[Feedback Organizing][Request for Help]

Hey Planet Zoo friends,

So I've been quite active in the forums and on reddit as of late with this lovely game and looking at some amazing ideas that are getting posted. At this moment in time, there seems to be over 37 pages of feedback in this and around 33 pages in the Suggestions sub-forum. I am overwhelmed. I'm trying to go through as much as I can to try to understand what the community wants the most. Every post has multiple participants in it, who also suggest their own ideas and I feel like there is a lot of gold in here that probably won't get read. I mean let's be realistic: how can Frontier possibly comb through this much information? And I'm not even including the task of combing through the bug tracker. (although thankfully it has decent systems in place to filter out and aggregate) This is a huge task, that requires a lot of time. I think the traditional "forum" misses something for me. Once you get past a certain number of pages, when you're posting a new idea, you're most likely duplicating something else. It's even harder to find a post that exactly duplicates your idea too.

Just to get started, I thought I'll make a nice little Airtable and start aggregating feedback. A lot of the stuff we're requesting is either similar or are in similar domains, and it would be awesome to come together as a community to help aggregate this stuff together, so Frontier can easily recognize and pick it up.

Here are the links:

Hopefully this organized data will help us:
  • add new feedback faster
  • bring feedback to Frontier's attention quicker
  • analyze the data better and gather meaningful insight on what the community wants and where the game is headed
  • help valuable feedback from getting lost in the heap

Hope people can contribute! Reply with any questions! Thanks.

Last edited:
Update: I have over 62 feedback threads logged and categorized. I'm on page 7 of the feedback forums now.

Annotation 2020-04-10 203142.jpg

1. Use the form to quickly add a new record.
2. In a glance, see which feedback is gaining most interest and has the highest impact.
3. In a glance, see which areas of the game are receiving the most feedback.

Last edited:
As of today, I've successfully categorized all 37 pages of the feedback forum. I've also setup automations to pull posts from the RSS feed and automatically post them into the sheet for organizing.

Would love more help! 😁

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are doing (and it seems a looot of work) ? You want to filter the feedbacks / suggestion per interest of players of the forum ? And how do you decide the impact on the game ?

I would be curious if a community manager / dev could tell us if they would have use of it, because if so it could be shared by Planet Zoo on all their social media, to have a more significant panel of players ?

Top Bottom