Far Cry 5

[video=youtube;Uq0YrQLa3Vo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq0YrQLa3Vo[/video]

[video=youtube;XaHEFYU8sVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaHEFYU8sVM[/video]

[video=youtube;lUGaMaE-Bdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUGaMaE-Bdw[/video]

[video=youtube;589IhCWadVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=589IhCWadVM[/video]

All there is for now...

May I assume this time the evil corp won't be pirates or anything of sort, but some kind of religious cult gone mental?
Can't wait to shoot some rednecks though :D Although, geographically Montana isn't really a hillbilly country, isn't it?

Last edited:
Interesting. Does have a bit of a horror/thriller vibe to it. I only really played Far Cry 3, but found it to be pretty good. Consequitive ones seemed to be "clones" in terms of game mechanics, so I've had little interest in them. Watching to see how this turns out though.

I've played all of these since the original (which I thought was the best) mostly picking them up in sales especially after fc2. There's a lot to like in them but recent titles are incredibly Icon Heavy propping up the gameplay. I dislike games such as these in general. So yeah, I hope they change things up a lot but we'll see...the chances are they won't deviate too much from the old formula.

I really didn't like FC2. What with performance issues and those silly respawning checkpoints the minute you walk away from them etc. But the fire effects were stunning. The other games I have enjoyed, mostly, and have to admit I'm looking forward to this one.

But for the love of God I hope they come up with some other mechanics other than climbing towers to fill out the map and then hunting random animals to skin them to make a bag or some such item. It's getting lazy now.

I really didn't like FC2. What with performance issues and those silly respawning checkpoints the minute you walk away from them etc. But the fire effects were stunning. The other games I have enjoyed, mostly, and have to admit I'm looking forward to this one.

But for the love of God I hope they come up with some other mechanics other than climbing towers to fill out the map and then hunting random animals to skin them to make a bag or some such item. It's getting lazy now.

Well, these mechanics were working in context of tropical island and mountains of Tibet(?). But they definitely have to refresh it if that's the new setting they're going for.

P3sbGMA.png

I flippin see a radio mast in the distance. So radio mast climbing based gameplay ala the same formula of the last few games all over again. Pah!

Yep, it will be another Far Cry game with Far Cry mechanics. Expect map unlocks from climbing cell towers or power pylons and skinning animals to make pouches for grenades etc., where only the right animal will do.

Ubisoft just dare not rock the boat, or in this case formula, for fear of breaking something. I didn't even bother with Primal, although I will play it when it gets down to about £15 but not before.

I can understand why some people are up in arms about the game but then there are those people out there that are just begging to be offended by something just so they can complain about it. I for one can separate my interest in video games and some of the horrible things they let me do from reality. I can enjoy this game for what is and walk away without thinking too much into what some people might feel it is portraying. Its entertainment to me, nothing more than that and certainly not going to influence my view of the world in any way....other than to realise some people out there need to calm down a bit and perhaps actually wait until the game has been released before getting so upset about it.

Not a big fan of another cult (Outlast 2 anyone) setting to be honest and I also hope they will step away from the "tower" idea coz its getting super old in Ubi games at this point.

That whole Far Cry formula is boring as hell nowadays. Least to me. Very unlikely to get bought at all let alone on a sale.

Top Bottom