Newcomer / Intro Fighter Club, the fighting club for every skill level

Oddpotato, I think we might have had some sort of internets problem.

yeah me and my wingmate were experiencing some problems too, we were randomly disconnected about 4 times.
I guess we will meet again, I will be staying in eravate for a while.

By the way I am OddPotato

-
OddPotato

yeah me and my wingmate were experiencing some problems too, we were randomly disconnected about 4 times.
I guess we will meet again, I will be staying in eravate for a while.

By the way I am OddPotato

-
OddPotato

The duel does not have to take place on Wednesdays. If you see me, and you fancy a quick duel just message me in game. The only problem is that I'll more than likely be around the old systems, so allow me maybe 20 minutes to get to Eravate.

There is now another rung to the Fighter Club ladder
The ladder now looks like...

DAYRTH
FRANK
ARTEMIS DUKE

Artemis Duke did bring up a good point about whether the list should be in Elite Commander names or forum names. I'm happy with either but I am aware that some people may value their anonymity in the forum. But then this does make it harder to issue challenges and make the ladder changes.

You can still issue your challenges in this thread and it be accepted by PM, or if anyone is really really protective of their identity they can get me to issue the challenge instead, or just turn up at Cleve Hub, Eravate on Wednesday.

Perhaps I should add: I'm...
Elite (Exploration)
Tycoon (Trade - as of yesterday)
Expert (Combat)
All of my combat wins have been PVE. I'm a bit rubbish against anyone who knows what they're doing (in a space ship anyway ;) )
I could probably train up some noobs, but I'm hoping to learn how not to get killed in an A-rated Python against a Human in a Viper or Cobra.

Congratulations.

It's my trade rating I'm trying to get up at the moment. I mostly play in solo, and what I'm hoping to get out of Fighter Club is the ability to beat some of the nastier NPCs in my cargo ship.

What I'm hoping is that the ladder will extend a little at the top and we can get some top-notch fighters joining us on Wednesdays. When that happens we can grab those experts, wrestle them to the ground, and pick their brains for hints and tips.

Hopefully next Wednesday will have more than just me and Dayrth. It would be fun after a couple of duels to just have a massive Last-Sidewinder-Standing free-for-all <grin>

Well you can add me too, at the bottom, all my pvp encounters ended with a blast of fireworks in under 10 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

can you add a post in the first page having all the names of commanders in ladder, very useful to have a quick look.

Well you can add me too, at the bottom, all my pvp encounters ended with a blast of fireworks in under 10 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

can you add a post in the first page having all the names of commanders in ladder, very useful to have a quick look.

I've stuck the ladder up on the front post as you've suggested. I've also added your name to the bottom. The good news is that whatever happens, your fight will last longer than 10 seconds. That's because the stock Sidewinders' default weapons are pathetically weak. You can sit there twiddling your thumbs or reading a newspaper with your pips to shields and it takes a while for the opponent tickling you with his laser to have any effect.

Of course your own weapons are equally ineffectual so the middle of a duel is a bad time to catch up with GalNet News. But the slow nature of the fight and the cheap consequences of defeat combine allowing you to keep your head during battle and panic a bit less.

Also training with these toy laser guns makes you a bit more appreciative of your real guns once you get back into your own ship.

Last edited:
I'll throw my hat into the "can't fight my way out of a wet paper bag" ring. I'm not available for PvP until Dec 1, pus however many days it take me to get back to the bubble form where ever I am. Though... I may just create a new account purely for this. Now, whilst I play in Sydney, Aus timezone, I can usually work my timetable to include a dual at most times of day (self employment helps).

As for randoms popping in with Vettes... Private group is easy enough, and just pick an anarchy system for combat. Throw in the option of asteroid belts or open space for a bit of variety...

Whilst my rating is Dangerous (allegedly) it's all PvE, bar 2 CMDR's, and I'd probably use the opportunity to do pure FA/OFF and fixed weapons only.

Sign me up, but be patient... I'm at Jaques. :)

You used to have something like this yourself ages ago! In fact, I'm still part of the Mysturji group - could just all join that and save making yet another new group...

Z...

Last edited:
If Mysturji wants the responsibility of all the requests to his group then I'm happy with that choice. I'll wait for him to confirm on this thread before I make it official.

An anarchy system would be a great way to get around the problem of unwanted bounties. Do you have any systems in mind?

The best one would be:-

- close to the starter system for new players to pick up free Sidewinders
- an easy-to-reach station that sells Sidewinders and has a factor for collecting bounties
- has a close-by ring system for some fun dodging and weaving for duelling

Are these artefacts within close range? I'd prefer a location that's easy to get to, by everyone. But the ladder itself means that any duels can take place anywhere that the two competitors want.

I don't know if your post is a formal challenge to everyone on the ladder, but I'll be busy tonight anyway, completing missions for my faction, the ARC

If there are any duels that happen away from normal Fighter Club time and place, could the loser of the match please PM me with all the details of the match:-
- When it took place
- the in-game name of both players, and also the in-forum names, even if they are the same as it is in my case.

I would prefer it if people joined the ladder by actually participating in a duel with one of the current members. That way it then stops being a list in chronological order and more one of merit. At the moment adding names to the bottom of the ladder does have the advantage of making it a little longer, so if anyone else wants added to the list, just make that fact clear to me and state your in-game name.

Last edited:
Sorry no not a challenge from me at this time, just reminded by your previous post that artefacts, from the CQC arena?, had been added to the game for us to play around.

Hold on one little second there Frank my old mate! I am having a dancing lesson with you this Wednesday am I not? Where is my name on the list?!?! I am hurt and more than a little miffed. Of course, it won't make our duel any more likely to go my way, I will still suck :D

Sorry no not a challenge from me at this time, just reminded by your previous post that artefacts, from the CQC arena?, had been added to the game for us to play around.

If anyone knows if there's one of these CQC playgrounds around the starter systems please post here.

Hold on one little second there Frank my old mate! I am having a dancing lesson with you this Wednesday am I not? Where is my name on the list?!?! I am hurt and more than a little miffed. Of course, it won't make our duel any more likely to go my way, I will still suck :D

Oh yes. Wednesday at Eravate in open.

We can sort out what other groups and locations for Fighter Club on this thread for later weeks. I didn't think there was much point in adding names to the bottom of the list. Is Certacito your in-game name? I'll add it to the list after you've confirmed it.

Last edited:
If Mysturji wants the responsibility of all the requests to his group then I'm happy with that choice. I'll wait for him to confirm on this thread before I make it official.

An anarchy system would be a great way to get around the problem of unwanted bounties. Do you have any systems in mind?

The best one would be:-

- close to the starter system for new players to pick up free Sidewinders
- an easy-to-reach station that sells Sidewinders and has a factor for collecting bounties
- has a close-by ring system for some fun dodging and weaving for duelling

I don't have one in mind (I am usually a long way form the starter systems), but it's easy enough to find one, I'm sure. I don't mind where in the bubble it is, as I have a whole host of 45+LY jump range ships, and just get my Sidey transported. May even buy a skin for it...

Z...

Top Bottom