FDev answering questions on numerous streams

Since the FC's beta dropped I've listened to Lave Radio interview with Dave, Luke & Stephen and also Burr Pit stream with Stephen & Bruce and I have to say that I'm very happy to see FDev being so transparent and answering honestly to questions / concerns about the FCs.

Been playing the game for 2 years now and it's not something I have seen a lot coming from FDev (this level of communication / transparency with their answers).

Seeing the CMs being active like this and knowing that we'll get a first batch of modifications next week and that there is still close to 2 months of beta before FCs drop gives me a little bit of hope to how this feature will turn out in the end (a little bit underwhelmed now).

o7

Last edited:
I've listened to the streams too. What I find disconcerting are their answers in said streams...

Though they are going to officially talk about possible changes next week now, so there is yet some glimmer of hope.

I've listened to the streams too. What I find disconcerting are their answers in said streams...
Indeed, the throw away response to funding a carrier raised my eyebrow.. "Simply top up the carrier account with credits" As an explorer I would have responded with "Credits from where exactly" :unsure:

I do hope they listen to the feedback and more importantly, make some positive changes.

Indeed, the throw away response to funding a carrier raised my eyebrow.. "Simply top up the carrier account with credits" As an explorer I would have responded with "Credits from where exactly" :unsure:

I do hope they listen to the feedback and more importantly, make some positive changes.

It's not perfect and sometimes answers are a little bit clumsy but we still had some very nuanced and interesting answers.

Sure be nice if we had a thread here listing those questions and answers (hint, hint) :D

I won't do this but FDev should definitely list the streams so you could listen to them :p

Last edited:
Could it be possible, that somewhere can be those informations, in text, please? (Specially thinking in English speakers not as a mother tongue, like me)

Last edited:

As Stephen and Bruce have been saying in the various streams, they ARE passing it all on to the devs. I'm not sure what people expect the CM's to be able to tell the community in terms of changes when those who will make those decisions wont have made them yet.

And there's a post on the twitter account saying "The Elite Dangerous team is already working on changes and we'll be posting about them next week."

Which is surely what people really want to hear.

Sadly I have neither the time nor inclination to spend all day trying to find and then watch streams. I'd like some of that feedback on here.

Don't misunderstand me, it's good that it's happening. It's just a bit odd that I'm on the game's official forum with an entire sub-section dedicated to the beta, yet virtually everything I've seen or heard from FDEv since the beta launched has been when a player happens to mention in a thread that someone has said something on Commander X's stream.

If they have no bread, let them eat cake.

Sadly I have neither the time nor inclination to spend all day trying to find and then watch streams. I'd like some of that feedback on here.

Don't misunderstand me, it's good that it's happening. It's just a bit odd that I'm on the game's official forum with an entire sub-section dedicated to the beta, yet virtually everything I've seen or heard from FDEv since the beta launched has been when a player happens to mention in a thread that someone has said something on Commander X's stream.

They'll talk with our influencer intermediaries, but to sink so low as forum interaction, I can hardly blame them.

Seriously though, it would be nice to have summaries in their own forums, or at least links.

Bruce Garrido posted in the beta forums about the change announcement next week:

Top Bottom