Faster drop for Armada

Like many others, I purchased the classic rides collection purely for Armada, looking to create rides along the same ilk as the jurassic park river ride at universal. The thing is the drop is incredibly slow and anti-climactic. Instead of a plummet, it's more of a guided decline and the splash feels a bit of a let down. I know how hard you guys at Frontier work and you always listen to your fans, more so than any other developer. Is there any possibility of adding a faster drop option for Armada in a patch? Any help is appreciated.

I think the Armada was more intended as a dark ride if anything and you can probably tell just by its appearance that it was loosely based on the likes of Pirates of the Caribbean and Fata Morgana. The way I see it, and hopefully this helps, the drop for the Armada could be used as a surprise element using lighting or whatever. :)

Like a lot of people, I'd love to see a 'shoot-the-chute' ride in Planco but only time will tell if this happens! ;)

Yeah, that´s a big disappointment. As with so many of the -pretty looking- rides of the Classic Rides Collection, the designs have many animation flaws.
It´s fine that they added the function to pause the drop. But if you set the pause to 0 seconds, the boat still stops. The drop is also unrealistic as it constantly decelerates.

Other design/animation flaws appear on the Free Flyer: The swinging out of the gondolas is absolutely unrealistic and the overall ride seems to be scaled a bit on the small side.
Compare the size and the flawless animation to rides like Rocktopus and Tri-Storm and you´ll notice the difference in design and animation.

The inability to change speed on the Macchina Classica has been discussed numerous times as wel....it´s a shame that these things have never been adressed or fixed.

Can you change speed on the antique cars? If yes, you can change the vehicles to the other ones the sports car convertibles. Yes, we need a shoot the chute ride with a steep drop, Cascade is not the same ride although you can use that for now.

Can you change speed on the antique cars? If yes, you can change the vehicles to the other ones the sports car convertibles. Yes, we need a shoot the chute ride with a steep drop, Cascade is not the same ride although you can use that for now.
You can change speed, in the way that you can set a constant speed for the whole ride.
Especially the Macchina Classica, which can go pretty fast, should be able to slow down in curves and speed to full speed on straight track,

You can change speed, in the way that you can set a constant speed for the whole ride.
Especially the Macchina Classica, which can go pretty fast, should be able to slow down in curves and speed to full speed on straight track,

I am all for the Idea for variable Speeds for those types of Rides. (changeable for the individual Track Pieces) For all Tracked Rides basically. Not for the Water Rides of course. Also, i haven't tried the Armada yet. So it stops at the drop regardless? hmm

Last edited:
Top Bottom