FAO: Players in Kamzel Group

Frontier Developments game support are preparing to transfer all Kamzel members over to a brand new private group called Fleetcomm.

The new group will be administrated by CMDR Grnbrg once this process is complete.

Game support has indicated that while this is taking place anyone online and in Kamzel group may be disconnected during the transition.

The transition is expected to take around 30 minutes.

The transition is scheduled for 13:00 Gametime on September 1st.

Kamzel group will be disbanded shortly afterward.

After Sept. 1st, anyone not in the new Fleetcomm group that wants access will need to contact Grnbrg, either via forum PM here : Link

Or via FleetComm discord, here : Link

New members will need to send him your forum name and commander name before applying to group Fleetcomm in-game.

Update : Grnbrg has set up a registration form : Fleetcomm Private Group Application

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up :) I really hope it's going to be tightly monitored so we don't get Mobius-like raids occurring in it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up :) I really hope it's going to be tightly monitored so we don't get Mobius-like raids occurring in it.

I'll confirm that I do have a naughty list that I will continue to use and update. There has been a lot of discussion recently regarding whether to block players based on certain player group affiliation, and I'm not yet sure which is the better path.

To date, the group has been open to anyone, and the block list has been based on actions, not association. And there have been more incidents in Kamzel of commanders being damaged or destroyed by the reckless flying of others than by deliberate PvP activity.

I want FleetComm to be both safe and inclusive, but that is a very difficult balance to make.

CMDR grnbrg.

To date, the group has been open to anyone, and the block list has been based on actions, not association. And there have been more incidents in Kamzel of commanders being damaged or destroyed by the reckless flying of others than by deliberate PvP activity.

I want FleetComm to be both safe and inclusive, but that is a very difficult balance to make.

XD here! here!

I joined Mobius a long time ago,and just came back after a long break,about two weeks ago. I have not heard of any problems with Mobius. Guess I will drop them.

Thank you Erimus for starting Kamzel...it has been my group of choice for exploring since start of DWE. And thank you Cmdr Grnbrg for taking on the role. I like your philosophy...inclusiveness is good...

Frawd

Count me in as well. I am relatively quiet on the forums, but am a member of Mobius and play on a near daily basis. This is exactly the group I have been looking for.

Excellent. Great stuff.

If only we could also stop the 'gamer mindset' that sees new groups and discords with every other expedition!

Excellent. Great stuff.

If only we could also stop the 'gamer mindset' that sees new groups and discords with every other expedition!

Many expedition have been using Kamzel -- it's convenient. But they do tend to want to create their own Discord servers. I get that -- they want to be able to run their own show. The FleetComm Discord will remain around for some time, and channels will be made available to any expedition that doesn't want to bother dealing with their own.

CMDR grnbrg.

Thank you Erimus for starting Kamzel...it has been my group of choice for exploring since start of DWE. And thank you Cmdr Grnbrg for taking on the role. I like your philosophy...inclusiveness is good...

Frawd

My thoughts exactly. I've been exploring on my own, usually in Kamzel, just so I can say "Hi" to any fellow explorers that I happen across.

Dealing with applications coming in from forum PMs, Discord PMs and requests from various Discord channels is getting a bit ridiculous, so I've created a sign-up form for FleetComm access.

Submit a join request to the in-game private group, and please fill in the FleetComm Private Group Application form.

Thanks!

CMDR grnbrg.

Hmm, in two minds about this.

First off, thank you SO MUCH to Erimus/Kamzel for being one of the instrumental forces behind DWE3302 (from which I have yet to return..) - it is by FAR the best online and social gaming experience I've had in my ...*mumble*..30-ish..*mumble* years of gaming.

I still mostly fly in Kamzel as I slowly make my way back home.

Also many thanks to Cmdr grnbrg for taking over the management of Kamzel/Fleetcom and maintaining a safe and fun place for us explorers.

But as I've been somewhat absent of late (summer, motorbikes, and NMS) I'm not entirely sure what the history behind this move from Kamzel to Fleetcom is, and I don't want to take anything away from what must be a major organisational undertaking, but I am marginally concerned that this means a significantly increased membership with all its associated potential issues. I really hope it will all go smoothly. At the end of the day flying with more like-minded Commanders will be awesome!

However, I will continue to exercise extreme caution and prejudice when meeting unknown (to me) Commanders out here.

Top Bottom