / World. This isn't really a discussion thread, just a way for me to vent out ideas and features and dinosaurs I would've liked included before development of the game was finally and fully shelved. If you got this far, thanks for reading. I hope you found my ideas entertaining.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's understandable, times like these do warrant embracing the fantastical for a bit.

As far as I can tell, Frontier have built a pretty solid relationship with Universal, and that certainly keeps the door open for doing more with Jurassic. If Frontier wanted to pick it up again further down the line, even beyond Dominion it is a solid franchise that you can make a decent profit with, even a decade or so after the last movie.

I'm sure you've heard of the dino park builder competition by now, with the release of Prehistoric Kingdom next year, granted it's not Jurassic, or even close aesthetically, but it is certainly interesting.

It's understandable, times like these do warrant embracing the fantastical for a bit.

As far as I can tell, Frontier have built a pretty solid relationship with Universal, and that certainly keeps the door open for doing more with Jurassic. If Frontier wanted to pick it up again further down the line, even beyond Dominion it is a solid franchise that you can make a decent profit with, even a decade or so after the last movie.

I'm sure you've heard of the dino park builder competition by now, with the release of Prehistoric Kingdom next year, granted it's not Jurassic, or even close aesthetically, but it is certainly interesting.
Well, Dominion was delayed to June 2022, so that could give Jurassic World Evolution an advantage.

First off, this is purely fan-made wish fulfillment on my part and in no way represents anything Frontier or their intentions of their game. Secondly, I will be taking inspiration from the current state of affairs which includes: JWD being pushed back to 2022, the airing of Camp Cretaceous on Netflix and the Switch Port being one of the most disappointing announcements for the Jurassic Community this year. The goal of this post is to fix the things I think are wrong with the game, include things I think would make it more enjoyable and rectify some of the current failings of Frontier in engaging with its JWE community. We definitely got shafted this year, but hopefully this post can brighten up some people's days and hopefully provide inspiration for other fans to ponder on their own what if scenarios.

Section 1

Switch Support (end of 2020 - Early 2021)

1. I'd start off by apologizing to Switch players and acknowledging that the port is not in fact a "Complete Edition". I would offer an upfront refund or a discounted expansion pass to Switch users that would guarantee them all upcoming paid content.

2. I would unveil a "Switch Yellow" pre-order vehicle skin for those who pre-purchased the game on Nintendo Switch. Yellow feels like a very unique and Nintendo color to use.

3. After launch, I would release an update that adds the Vivid Ankylosaurs skin for all users on all platforms. It is the only piece of post-launch content Switch and Console users don't currently have access to, which inherently makes the "Complete Edition" on Switch incomplete.

4. In late November / early December of 2020 I'd release a Vehicle Skin Pack for 5 dollars that includes all 6 pre-order skins. Switch Users get it as part of their expansion pass and those of us on Console and PC could purchase it if desired. For those of us with pre-orders we'd be getting 5 Skins per dollar (not including the 6th we'd already own) and those who haven't pre-ordered would be getting 6 skins, making it a slightly more appealing deal to them. No point in holding back content that already exists and it would be a good way to earn back some goodwill from the community.

Section 2

Jan - Jun 2021 DLC and Updates

1. Hammond's Legacy Dinosaur Pack. This pack would feature the following dinosaurs and would also serve to expand the Jurassic Era mode dinosaur roster alongside a small update:
1A Nanosaurus
2A Microceratus
3A Callovosaurus

Depending on the version of the Jurassic Park book you've read you might be familiar with either 2A or 3A. As part of the update Dryosaurus and Nanosaurus would be reassigned to the Hypsilophodontid family of dinosaurs and the Callovosaurus would expand the roster of Igaunodontids. In addition to these new dinosaurs Joining the Jurassic Park and World Eras, the update would also add the Troodon to the Jurassic Park Era roster as well, as a less than subtle nod to Jurassic Park: The Game. While the Jurassic Park Era is still largely inferior to the Jurassic World Era, expanding it's roster of Dinosaurs to at least make creating more varied parks would go some ways towards making more viable. Presently, only the unique decorations and classic tour vehicles make it worth dipping into outside of its campaign.

2. Camp Cretaceous Season 2 Update. This update would be two-fold. Since season one didn't receive any accompanying update and admittedly there wasn't enough new stuff included in the show to really warrant an update, season Two would hopefully be the time to make up for it. Included in this update would be some new Dinosaurs (hopefully premiering in the next season), a new challenge / sandbox mode map and some new buildings, along with a further portion of the update that'll fix up some more of RJPs shortcomings.

2A Cryolophosaurus
2B Protoceratops
2C Dimorophodon (added for those who own the RJP dlc)

I feel fairly safe in my assumption that we'd see 2A and 2B in some point during season 2 or 3. They're the most unique and desirable dinosaurs from among the CC toyline. 2C should have been included in RJP to begin with, but with CC taking place on Isla Nublar post-Indominus, I expect we might see some in a cameo appearance, so adding them to the roster is a no-brainer.

The new Challenge / Sandbox mode map would be the titular Camp Cretaceous, it would be a small sized map and players will greatly benefit from two new buildings that would be added. The Rewards for completing Challenge Mode on Any Level and Jurassic Level would be a "Bumpy" character skin for the Ankylosaurus and for Jurassic Level the unique Bioluminescent Gene (effectively a new skin) for the Parasaurolophus. Ideally, the Bioluminescent Para would actually glow and be visible at night.

Treehouse Hotels: Would be very tall hotels, that take up less overall space than a normal hotel, but to balance out their more vertical nature, they would impede monorail and powerline paths, meaning the upper stories of your park would need to work around them, while the ground level would hopefully be a bit less constricted by the narrower base of the new hotels.

Zipline Towers: A new viewing method that would allow you to connect two of the new towers with a zipline moving in a straight line between them. To cross multiple exhibits, you would have to construct an additional tower and connect it to the current zipline path. Zipline would also have their aerial paths impeded by Treehouse Hotels. Can also be used to connect different sections of the park to each other and provide mild Transportation satisfaction.

Jurassic World Era Aviary. This would only be added for those own the RJP expansion. Both Pteranodons and Dimoprohodons can be placed in either version of the Aviary and the Dimorphodon would be added to the Jurassic Park Era Dinosaur roster along with Protoceratops.

Signs and Lightposts from the RJP expansion will be added to the list of Jurassic World Era decorations. A Jurassic World and Camp Cretaceous style large tour gate will be added for Jurassic World era vehicle tours.

3. Division Head Focused DLC.

Lambert, Isaac and Dua definitely need a little more fleshing out imo. Cabot Finch got a lot of love in many of the DLCs and his character became infinitely more likable and our understanding of who he is, why he's involved and what his motivation are became more and more developed with time. Outside of the Dr. Wu DLC, the only characterization we have of the 3 Division Heads really comes from the main campaign. They are all very much absent from Claire's and the Return to Jurassic Park DLC, where Cabot got the most attention. While I doubt the same level of attention could be given to the department heads in the course of one DLC, even one mostly focused on them, it would go some way to making them more interesting to the player overall. This would be another campaign integrated into the main campaign rather than a side story campaign like CS or RJP. The following dinosaurs / creatures would be added to the game.

3A Segisaurus (would be added to the Jurassic Park Era Dinosaur roster)
3B Gigantoraptor
3C Dimetrodon
3D Pachyrhinosaurus
3E Therizinosaurus (adds unique Therizinosaur dinosaur family type and Paleobotany requirements)

It would feature two new maps, unlocked at around the same time as Isla Pena. They would of course be available in Sandbox / Challenge mode. MTS would have have as it's Any and Jurassic Difficulty skins a Dimetrodon and Therizinosaurus skin. CRS would have a Pachyrhinosaurus and another Dimetrodon skin.

Matanceros Test Site. Missions taking place here would be set in the past, set up as "archives" of past events from around the time of the purchase of the Muertes Archipelago by Ingen. There would be about 3 missions here, covering initial Jurassic World operations as small "Test" area was constructed, utilized, torn down and reconstructed to test out various situations in a controlled manner. One mission would be for Dua, Lambert and Isaac each, focusing on their usage of the test area. Map size would be small.

Chile Research Station. Missions taking place here would be in the present, set up as the Division Heads applying old data from the Archives at their new mainland facility. There would be 4 missions here, one centered around the Division Heads like before and a final mission culminating in them applying all of their combined knowledge and experience.

There would be an accompanying update and some patches afterwards. The update would introduce a Mixed Era setting for Sandbox mode. A Straight / Curved toggle for vehicle tour and monorail paths and adds Respiratory Malaise as a rare disease that can affect all dinosaurs and to which no dinosaur is immune, if the player owns the Claire Sanctuary DLC. Night Vision upgrade will also be added the main game and can be used on Jurassic Truck and Gyrosphere tours. The Malaise can appear on Isla Tacano and onwards, the cure is unlocked there. It will not appear if the Claire's Sanctuary DLC is not installed. The Night Vision Upgrade is an Entertainment Division Reward on Isla Sorna if RJP is installed.

A Camouflage gene will be added for the Carnotaurus and a Bioluminescent Gene will be added for remaining Hadrosaurs / Iguanodontids, Hyspolophodontids and on the Spinosaurus, Stegosaurus and Stegoceratops. DLC required for affected Dinosaurs / Hybrid.

Section 3

Jul - Dec 2021 DLC and Updates

1. Biosyn Dinosaur Pack
1A Pyroraptor - as seen in the Jurassic World Dominion promotional material.
1B Plateosaurus (introduces the the unique Prosauropod family type and Paleobotany requirements)
1C Amargasaurus

2. Pack Hunting Update. Adds pack hunting to the game for all small Dromaeosaurid type Dinosaurs, Dilophosaurus and Compsagnathus. Compys get a swarm attack animation that affects goats and guests. Compys are also able to apply venom to guests and goats, doing very little damage and weakening the person / animal, setting them up for the group kill animation. Dinosaurs will all get a wider suite of animations, including playfighting, inquisitive (examine viewing structures if attached to the fence, cocking their head slightly and sniffing the ground / sneezing) and nuzzling one another (more frequent among herbivores).

The venom status will now be applied by the Dilophosaurus during it's spit attack animation. The frequency of that animation will be decreased slightly during Dinosaur combat.

Olorotitan and Dreadnaughtus model size upsacled.

3. Owen Grady DLC

The Final DLC.

Adds the following dinosaurs / creatures.

3A Mosasaurus. The big selling point of the DLC. Comes in an aquarium similar to the Aviary from RJP.
3B Tarbosaurus
3C Psittacosaurus

Adds one new map: Jurassic World San Diego. Map size large. Challenge Mode Rewards for Any and Jurassic Level difficulties are a new Psittacosaurus and Tarbosaurus skin.

10 Missions long. Owen Grady has been put in charge of the first ever mainland Jurassic World park. It's up to him to not just keep the Dinosaurs and Guests safe, but the City too. Dinosaur breakouts now come with the added danger of them escaping into the city, resulting in an instant loss. You can use any and all unlocked content from main and side campaigns to make Jurassic World San Diego a success. City Escapes don't effect Challenge or Sandbox mode versions of the map, though it can be toggled on specifically for the Challenge Mode map if extra challenge is desired.

Adds Ranger Towers that will tranquilize Dinosaurs that enter within a certain area. Can be upgraded to have a big circle of influence. Can be set to target Herbivores or Carnivores.

Meganeura and Trilobite Exhibits.

Full Guest Mode.

Section 4

Late 2021 - June 2022

Patches all the way up until release of the film for consoles, PC and Switch.

Surprise Update prior to June 10th 2022.

Adds the following.

Battle at Big Rock model and skin for the Allosaurus

Siberian Mammoth. Eats from regular and expanded ground and tall herbivore feeders.

Smilodon. Eats from regular and expanded ground carnivore feeders, goat feeders and fish feeders.

Also more JWE streams leading up to JWD and a spoiler-filled discussion of JWD after its premier in theaters on Twitch with some of the Stars calling in to discuss their work and their work with Frontier.

Section 5

And that's it. That's what I'd get rolling if I was in charge of Frontier for a year. Sadly, we have nothing as a community to look forward to except the next season of Camp Cretaceous and Jurassic World Aftermath. I highly doubt JWE2 will be announced in 2021 or that it'll even be getting made. I've got 0 hope that Frontier is working on anything JP/JW related or that they will work on anything related to the IP in the future. It was nice while it lasted and while I wish it had lasted a little longer I'm grateful to Frontier for the fond memories they provided with this game. We've all waited for a true successor to the JPOG legacy and JWE more than delivered in revitalizing that age old dream of building our very own Jurassic Park / World. This isn't really a discussion thread, just a way for me to vent out ideas and features and dinosaurs I would've liked included before development of the game was finally and fully shelved. If you got this far, thanks for reading. I hope you found my ideas entertaining.

Cheers.
Nice list. I'd love to see all this added into the game.
Although, I would like to add a few things;
I would love to see Dreadnoughtus upscaled to 20% or 23%
I'm not sure about the Cenozoic animals

P.s. Would to like to hear the dinosaurs that I would like Frontier to add into Jurassic World Evolution

Last edited:
Top Bottom