FDev's Arthur: "We think Thursday's stream will be really good, looking forward to it" RETURN OF GALNET?

I think they were telling us something by both showing us under their mugs simultaneously. Anybody know what that symbol means?

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
False alarm folks. They've just been taking inspiration from Moss of the IT Crowd for finding their mugs amidst the huge pile at Frontier Towers.

Attachments

• k3jga00v7ii21.jpg
    k3jga00v7ii21.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 90
This phrase "We think Thursday's stream will be really good" is quite a confusing statement for me. Why do they have to "think" at all, should they not "know" instead? Or is this just some other British laxity, something you can just say out of the blue, without it having to mean anything? Or British understatement perhaps?

Just avoiding conflict probably. Someone wont like it and then they'll say it was false advertising and it goes on and on and someone will complain it wasnt announcing VR at launch.

Can I ask why people are seemingly excited about the (potential) return of Galnet?

If this is indeed what's happening then its just a handful of articles that have no bearing on anything. Maybe I'm just not a "lore" person and I, therefore, can't understand the significance but, as @Old Duck has already said in this thread, if Galnet comes back but without any IIs or CGs to support the articles, then what will we have gained?

I confess I never got the strange humour of Monty Python, this one fails me as well...

Its just silly really, thats all there is to it. Its genius silliness. Try 'Monty Python & the Holy Grail' for total wackiness and 'Life of Brian' for a serious message dressed up as silliness.

In Holy Grail theres a scene with Michael Palin as a serf collecting mud who has a serious political point and thesis that always cracks me up' he ends up jiggling up and down shouting 'Come and see the violence inherent in the system' Its just sheer genius but absolutely 'wrong' and stupid at the same time.

This phrase "We think Thursday's stream will be really good" is quite a confusing statement for me. Why do they have to "think" at all, should they not "know" instead?
It's quite simple, really. In order for any content to be good, you need the verification from your target audience AFTER that content is shown. They can't "know" for sure if we'll like it, therefore the phrasing "think".

Can I ask why people are seemingly excited about the (potential) return of Galnet?

If this is indeed what's happening then its just a handful of articles that have no bearing on anything. Maybe I'm just not a "lore" person and I, therefore, can't understand the significance but, as @Old Duck has already said in this thread, if Galnet comes back but without any IIs or CGs to support the articles, then what will we have gained?
For some (me included), having a "sense of life" to the game via Galnet articles adds to the game. I would have preferred it to be more like the Galnet in FFE, which had often had multiple sources giving a different slant on the same topic (Federation vs Imperial POV), which is why I am also supportive of players being able to write their own Galnet pieces.

So we are at a point where we are excited about removed features being potentially announced to be brought back into the game.
pretty much. But, it needs to come back to game, and get fleshed out. So many things cane be done with galnet, and even a VERY small team of creative talent.

Back
Top Bottom