General / Off-Topic Favourite 'Original Crew' Star Trek Film (1-6) <Spoilers!>

Indeed it could .. if you open the floor to all the versions:

- Best crew: TNG
- Best captain: Piccard
- Best female in lycra: Jadzir Dax (wibble :D)
- Best male actor: Piccard, though Worf in DS9 deserves a mention
- Best doctor: Voyager's version
- Best Alien: Q
- Best episode of them all: All good things (Final episode TNG)
- Best story arc: DS9

I could go on ... :)

With you on a lot of those Liqua: though I'll hold out for 7 of 9! And Worf I found a bit humourless untill the Tribbles episode where someone points out that Klingons look completely different: "we don't talk about that"

Oh, and best First Officer? Spock, no contest (so back on-topic for TOS Selezan!)

To me it's not like the StarTrek vsStar Wars debate because all the series were made consistent with the same universe, with guest appearances in different series (Q was in TNG and Voyager wasn't he?)

Happy days!

With you on a lot of those Liqua: though I'll hold out for 7 of 9! And Worf I found a bit humourless untill the Tribbles episode where someone points out that Klingons look completely different: "we don't talk about that"

Oh, and best First Officer? Spock, no contest (so back on-topic for TOS Selezan!)

To me it's not like the StarTrek vsStar Wars debate because all the series were made consistent with the same universe, with guest appearances in different series (Q was in TNG and Voyager wasn't he?)

Happy days!

consistent to the same universe? i think not, enterprise rewrote the canon - 1701 was always the first starship enterprise and to fans of the fiction Robert April was always it's first captain - and that's before you even get to Pike.

the reboot film was more true to canon, although JTK being born in space was going a bit far and his dad died on Hellguard, the same world Savik was born on but a nifty bit of romulan time travel fills most of that gap.

back to the original series, has anyone else read Uhura's song?

consistent to the same universe? i think not, enterprise rewrote the canon - 1701 was always the first starship enterprise and to fans of the fiction Robert April was always it's first captain - and that's before you even get to Pike.

the reboot film was more true to canon, although JTK being born in space was going a bit far and his dad died on Hellguard, the same world Savik was born on but a nifty bit of romulan time travel fills most of that gap.

back to the original series, has anyone else read Uhura's song?

Fair point: I'm afraid for me "Enterprise" elicits the Worf response "we don't talk about that": the only series that didn't do it for me. But on the whole the universe was very consistent: nerdily so some might say :eek:

Interesting viewpoint, given that the reboot is the only one of the post-TOS series that specifically states it is outside the original canon - set in a completely different universe, no less. ;)

Top Bottom