FC : Negative return Commodities + One way tic to Colonia

I'm thinking about helping out by delivering some Tritium to Colonia

1. How much max / min would one sell Tritium at Colonia ?

2. I loaded up my FC fully with Tritium (with just one ship onboard) which is able to store 24,070 tons. At the selling price of around 209%
-- 89,158 the expected return is 2,146,033,060
but at
-- 89,258 the expected return is -2,146,527,236
How come there is a negative ? A bug ?

3. I noticed there is no way to limit how many you can sell - and if the sale depleted all my reserves to return to the bubble.. would decommissioning the FC at Colonia + self destruct worth it (just an extreme though) ? ...I can probably just buy some Tritium from other FCs.

2. I loaded up my FC fully with Tritium (with just one ship onboard) which is able to store 24,070 tons. At the selling price of around 209%
but at

3. I noticed there is no way to limit how many you can sell - and if the sale depleted all my reserves to return to the bubble.. would decommissioning the FC at Colonia + self destruct worth it (just an extreme though) ? ...I can probably just buy some Tritium from other FCs.
Yup. Signed Integer overflow, because 89,258 x 24,070 is larger than 2^31.

(2^31 = 2,147,483,648 , 89,258 * 24,070 = 2,148,440,060)

Last edited:

but at

1. depends on a lot of factors. Forget about making a profit, just try to break even. Go mining if you want to make huge profits.

2. Haven't seen that happen, although I am getting a weird credit bug on current fuel run, it wen't into minus, then gave me an extra 80 million, will check my logs later today.

3. A few weeks back I would have said that is a problem, lots of carriers hauling now, so not a worry. You only need around 2300 left in the cargo bay (with a full fuel tank) So you should be safe.

I am on my 6th run now, the only time I made a huge sum, was when Colonia first went dry, somebody bought a huge amount of fuel off me for a ridiculous price. I set that price to deter bulk traders, didn't work.

Btw, you can pick up NPC passengers out near barnards loop, and other tourist spots, they offer a huge amount for one way and tourist runs to Colonia. I'd also suggest joining discord, a lot of cmdrs looking for rides both ways, they can also help with fuel if you do get bought out.

Check the Colonia-Bubble-Colonia section

Actually at 89,158 , you will likely sell out, you are undercutting most of the tankers out there. I have been trying to sell at bubble prices, make credits through buying painite from the miners out there to cover costs.

Thanks guys. I'm not concern of a profit, break even would be good. It's a long trip trial for the FC, started few hours ago.

I'm about 3500 ly away from the bubble. Setting a timer and switch to do other things between jumps, is quite refreshing.

Actually at 89,158 , you will likely sell out, you are undercutting most of the tankers out there. I have been trying to sell at bubble prices, make credits through buying painite from the miners out there to cover costs.

I use the above price just to show the point of + and - at the expected return. I've yet to decide what price to sell.

I use the above price just to show the point of + and - at the expected return. I've yet to decide what price to sell.

Ah ok, well to cover your fuel costs, plus it is a minimum of 30 hours turn around to and from Colonia (if you are a machine) 200k plus is the norm out there. Things may change over the next few weeks if refineries get a boost from the expected community goal.

Thanks for this. I sold close to 300t to you yesterday and will likely do so again if this is something you'll be offering every time you're in the nebula.

Thanks for this. I sold close to 300t to you yesterday and will likely do so again if this is something you'll be offering every time you're in the nebula.

Back on Saturday, I messed up and transferred most of my funds to my alt carrier, didn't have anywhere near enough to buy all the cargo in Colonia. Will be back with lots more credits.

If you a few ton of Tritium to get you back or if you are interested in LTD's give us a friends request (I am not on Discord).

but at

Only other things to bear in mind are the cost of decommissioning the FC and at least 1 week of upkeep fees.

Apparently a fully-loaded FC takes around 5,600t of Tritium to get to Colonia.
At Cr42k/t, that's roughly Cr235m
You're, apparently, going to lose 10% of the value of your FC upon decommisioning, so that's Cr500m and you'll have weekly upkeep costs of Cr5m per week.
All together, it's going to cost you ~Cr740m to get a FC full of Tritium to Colonia and then decommission the FC.

You've got 24,000t of Tritium.
You buy it at Cr42k/t for a cost of ~Cr1bn.
Add on the expenses and you need to sell the Tritium for a total of at least Cr1.75bn to break even.
1,750,000,000 / 24000 = 72917

You need to sell the Tritium for at least Cr73k/t to break even.

Anything more than that is profit.

Sell it for Cr80k/t and you'll make Cr186m in profit.
Roughly the equivalent of an hour mining.

Honestly, you might as well just do everybody a favour and sell it for a break-even price and then just go mining for an hour.
Or, I suppose, try to price-gouge in order to make it worthwhile.

Only other things to bear in mind are the cost of decommissioning the FC and at least 1 week of upkeep fees.

Apparently a fully-loaded FC takes around 5,600t of Tritium to get to Colonia.
At Cr42k/t, that's roughly Cr235m
You're, apparently, going to lose 10% of the value of your FC upon decommisioning, so that's Cr500m and you'll have weekly upkeep costs of Cr5m per week.
All together, it's going to cost you ~Cr740m to get a FC full of Tritium to Colonia and then decommission the FC.

You've got 24,000t of Tritium.
You buy it at Cr42k/t for a cost of ~Cr1bn.
Add on the expenses and you need to sell the Tritium for a total of at least Cr1.75bn to break even.
1,750,000,000 / 24000 = 72917

You need to sell the Tritium for at least Cr73k/t to break even.

Anything more than that is profit.

Sell it for Cr80k/t and you'll make Cr186m in profit.
Roughly the equivalent of an hour mining.

Honestly, you might as well just do everybody a favour and sell it for a break-even price and then just go mining for an hour.
Or, I suppose, try to price-gouge in order to make it worthwhile.

Thanks for this great advise!

I've made 34 jumps now, with a night sleep in between. Will see how it works out.

Top Bottom