FC don’t function like a station in the most important way

Economically.

Why is it good to sell at one station and not another? Demand, and economic states. Why would a station have demand for something? Because it’s being used. Items are used in a station to fulfill a purpose. Like, feed the crew and population, produce other goods, and those goods in turn to produce others, craft restock materials, make repairs, maybe every fabricate ships and modules on site. Obviously varying by economy types.

FC lack this key function and thus their only market trading value is credits and one time engineer unlocks. And that’s a problem.

FC markets are player driven, so FC demand is solely based on what the player who owns it wants and is prepared to pay.
Nothing more, nothing less.

FC markets are player driven, so FC demand is solely based on what the player who owns it wants and is prepared to pay.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Exactly, and there’s nothing to want besides top sale item and one time unlocks, which means 99% of the commodities have no purpose and therefor there’s no actual player driven economy.

Honestly even if you set aside the pricing issues and the problems surrounding upkeep the Fleet Carriers seem to have more problems that solutions.

There is just a laundry list of problems FDev is going to need to address before Carriers become a good feature for the players.

Exactly, and there’s nothing to want besides top sale item and one time unlocks, which means 99% of the commodities have no purpose and therefor there’s no actual player driven economy.

Possibly. But I fully expect that there are people out there who will figure out how to make it work for them.
Maybe not as a purely profit making exercise, but I can certainly see BGS groups being fairly creative with them to achieve their ends.

Possibly. But I fully expect that there are people out there who will figure out how to make it work for them.
Maybe not as a purely profit making exercise, but I can certainly see BGS groups being fairly creative with them to achieve their ends.
That I can see too. But the issue is still that like most features they are all seperate, and only connected very minimally or not at all, instead of them being a fully integrated web of features continually building on each other.

Top Bottom