Features from Planet Zoo

Correct, just because it's a new engine doesn't mean things no longer work. Especially files like models and materials/textures etc will obviously still work in the newer updated engine. I don't know where everybody gets their "information" that this somehow wouldn't work. I think they are just parotting what's being said here.

That´s wrong. For instance, I´ve been working with Source engine sice it´s early days (and Source engine is still just updated GoldSrc Engine) and I can assure you that some textures/models or other thing stopped working when we moved projects from first version to version that released in 2007 for instance. It depends on the nature of engine changes, but even textures and models can stop being compatible...

The best sailors are on the shore as they say......

I work in finances, and I hate it when somebody makes remarks on my work without even knowing what went on behind it.
But then, it's easy from behind your computer.

I think Breezer had a fair point to raise some things though.
And it's fine to raise the bad sides of the game, and hope they will take that into account for the next game, but "what if's" doesn't count anymore for a game that was released 2,5 years ago.

Agree. I also see a lot of points I definitely agree with (and mostly I expected these to be in Planet Coaster already).

That´s wrong. For instance, I´ve been working with Source engine sice it´s early days (and Source engine is still just updated GoldSrc Engine) and I can assure you that some textures/models or other thing stopped working when we moved projects from first version to version that released in 2007 for instance. It depends on the nature of engine changes, but even textures and models can stop being compatible...
How did it stop working then? An image file is still an image file. It maybe only has to be converted to a different file but thats about it.

How did it stop working then? An image file is still an image file. It maybe only has to be converted to a different file but thats about it.
If it was just an image, it would probably be JPG or similar format. But it is not. It must cary all kind of information. Does it have normal map? Specular map? is it 16bit,32bit? Is it transparent? What material is it (wood, metal, water?). And if they added something (like the engine has new funcionality and texture must cary some extra information compared to PC, it won´t work). Missing that might very easily mean it won´t work in the new engine.

Now, it´s possible to fix that for sure. However, tell me why should they spent time and resources on fixing hundreds of models and textures so you would get them as extra content for Planet Zoo? You paid for Planet Coaster DLC and you got it. They owe us nothing else. Planet Zoo is standalone game and no expansion, so I fully agree with that content not being included. There will be different DLCs for PZ and at least both games will be more distinct from each other.

However, tell me why should they spent time and resources on fixing hundreds of models and textures so you would get them as extra content for Planet Zoo? You paid for Planet Coaster DLC and you got it. They owe us nothing else. Planet Zoo is standalone game and no expansion, so I fully agree with that content not being included.
I didn't buy any PlanCo DLC because I felt it was over priced, its around $100 for just the DLC (not including the base game). Add another $50 for Plazo and you think people dont have the right to complain about DLC not being cross compatible? As a fan of RCT3 (which was made by Frontier) many fans have been waiting for Water parks more than any other DLC. Personally I don't care about Zoos, but if Plazoo was an add-on or expansion for Planco I would consider it to have been much more worthwhile of an investment (even at $50). I also enjoy watching peoples creations very much, but if Plazoo will only have slow track/train rides then it will be less exciting to watch IMO.

If Plazoo will get another bunch of DLCs i think a lot of people would be happy to have been able to use them in both games. Many people have agreed with me on that point, and I honestly cant understand why anybody would say "we are not owed anything"? for $150 - $200 i expect a game to be the highest quality possible, but we didnt get the highest quality possible. What they are charging $150 for is basically an unfinished beta. I have never in my life spent that much money on a single game, and I can name quite a few games that I believe offer way more content and playability for a cheaper price.

There's many problems with Planco that could have been fixed, but the biggest issue is that it should be a game that we can play for many years without having to upgrade to a new sequel every other year. RCT3 was still fun 10+ years later, but in a few years after Planco2 is released nobody will care about planco1 anymore. And on top of that, we cant transfer our old blueprints to the new game like we could with RCT? Thats why the price tag is way too high

Hopefully with a new Planco sequel the devs will put more effort into maintaining performance playability and compatibility, otherwise I personally have no interest in supporting the franchise any further. Sure many people such as yourself don't care to see the game be the best it could be, and are happy shelling out money for half-completed games, but not everybody is like that. As I said before, if Planco scenery or DLC was cross compatible with Plazoo (talking just scenery here, not rides) then its safe to assume many new players to Plazoo may have also bought the Planco DLC.

There will be different DLCs for PZ and at least both games will be more distinct from each other.
and what about people who wanted to build a spooky or adventure section in their parks? thats just not allowed? how much you want to bet Frontier re-uses several assets? Maybe there wont be a spooky and adventure pack for Plazoo, but I bet they repurpose certain items into new packs, thats what most mini-DLCs are for anyway. I never buy mini-DLCs cause they are almost always not worth it. I'd rather see a full expansion and I know I'm not alone in saying that. Imagine if instead of 10 mini-DLCs for $100, we just had 3 or 4 expansions, would have been so much better in everyway possible

I dont use Source engine, but I assume whatever changes you are talking about from 2007 were pretty big changes. The difference between Planco and Plazoo is practically nil, zero, nada, zilche, they are nearly identical in everyway except Plazoo has some new features that Planco doesnt have. For example, employees in PZ can be male or female, whats the reason why they cant add that into Planco? or howabout one way or staff only paths? he engine cant be reason so the reason is due to performance.

Planco's code was a mess, and they stripped out a lot of stuff to clean it up for PZ, but they cant go back and fix Planco, which makes me :( I highly doubt the devs "needed" to make old scenery items incompatible, they did it more out of simplicity sake because they realize that Planco's coding is a mess and they cant figure out how to improve it without effecting performance. You would think since they made RCT3 soaked + wild, they could do it again, but obviously they messed up somewhere along the way. Hopefully we wont have to wait another 15+ years for a true successor to RCT3

Last edited:
I didn't buy any PlanCo DLC because I felt it was over priced, its around $100 for just the DLC (not including the base game). Add another $50 for Plazo and you think people dont have the right to complain about DLC not being cross compatible? .....

Yes, no right to complain. They bought DLC for Planet Coaster. Not Planet zoo. Planet zoo is completely new game. Doesn´t metter the technology is similar. It´s brand new game and any kind of cross compatibility was never promised (it was actually denied many times by developers).

These DLCs are expensive and same as you, I didn´t buy them and would prefer big expansions. I would maybe support developers by buying these DLCs if they put real efforts into fixing the base game. I still stand by my opinion that optimization could be better, tools improved (including the fence tool) and same goes for gameplay. A lot of these were requested even before the release of PC and/or Beta, yet devs didn´t care. DLCs are also very scenery based and since the tools are tedious to use, it´s a no no for me.

and what about people who wanted to build a spooky or adventure section in their parks? thats just not allowed? how much you want to bet Frontier re-uses several assets? Maybe there wont be a spooky and adventure pack for Plazoo, but I bet they repurpose certain items into new packs, thats what most mini-DLCs are for anyway. I never buy mini-DLCs cause they are almost always not worth it. I'd rather see a full expansion and I know I'm not alone in saying that. Imagine if instead of 10 mini-DLCs for $100, we just had 3 or 4 expansions, would have been so much better in everyway possible

Well, too bad? Devs cannot make everyone happy. I also don´t think Spooky Zoo is something common.

I dont use Source engine, but I assume whatever changes you are talking about from 2007 were pretty big changes. The difference between Planco and Plazoo is practically nil, zero, nada, zilche, they are nearly identical in everyway except Plazoo has some new features that Planco doesnt have. For example, employees in PZ can be male or female, whats the reason why they cant add that into Planco? or howabout one way or staff only paths? he engine cant be reason so the reason is due to performance.

Depends on what you consider big change, but it really wasn´t that different. I wouldn´t be afraid to say it´s the similar progress Cobra engine did from PC release till Planet Zoo.
Saying difference between PC and Plazoo is zero is just false. Just looking at pictures shows bunch of changes. The stuff you listed could probably be added and is not really much engine related. However, just improved shadows/lighting and weather effects are improvements to the engine and there is more under the hood, that you cannot see. Not mentioning I heard about PbP being also improved etc.So the engine is more different than it might seem at the first glance.
[/QUOTE]

Planco's code was a mess, and they stripped out a lot of stuff to clean it up for PZ, but they cant go back and fix Planco, which makes me :( I highly doubt the devs "needed" to make old scenery items incompatible, they did it more out of simplicity sake because they realize that Planco's coding is a mess and they cant figure out how to improve it without effecting performance. You would think since they made RCT3 soaked + wild, they could do it again, but obviously they messed up somewhere along the way. Hopefully we wont have to wait another 15+ years for a true successor to RCT3

After the game is released, it´s problem to do certain changes, especially in the engine, since it really can break the game. I agree PC seemed to be a mess, Jurassic World is probably even bigger mess. So I´m very cautious about Plazoo myself.

And in the end, I don´t think they even wanted to make scenery from Planco compatible. I wouldn´t want to do that myself as a developer. Whatever, it definitely would be some extra work for them so I don´t think it´s really realistic to expect it to happen.

Yes, no right to complain.
Thats kind of hypocritical considering you just listed off a bunch of things you dislike or wish were better. Not sure if you are trying to claim a difference between criticism and wishes or whatever, but I dont think theres rules about when somebody is allowed to comment they dislike something. You dont have to purchase a game to know what kind of flaws it has

I also don´t think Spooky Zoo is something common.
Does it matter whats "common" or not? I have in fact been to a real life zoo during halloween in costume when I was a kid, while the employees were also dressed up and handing out candy. Theres also tons of creations within Planco that are uncommon or outside of the box. Somebody created a massive cruiseliner or titanic replica in Planco. So now all of a sudden people shouldnt be allowed to create a spooky zoo because its "uncommon"? I can guarantee people will be asking for spooky stuff and that there will most likely be spooky scenery added because its a popular theme

It´s brand new game and any kind of cross compatibility was never promised (it was actually denied many times by developers).
I dont see why that matters. If they did it in RCT3 then they can do it even better 15 years later with superior technology. The fact they failed to replicate RCT3's expansions is a step backwards IMO. And no matter how many people tell me my ideas are wrong, I wont change my opinion.

Saying difference between PC and Plazoo is zero is just false. Just looking at pictures shows bunch of changes. The stuff you listed could probably be added and is not really much engine related. However, just improved shadows/lighting and weather effects are improvements to the engine and there is more under the hood, that you cannot see.
but whats the reason why those improvements are being left out of Planco? Why did the devs give up on fixing/improving planco? If they are capable of adding new features to the engine, then whats the explanation for why Planco cant receive those updates?

After the game is released, it´s problem to do certain changes, especially in the engine, since it really can break the game. I agree PC seemed to be a mess, Jurassic World is probably even bigger mess. So I´m very cautious about Plazoo myself.
Exactly, you obviously agree with me on most of my points, so Im not sure why you keep saying ridiculous things like "no people cant complain" or "no people cant have creative outside of the box decorations in zoos" like if you just want to argue over those kinds of things Im going to have to say I disagree with you, but either way I think you understand everything I am saying despite the few things we disagree on. No reason to keep repeating ourselves and talking in circles :)

Last edited:
Thats kind of hypocritical considering you just listed off a bunch of things you dislike or wish were better. Not sure if you are trying to claim a difference between criticism and wishes or whatever, but I dont think theres rules about when somebody is allowed to comment they dislike something. You dont have to purchase a game to know what kind of flaws it has

It´s different to complain about certain features being missing or done bad...And there is really no right no ask for content from one game being available in different game.... People tend to do that a lot. I remember people wanted Left 4 Dead 2 for free, because they bought the first game... Absolute nonsense.

Does it matter whats "common" or not? I have in fact been to a real life zoo during halloween in costume when I was a kid, while the employees were also dressed up and handing out candy. Theres also tons of creations within Planco that are uncommon or outside of the box. Somebody created a massive cruiseliner or titanic replica in Planco. So now all of a sudden people shouldnt be allowed to create a spooky zoo because its "uncommon"? I can guarantee people will be asking for spooky stuff and that there will most likely be spooky scenery added because its a popular theme

It´s not allowed? It pretty much is, you can try to do that. However, developers are not obliged to deliver you specificaly themed objects.... That´s a bit of difference? Because from your point of view, anyone could ask for any kind of theme and if objects for said theme are not delivered complain that it´s not allowed. Ok, you can complain about it, but developers can´t really deliver on this... Of course, as far as I know, it´s completely allright to create "new themes" out of the box just like people did (and still do) with Planet Coaster and share it via WorkShop.

I dont see why that matters. If they did it in RCT3 then they can do it even better 15 years later with superior technology. The fact they failed to replicate RCT3's expansions is a step backwards IMO. And no matter how many people tell me my ideas are wrong, I wont change my opinion.

I was a huge fan of Soaked myself and miss that very much. On the other hand again, if something was done for previous game doesn´t mean it will be done with new game. Technologies changed quite a bit for sure, but also games are much harder to develop. riders are nowadays more detailed with accurate animations and more. What took a day to develop now can take weeks, because there is simply need to care about more details. Seeing state of Planet Coaster, I think soaked kind of expansion wouldn´t be good though. I think it wouldn´t help optimization at all. I also understand that there are other problems that were playing role in their decision not to make it. Water could be a problem. In 2004 , scrolling texture was maybe enough, today, it migth be a bit more complicated to make it look good so it´s on par with the rest of the game. Also AI was a problem I believe. If developers don´t think it´s good idea, then ok. I hope they will do it for PC 2 maybe..

but whats the reason why those improvements are being left out of Planco? Why did the devs give up on fixing/improving planco? If they are capable of adding new features to the engine, then whats the explanation for why Planco cant receive those updates?.

I know we are both part of the community for some time and we both know there was a lot of people fighting and protecting developers from certain feedback. Why fix the game if people protected them and even were buying paid DLCs? I wish it was different. There is no excuse and that they didn´t fix the game or added features that were (and still are) needed is the reason I´m not buying their games anymore. Maybe, I will buy Planet Zoo at some point, but they will have to convince me a lot. In the mean time, I just watch what´s going on around it.

Exactly, you obviously agree with me on most of my points, so Im not sure why you keep saying ridiculous things like "no people cant complain" or "no people cant have creative outside of the box decorations in zoos" like if you just want to argue over those kinds of things Im going to have to say I disagree with you, but either way I think you understand everything I am saying despite the few things we disagree on. No reason to keep repeating ourselves and talking in circles :)

People can complain, but cannot really request porting content from one game to another. that is too much,

yea Im not going to keep arguing with you, I dont agree with most of your points, especially when you say that asking for DLC to be compatible is the same thing as asking for free content, its not the same thing and I never ever said anything needs to be free... if people dont like something they wont buy it, and thats a shame since this franchise had a lot of wasted potential... but go ahead and keep talking in circle

yea Im not going to keep arguing with you, I dont agree with most of your points, especially when you say that asking for DLC to be compatible is the same thing as asking for free content, its not the same thing and I never ever said anything needs to be free... if people dont like something they wont buy it, and thats a shame since this franchise had a lot of wasted potential... but go ahead and keep talking in circle
So you would want it as paid DLC even ?

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
I still don't accept that answer. as far as 3d models go. they can create the models (for scenery and building pieces) that can be brought into the game. No different than anyone using TMTK to create models and importing them into the game. I would think (from my understanding on how all this works) this should be able to be done with little or no modifications. Yes the game engine is different and the features of the game (like weather, etc.) can't be implemented, but using the scenery assists should be a no brainer. I thinks is more that they just decided they don't want to do this to keep the two games separate.

At this point Im more concerned about PlancoCE (console edition) and Planco2... will we be able to transfer blueprints from Planco1 to Planco PS4? or from Planco1 to Planco2? I really think both Planco2 and PlancoCE needs to allow blueprints to be imported from Planco1 somehow... (consoles dont need Steam workshop to support imported blueprints from PC)

If we cant do any of that, I will be very upset about continuing this series... but if they can do it, then I will be more excited about purchasing future games like a Water Park DLC/Expansion (for Planco2)

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
It has already been stated that blueprint transfer between console and pc is unlikely. Don't forget that it won't be using the steam workshop.

my previous comment:
(consoles dont need Steam workshop to support imported blueprints from PC)
your reply:
Don't forget that it won't be using the steam workshop.
so ummm, what am I forgetting?
It has already been stated that blueprint transfer between console and pc is unlikely.
you sure about that? do you have a link to your statement from the devs? cause heres the only one I know of here:
We're working on a sharing solution for console players which will let you share your creations with others. We've nothing to reveal on the specifics right now but when we can share more we'll be sure to announce the information to everyone!
the whole point here is if PS4 players are limited to only sharing with PS4, then it will make buying the console edition a lot less appealing... even for new players

dont we all agree that we all just want the best for this game? or is there some reason people prefer this game to be very very limited and restrictive? I mean why does it always feel like requesting features is frowned upon, somebody requests water parks and everybody says NOOO BOOOO, or if request compatibility with planet zoo and every yells THATS A SEPARATE GAME STAY AWAY... and now everybody wants to claim how impossible it is to transfer a basic blueprint from PC to console? Are you kidding me? Even RCT Classic on Mobile can transfer saves to PC

like why is it like that around here?

Last edited:
Top Bottom