Featured Commanders Featured Commanders: CMDR Placyde

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Hello Commanders, and welcome to the twelth Featured Commanders thread of 2019! This week we’re speaking to a photographer who has captured some of the galaxies most stunning images, and recently released a spine-tingling Elite Dangerous short film. It's Commander Placyde!

Hello Commander, your short film was absolutely inspired. We really felt the space madness setting in! So tell us, how did you first find out about Elite Dangerous?
Back in August 2016, I saw a post on 9gag about Elite Dangerous and how it let you fly your own awesome ship(s) in the entire Milky Way. Say no more, I was in.

Almost three years ago then! What was the reason you decided to stick with the game?
The scale of things fascinates me and being a fan of space helps too, of course. The bonus was that the game gave me the possibility to practice photography... IN SPACE!

How long have you been creating and sharing content around Elite Dangerous?
I began taking screenshots quite early into the game, but it was only in August 2017 that I decided to create an Instagram, Twitter and Reddit account to share my journey with others.

What's your favourite piece of content that you've made around the game?
I made a simple video a year ago, a quick tour of the Maya system. It was mostly a test for me to see how to work with moving pictures that come from the game. It worked pretty well and my 3305 resolution is to do more of these.

We look forward to seeing them! What's your advice for other Commanders?
For those who seek the best views, don't forget to go and see for yourself what your scanner shows you. You'd be surprised how beautiful the most common things can be sometimes!

And is there anyone in the Elite Dangerous community you'd like to shout out?
Is it okay to give a shout out to the whole GalPhoto community? Yeah I'll do that! If you like photography and ED, that's the place to be. They're awesome, so check us out on Twitter, Instagram and Discord to become one of us!

I'd also like to shout out CMDR Divergents. His work is super inspiring!

What are your plans for the future?
More screenshots of course! I'm also working on some videos that I hope to produce and share soon.

Fantastic, where can other Commanders check out your content?
Twitter
Instagram
Youtube
Imgur

Reddit

Thank you for chatting with us, Commander Placyde!

If you're reading this and would like to be interviewed as a Featured Commander, apply here.

Top Bottom