Features, things, critters, etc. from JW:E 2 that NEED to be in PZ

In relation to PZ, if we are lucky enough to receive flying mechanics, I’m now wondering if we would even really need an aviary structure. Frontier has already made it clear the aviary structure itself doesn’t actually limit flyers.
I imagine this would be the case.

Before JWE2's flying reptiles was announced, the biggest reason for people to think aviaries was prebuild or a similar system to exhibits, was because of the animations. Now it doesn't look like animations will be a big issue.

In JWE2 the creative freedom is way more limited than in PZ. Which is part of the reason, their aviary system is done this way, I believe. They have done the same for their lagoons, which isn't necessary in PZ. We can shape our pools as we want, and we were even able to do so, before our animals was really able to make use of it.
Kind of like we are already able to build freeform aviaries in PZ. Even though we could use some more handy pieces for it, especially the roof.

I imagine this would be the case.

Before JWE2's flying reptiles was announced, the biggest reason for people to think aviaries was prebuild or a similar system to exhibits, was because of the animations. Now it doesn't look like animations will be a big issue.

In JWE2 the creative freedom is way more limited than in PZ. Which is part of the reason, their aviary system is done this way, I believe. They have done the same for their lagoons, which isn't necessary in PZ. We can shape our pools as we want, and we were even able to do so, before our animals was really able to make use of it.
Kind of like we are already able to build freeform aviaries in PZ. Even though we could use some more handy pieces for it, especially the roof.

Totally agree with you. I’m hopeful that Frontier will not only see flying mechanics as a worthy addition to PZ, but also fully aquatics. These mechanics would allow for far more creativity in PZ than they ever could in JWE2 because of PZ’s unlimited modular building. Additionally, I’m fairly confident that packs dedicated to these mechanics would sell pretty well when compared to previous dlcs for the game. Something like a “marine” or “avian” dlc would likely have a public reception similar to the Aquatic pack (which has been suggested to be one of PZ’s best-selling dlcs).

Something like a “marine” or “avian” dlc would likely have a public reception similar to the Aquatic pack (which has been suggested to be one of PZ’s best-selling dlcs).
Source - according to that, aquatic pack worked out as their best ever PC dlc, performing very well. We will know more info about Africa and SEA packs in early september.

Yea IMO, we need full-on fish and birds. Like it should be theoretically possible to have every living animal in this game.

Personally, my big priority animals are the ones that NEED a special rig with special animations like sea lions, sifakas, gibbons, capybara, etc.

Source - according to that, aquatic pack worked out as their best ever PC dlc, performing very well. We will know more info about Africa and SEA packs in early september.

Wow, that was a really interesting watch. Thank you for including the video link! Glad to know that all the rumors about the Aquatic pack’s success were true. To be honest I’m really surprised that a Planet Zoo dlc would be Frontier’s best selling PC dlc, but the proof is in the sales. Like you said, it will be interesting to seeing what the sales stats for the SEA and Africa pack will be. Hopefully they too have done well and Frontier continues to invest in future dlcs and updates for PZ.

If you do happen to come across another update video in the coming months I’d personally love to see it, I struggle with finding this kind of info on the game and I imagine others here on the forums do as well. Thanks again for sharing it!

Last edited:
Yeah they hired some new people for pz this mobth
What I'm still asking myself though: Did they hire because some found a new job elsewhere or are they really expanding the team? Because the latter would be awesome news for us, as they sure wouldn't expand a team for just two dlcs, one of which is probably soon to be ready anyway. But if the team still is under-staffed the new hireing doesn't mean much.

What I'm still asking myself though: Did they hire because some found a new job elsewhere or are they really expanding the team? Because the latter would be awesome news for us, as they sure wouldn't expand a team for just two dlcs, one of which is probably soon to be ready anyway. But if the team still is under-staffed the new hireing doesn't mean much.
Kinda depends on the budget they are working on.

Looking at the JW:E 2 footage again, I was awestruck by how organic the movements and interactions of the animals were. I think this is something PZ desperately needs, given how it always said the animals would have personality.

You could even implement the coveted personality variation

I'd also REALLY want flocking and proper herding for the herbivores, especially when I have hoofstock in large enclosures

Last edited:
Looking at the JW:E 2 footage again, I was awestruck by how organic the movements and interactions of the animals were. I think this is something PZ desperately needs, given how it always said the animals would have personality.

You could even implement the coveted personality variation

I'd also REALLY want flocking and proper herding for the herbivores, especially when I have hoofstock in large enclosures
They already have some built-in flags that could work well with a personality system. Animals from Private Zoo's can be more shy, meanwhile those rescued from being pets can be more social and active with guests, etc.

Top Bottom