@FDEV Will there be ice planets like that ?

Yes they were artistic impressions but the intimation was clear, that was the goal the guys were tasked with achieving and most of the concept arts before that time they have got incredibly close to achieving.

A good example of that is this engineer base concept:

C392D432330D8AC818581467B8E4333E7A4B6952

In-game it's Ram Tah Pheonix base and it's extremely close from it.

The 2018 Lavecon images are just a shader, so it's a possibility that some surfaces may have that level of detail. I really like it. The other images are art targets. Looking at the footage from Dev Diary 1, specifically that Crusader flyover, that big flat open area with mountains in the background, looks pretty amazing to me.

Yeah it looks great, but I do hope there will be ice formation like in those concept along with nice particle effects, look so neat!

Last edited:
Those concepts do look fantastic, granted. It may be a problem if planet surfaces are overpopulated though. We still need to be able to drive around with ease and speed.

Those concepts do look fantastic, granted. It may be a problem if planet surfaces are overpopulated though. We still need to be able to drive around with ease and speed.
Very much this ^.
I find Elite is the best large scale game on the market when it comes to the games fluidity of FPS, Memory and CPU usage. (Not the P2P stuff though, that sucks)
I hope they dont break that with over complicating the GFX for EDO.

I disagree. Some planet surfaces should be fairly simple and therefore easy to speed along over.... OTOH others should be absolutely challenging to navigate (and perhaps - gamey I know- give an in-game reason to encourage people to try anyway )

A good example of that is this engineer base concept:

C392D432330D8AC818581467B8E4333E7A4B6952

In-game it's Ram Tah Pheonix base and it's extremely close from it.

Yeah it looks great, but I do hope there will be ice formation like in those concept along with nice particle effects, look so neat!
This is not a concept its a ingame render.

Plz explain.
o7

Well they already showed off a bit of the new ice planets at the SRV scale in Dev Dairy 1 so.... kind of?

Ice planets.PNG

Attachments

• Ice planets.PNG
    Ice planets.PNG
    990.8 KB · Views: 29
Top Bottom