Imperial Courier Fast Battle Courier

So how did it go? Can you post a Coriolis link to your build Vector?
Pretty cool! But i need to experiment a bit with the weapons i think.

At the moment it's an exact copy of yours.

But i struggled at stripping the hull.

But bear on me, i was used flying a big dominator and i need to get used not having access to at least 2 Class 4 Weapons xD

I don't know if the efficient Mod on the beams is that good on this type of build - i have a feeling it should be Long range. But i need to experiment more.

Thanks and I'd be interested in your results. It's not a great one v one ship, that i will grant. I use it to slash through the RES and get my tags. ships smaller than a Clipper are no trouble, but above that i am usually not looking to kill it straight up, just do my bit and get my tags. Since I fly it wide open I just make gunnery passes, and extend. Like a Focke-Wulf 190 attacking a bomber stream :)

I tried frags but they didn't work well with the high closure rate. But if you fly it differently, using the speed for escape but not attack, many different weapons become viable i think. I used efficient beams to keep the power down and the heat lower.

more than 1 LW plasma cook your ship, and convergence is far from decent with all 3 and avarage at best with just 2, courier is least used small combat ship in pvp, for a reason...

My PvP Flechette Courier still holding strong since my last postAdded new ship kit, she’s looking like a real solid combat ship.

Build:

Combat Footage:
Remote Release Flechette Combat Courier
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEuUVNm29iqzowRI_80ITNdWsrDaDzXcx
D3200A65-0121-4A4D-AF02-31DAEB2ECD10.jpeg
E27B51B4-6501-4C6D-9004-0A7AF04CEAF7.jpeg

51426D2F-C67D-4A85-A37E-715A4A3AE64A.jpeg

E1FE86D5-BA39-4187-A7B9-EE5580F9367E.jpeg

My PvP Flechette Courier still holding strong since my last postAdded new ship kit, she’s looking like a real solid combat ship.

Build:

Combat Footage:
View attachment 212891View attachment 212890
View attachment 212892
View attachment 212893
Now that's a good looking Courier. I'm getting a nice Hammerhead vibe. 😼

Build:

Combat Footage:
View attachment 212891View attachment 212890
View attachment 212892
View attachment 212893
Haven't seen a post or a new vid in a long time. Glad to see you once again. Whenever I see someone asking questions about iCourier combat builds, I always tell them to go watch yours. I thoroughly enjoy your capabilities and "outside the box" thinking with this ship. IMHO, your research is timeless, and has inspired iCourier bulids that I still use. Many thanks for making this ship one of my all time favorites. Kudos!

SR o7

Haven't seen a post or a new vid in a long time. Glad to see you once again. Whenever I see someone asking questions about iCourier combat builds, I always tell them to go watch yours. I thoroughly enjoy your capabilities and "outside the box" thinking with this ship. IMHO, your research is timeless, and has inspired iCourier bulids that I still use. Many thanks for making this ship one of my all time favorites. Kudos!

SR o7
Thanks man! I actually just downsized this weapons platform into an Imperial Eagle, it’s just as effective if not better due to having equipped it with G5 Rapid Fire Advanced Missiles.

I found that due to the convergence of the Flechettes on the Courier, I was doing less damage from the explosions. The aiming sight is between both flechettes so only partial damage is delivered to the targeted module.
A single direct hit from Flechette was more effective and economical, so I tested on Imperial Eagle with great success. It also helps that Imperial Eagles C2 mount is centerline, making it even more accurate!

It's actully hard to find ship that is not better than courier for combat for this sole reason, anything with double chaff or something able to synth chaff, and courier have no play

Thanks man! I actually just downsized this weapons platform into an Imperial Eagle, it’s just as effective if not better due to having equipped it with G5 Rapid Fire Advanced Missiles.

I found that due to the convergence of the Flechettes on the Courier, I was doing less damage from the explosions. The aiming sight is between both flechettes so only partial damage is delivered to the targeted module.
A single direct hit from Flechette was more effective and economical, so I tested on Imperial Eagle with great success. It also helps that Imperial Eagles C2 mount is centerline, making it even more accurate!

May i ask you to share your ieagle build? Your latest youtube vids with it are a blast 👌

May i ask you to share your ieagle build? Your latest youtube vids with it are a blast 👌

The Advanced Missile Rack is not in Coriolis and causes the EDMC export of the build an error in the Coirlis site. So instead its an EDSY link.

Its fun as hell!!! Gives new life to the this Majestic Imperial Eagle.

raise thread

My Courier hull has been sitting in my hangar since, well, actually since before we got a free one for christmas from that Smiling Cat or what his name was. So now I finally resolved to do someting with it, and it turned out to be quite an interesting undertaking! All the tried and proven standard recipes don't work too well with the Courier, not if you want to make something of its excellent speed. So I scoured the forums and found several useful threads, but I think ultimately this was the best one. I mean to use my Courier for combat only.

So the Courier benefits especially from staying as light as possible -- so this turns out to be a good application of the CG PP we got a couple of years ago. Previously I had used it in a Viper with absurd DPS (127!), then moved the entire setup (PP and weapons) to a DBS. And all that is well and good but now I think the real calling of this PP is in the Courier.

The first unusual thing about this ship is how the shields behave. Normally, when building a PVE ship, I just plug in the biggest Bi-Weaves it can fit, add a bunch of 0A Shield Boosters, make a couple of them Heavy-Duty, balance out the resistances and maybe add a Guardian SRP. If you do this with the Courier, you ruin the ship. So for the first time ever, I undersized the SG in a combat ship and engineered 0E SBs. 🥲
After much deliberation, I went for 2C Bi-Weaves. I am aware of various Prismatic builds, but ultimately I prefer a fast recharge over maximum cap. I'll add a few 1D GSRPs, to balance out the shields at around 800 Absolute.

The trickiest problem, however, is the armament. TBH I find this the biggest weakness of the Courier as it is -- 3 medium hardpoints with bad convergence. So what do we do with that. Most of the builds shown in this thread have some mixture of Lightweight MCs and/or lasers.
Now I feel that Beam lasers are a particularly bad fit for the ship, as beams drain your PD like crazy, and you need more pips in WEP, which bites into our speed and shield strength.
On the other hand, I've always found MCs a bit anaemic. Sure, you'll want one for Corrosive. But three of them?

C2 weapons as a whole are kinda the red-headed stepchilds of weapons anyway. C1 has the excellent Cytoscrambler. C3 has the awesome Pacifier and the very decent APA. C2 has mostly the standard stuff... but wait! C2 does have some relatively recent arrivals... the Azimuth weapons! Namely the Modplasma and the Modshard.

So, I plan to test those on the Courier. Currently the Dual Modplasmas are my setup of choice on my bounty hunting Chieftain, which will now be reverted to Pacs, I guess. The modplasmas don't have the raw DPS of Pacs, for instance, but the non-Xeno damage portion is Absolute, and you just gotta love the shot speed. Also, the Piercing is more than enough for any armour the Hoomins have.

Modshards are the other option. Their damage is Thermal, which isn't as good as Absolute. Their strong point is the very high burst damage, but they come with quite a thermal load. So far I've tested only a single C1 Modshard on the Courier and that was no problem at all, even at 1 pip. So now I'll try how it does with a heavier loadout, while keeping the total mass and speed in mind.

But not tonight! I planned to, but I messed up the transfer request before jumping the carrier and now it's almost another hour until it arrives. Grrr.

Done some test runs. All with one LW Corr MC and 2 "heavy" weapons. None of them satisfactory:

• C2+C1 Modplasma: too much distro draw. Even with 4 pips to WEP it's constantly empty and the corrosive MC won't even fire.
  • C2+C1 Modshards: too much heat. Can't use the burst fire as it cooks your own ship. In the end many of my modules were down to as little as 19%, even though I never lost shields.
  • 2x C2 Efficient PA: power draw and heat are well manageable, but the plasma shots are so damn slow, and the reload always comes at inopportune times and takes forever.
If this had worked better, I would have made a LW PA to lose less speed. As it is, it's not worth it.

Guess I'll switch one of the weapons back to the Thermal Shock MC I built; I have no idea how much use the effect really is when you have only one of them. Then test that with a single heavy weapon in the centerline.

Any other suggestions?

I'm currently using overcharged incendiary frags on the nacelles and in the centre I've stuck a SRB super penetrator railgun. All three do a decent job of removing shields and the railgun cutting up modules does help with the relatively low DPS you get out of a Courier (compared to your typical medium ship anyway) if you enjoy powerplant sniping.

So that's 2 votes for incendiary frags, I guess I should give them a try. ^^ Can these also be Fixed, or is the combination of convergence (or lack thereof) and spread too bad and they should be gimballed?

Not sure if the Frags can also be OC... in combination with the centerline weapon that would be 12 tons total, the kind of mass that the Courier doesn't take kindly to. :/ 2

Another option would be to just mount Cytos on the wings... I'd have to see how well I can hit with those jitterbugs.

But before I start engineering a cannon, I'll try an OC PA as centerline weapon, see how that goes. And I also should still have some rails lying around.

Either way, the thermal shock MC is rubbish -- just fought an NPC Python that wasn't worried about firing one SCB after another at all.

Can these also be Fixed, or is the combination of convergence (or lack thereof) and spread too bad and they should be gimballed?

You can use them fixed and to help convergence you can mount them center plus a nacele, getting them fixed would help with damage

You can also use 3 frags

I've had a lot of fun with this build, which I suppose is the AX version of frags (mounted one central, one nacelle) Heart Breaker.
It was great fun particularly watching newer players with Anacondas getting disabled and soaking up all the Thargoid missiles, while you keep your long range therrnal vent beam at a distance cooling you in advance of a rapid attack run exposing and breaking hearts once tharg shields drop. Also really good when a Tharg turns and re-arms. You can stay right on their tail with a boost, unlike the Kraits and Chieftans (While it still works... https://clipchamp.com/watch/TKksTxVevow?utm_source=share&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=watch)

And while I would previously have suggested the twin efficient beams plus one lightly sprinkled Corrosive MC on this build (it perfectly balances 4 pips to wep), in the last CZ CG I tried tweaking the weapons and ended up trading the beams with a rapid fire intertial impact burst for hull and rapid fire burst for shields (except you just fire both all the time :)) instead of the beams. Not having to re-arm is a great advantage. Warbird

Cytos on a Courier are very effective, here's my "small amount of any cargo, fast" build Fast freight. The aim was mission running and blockade busting. With 12 tons of cargo its still 30LYr and 700ms, and when you get fed up of pirates then just get in close behind them and stay there. Shields drop in no time, and when mixed with corrosive MCs Cytos work on hull too. Obviously its not too resilient, but you can still take out pirate lord Anacondas, Corvettes and FDLs, just not all at once (although they often do a good job of taking each other out, so enjoy)

Good luck with the frags.

Top Bottom