Featured Creator: Wikz

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Every month we put four amazing Planet Coaster creators in the spotlight; each Featured Creator will have one week dedicated to them, their amazing Workshop, and other wonderful contributions to our community. This month we are talking to PixelWess89, Anigmandra, Wikz, and Uthris, who can also be found on the Planet Coaster globe!

Let’s talk about insanely talented Wikz!
Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198050584335/myworkshopfiles/

How did you get started with Planet Coaster?
I've always been a sucker for theme park games. It all goes back to RCT1 and so on, and when I saw Planet Coaster was being released, I was like a kid at Christmas. I went on YouTube and started watching Let's Build videos, and that got me excited and started on my own stuff.

What makes you and your creations stand out?
I don’t know; I think it’s my dedication to my blueprints, and that I like decorating them from top till bottom, side to side, and also that I like making small unique blueprints, which don’t take up a lot of space and make for good scenery in your parks. I usually make a collection, so people can get more than one building/blueprint of it. I think that means a lot, that people can take your creations, or many different ones, and put them together in their own ways. I usually go for creations that haven’t been made before, or trying to think out of the box. I also just like making blueprints.

What is your favourite feature in the game?
Ooh, my favourite feature in the game must be the 'no-grid' options and the 'no collision' option. Both of them give me so many ideas, and make my creativity so much better. Definitely a game-changer when it came to work.

What is your favourite creation so far?
My favourite creation? That's a tough one. If we say ride, I must say my collab with Woody "The Journey" which for me was something new, and it even had a narration, which I think at that time, was something people hadn’t done before. And the ride really shows our creativity and what is possible in the game.
If we must say blueprint, I have to say my Mushroom collection. They really put me on the map, and are still getting a lot of subs.

How do you feel about being a part of the Planet Coaster community?
Being a part of this community is amazing. Such nice people, and it's amazing to see what people’s creativity is like from around the world.
Sharing and inspiring each other, no better community than this. Every Wednesday, when people around the community get together to see the streams and praise each other, is just such a good feeling. I'm definitely very glad to be in this community, it really makes the game so much better.
Thanks Frontier, for not only making an awesome game, but also to get this amazing community up and running.

Tell us a little bit about yourself!
Right now, I'm jumping from job to job. I do have an event-assistant education, but I’m applying for an internship as a event-coordinator.
Other than that, I'm 28 years old, live in Copenhagen, and been a DJ for many years. Nothing makes me happier than giving a people a nice experience.

What’s your favourite mascot?
If I had to pick, I have to say Street Fox Coffee, because I need my coffee in my life. And what’s not to like, when you carrying a cup of coffee with you all day!
:foxycoffee:

What inspires you?
I watch a lot of movies and TV shows. I get a lot of my creativity from that, but I must say, just taking a look at the workshop gives me enough inspiration to make something, whatever it will be at the time. I must say though, after playing that much Planet Coaster, I'm taking more pictures of the outside and buildings to get inspiration as well, so it’s kind of funny how interesting buildings and architecture has become to me.

Tell us a little bit about your creative process!
I'm that guy, as you can see from my blueprints, than doesn’t like long projects. When I start on something, I usually want it up the same day. Some of my best builds were made in under 24 hours. Music has a lot to do with my creative process; music is always playing in the background, it really gets my mojo going. I'm also talking to people in discord, where we share ideas and give each other feedback.

Pass on the Praise!
How many can I mention? There are a lot of creators I admire. Xtraordinar is definitely one of my favourite creators; some of his creations are just mind-blowing. He made The Walking Dead ride, which still is one of my all-time favourites! Whitesider is also one of my favourite creators; the way he works with the pieces is so creative and inspiring.
I would also like to praise my good friends, Fricker and Woody: those two keep on surprising me. Woody's work with the small pieces and the detailing is just amazing. Fricker’s work is very inspiring, and he has so many ideas, and such a helpful guy who always gives good suggestions.
As I said, there are so many amazing creators who play this game, and I wish I could mention them all. Homebanner, Xaphor, Drfugo, Tetsuo, Pretzl, Kombat Wombat, Ben’Hamin, Operateur; the list is long. I could keep on going!

Congrats Wikz! It has been a pleasure to get to know you a bit this past year, I love seeing your creations pop up! You are so talented, this is so deserved! I hope you have a great week!

I'm also noticing a trend here were most of us are picking Foxy as our favourite mascott ;)

Yay! Wikz is featured! And now I hate him even more! Just kiding mate, you know that, we love you Cabin King! [big grin]

Top Bottom