Featured Creator: GalcianBTH

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Every month we put four amazing Planet Coaster creators in the spotlight; each Featured Creator will have one week dedicated to them, their amazing Workshop, and other wonderful contributions to our community. This month we are talking to Doofer911, GalcianBTH, Flaero, and Zak(man) who can also be found on the Planet Coaster globe!

Let’s say hello to:
GalcianBTH

Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GalcianBTH/myworkshopfiles
YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJZcbKmGSpDidR7ZPDY8iAg

Hi there! Tell us how you got started with Planet Coaster.
I had an interest in Planet Coaster the moment it was announced. I have been in the theme park simulation community since the days of RCT1 and the moment I saw what this game was going to bring to the table I was ready to join in.

What makes you (and your creations) stand out?
I would like to believe I have been one of the primary innovators and first creators of the mega terrain coasters. While there are now many people making incredible terrain coasters, I believe what separates mine to this day is the way I design my terrain and scenery around my coaster rather than design my coasters to show my theming. Every piece of scenery and every block of terrain I place is there to serve the purpose of enhancing the ride experience.

What is your favourite feature in the game?
The ability to create imaginative coasters only limited by my imagination. However, if I had to be more specific the one feature that Planet Coaster does better than any coaster simulation by far is in the Terrain Tool.

What is your favourite creation/video you’ve ever created (so far)?
My favourite creation is a tie between Infinite X and Terra Rising. Overall Infinite X is at this point the limits of where I have been able to push my imagination. However, from a pure polish standpoint and personal pride I find Terra Rising to be my most well rounded coaster.

How do you feel about being part of the Planet Coaster community?
The Planet Coaster community was a massive surprise. Coming into Planet Coaster I never expected to find such a tight-knit community all pushing each other to make such incredible creations.

Tell us a little about yourself, what you study/work/do in real life.
I am a fitness enthusiast, coaster enthusiast, and gaming enthusiast. I have been working in childcare for 15 years, I am happily married and have a 3 year old daughter "Ellie".

If you were to dress up as a Planet Coaster mascot, which one would it be?
My oversized ego wants to say King Coaster, but that costume looks like it would be really hot inside. That being said I’ll go with Cap Lockjaw. My daughter loves pirates.

What inspires you?
What inspires me is the constant drive to create the ultimate coaster experience. Pushing what is possible to the limits while still having some hold on reality... That and whatever game I played last.

Tell us a little about your creative process – how long do your creations take, do you listen to music or work for hours and hours until something is perfect?
My creative process is throwing paint at a wall. Just kidding, there is some process to it. The first step for me is finding my inspiration, sometimes a game, other times an idea, and once as it was as simple as wanting to make the largest drop possible with realistic forces.
The second key for me is I design every coaster and its primary theming concept element to element. When I build a lift hill and its first drop I build the terain, some base theming, and test its forces many times before moving on to the next element. Once the coasters base theming and track are complete I theme it in layers using the terrain tool and scenery to make it more and more detailed until I find the point in which I’m satisfied. That point can take 120hrs or more. Music is also key to my creative process as I will play constantly music based on the theme of the ride I am working on.

Pass on the praise: which creator do YOU admire?
First of all I got to throw a shout out to the two creators keeping me on my toes Ben'Hamin and Kombat Wombat. The creations they build are incredible and are always pushing me to take things to a new level. I also must also throw a lot of praise at all the builders who have provided me with blueprints to enhance my creations such as Wikz, Lasairfion, Xtraordinar, and Fricker. Last but not least I need to give a huge shot out to Johnny5Alive as he is the guy who was first to spotlight my work and bring it to the masses.

Hi GalcianBTH, very nice interview. It's nice to get to know some of the creators better. I checked out your workshop, you have some really nice pieces there. Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself.

Top Bottom