Feet versus meters in the zoopedia

I've noticed that the zoopedia always has barrier height requirements in feet for some animals and meters for others, even though I play with my settings on metric system. There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to it, why one animal has a barrier height requirement of, say, five feet, but another animal has 1.5 meters listed.

I have a general sense of the coversion in my head and usually just err on the side of making the barrier higher, but when I'm trying to figure out exactly how high a barrier must be for a particular habitat, I have to get a calculator out when the height is given in feet. Would it be possible to have the zoopedia height units reflect your game settings, or if that's not possible, to provide the required minimum height requirements in both meters and feet for every animal?

I also seem to recall that there was one animal that had its height requirement given in meters (something like eight meters), but it clearly meant feet, since a 2.5 meter tall barrier worked just fine in game. I suppose editing the little things in the zoopedia isn't a huge priority...

I have noticed this, too! I would bet money that the inconsistency is because there are people from both North America and Europe on the Frontier team that writes the copy for the Zoopedia. I think it was fixed for awhile (at least the part with it causing escapes), so they'll probably patch it pretty quickly.

You have to read carefully so you know whether the heights are given in feet or meters. I play with meters as the default measurement in game, so I've wondered why some of the Zoopedia entries give barrier heights in feet.

I'm guessing you're right and they had different people doing different entries, and they didn't cross check to make sure the units were consistent.

Top Bottom