Newcomer / Intro Fighter Club, the fighting club for every skill level

I've no idea how to use mines effectively and ended up with most explosions going off in my face.

It's a lot funnier when you're fighting another player with Ion disruptor mines, you both get hit in the face and you're both just sitting there twiddling your thumbs. :D

I was lucky nobody else showed up so that was as far as I could sink down the ladder <grin>

Haha. I feel as though I cheated to be honest. My choice of Bi-Weave Shield Generator is mostly what saved my derrier.
I too had no idea how to use the mines but they certainly were shocking :¬O

Lots of pretty fireworks...

Last edited:
tonight is Fighter Club. I have been practising with my Eagle and so I do hope to redeem myself a little tonight <grin>

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
Could someone (better at it than me) try and get some video of a fight? Those shock mines are impressive to watch ( from a distance :) )

Pepys is good at recording stuff

That remark has nothing to do with the fact that he's been hogging the top of the ladder <innocent whistle>

Transferred flag to the ps4.
What a difference!No more painful waits for access to services and map features,no more interminable drags into the plughole followed by five minute drops,before the server decides to inform you were booted 5 minutes ago,no more painful lag on the comms,waiting to reply to a query sent earlier.No more feeling apologies to keep everyone waiting!
No more thargoids anymore.
Well,maybe one more time.

-----------------------------------------------------------
addendum:now mothballed outside george.time to call it a night.Hope you had fun...i did.:)

Last edited:
We had a lot of fun. All that practice I did in my Eagle paid off..

The Fighter Club List Currently :-
MYV.HS
STITCH
DAYRTH
AZZIE ELBUB
FRANK
THEMADOLL
EDWARD ROBINSON
HAL- 9000
ZANTOR
NOOBDELUX
CERTACITO
BOBBALONG
ARTEMIS DUKE
ODDPOTATO
PSYKOKOW
EID LEWEISE
THEO BLINKS IV
ASTACED
DUKIE
EYEZ

Although not in the way I thought it would. We were back in Stock Sidewinders last night so I didn't have any mines to boobytrap myself with. Afterwords we went bounty hunting in a pack of Eagles and I was as useless as ever with the mines.

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
The mines are fun and impressive to watch, but I think I'll not take a launcher next time we go bounty hunting. I think I did more damage to wing mates than the enemy. Sorry :(

Well, I don't know who mined, who shot and who rammed me - it was fun, I made some money in the BH, and I never lost my shields. Those shock mines are more for laughs than for damage.
Nevertheless, as I found out the hard way, using mines in a pitched battle with the cops involved isn't exactly a good idea...

But the next time, if anybody is taking mines, I'll bring point defence :p

Next week we need to try a duel with Eagles that have mines and point defence <grin>

I also like that idea of trying Adders. It'd be great if someone could find a station near to Leesti that sells them. I'd do it myself but I'm a little distant at the moment, and I only have the one account.

If we do decide to try fighting in Adders we'll use the same rules as we did with the Eagles. You can equip it with anything you can buy from the same station were we bought the Adders.

...and as always, if anyone has any other suggestions, just put them on this thread

...and that goes for any casual reader of this thread. You are all welcome on Wednesday!

Back Enterprise, CD-34 9020 1.87ly away should have Adders according to the database and it is claimed there to have a pretty comprehensive outfitting.

Yeah,back ents is good,but you need to keep your eyes peeled.Blink and you might miss it.Can i ask,has anyone considered formation display flying.I know its not fighters and bang bang n that but i was thinking of how it could be implemented.Does anyone have any experience in this kind of thing?Just putting it out there.

The Red Adders

I did practice supercruising in close proximity for interdictions, but I haven't tried the sort of close formation stunt flying that the Red Arrows or Blue Angels do.

We could give it a go, but I do believe anyone who has seen me trying to get in position during a photo will know, I don't think I'll do a very good job of it.

Red Adders vs Black Sparrows?
Sounds like a matchup.:eek:

Ive a feeling its a tad more complicated than that.I'll give it some further thought but would appreciate any further comments.

I suspect it will be easiest for those with VR then the ones with head tracking for the rest of us it is probably going to be a pain especially with UI panels popping up to ruin the view.

Mind you if you crack it you could then really impress people when you take it to the next level with a formation of DBXs flying in formation whilst silent running.

Some people on Elite must have already done this. This is such an obvious application for the new engine colours..

[video=youtube;CrOHZxFHMTo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrOHZxFHMTo[/video]

If we were really thinking about this then what we need is a cameraman to record our display, and it might be best for everyone to do this is Pythons for the obligatory pun name... Monty's Python Flying Circus <grin>

It would be a good pun, but I think we may need something a little more maneuverable :)

It's called suffering for your art <grin>

I guess if we were going to give it a go then the stock Sidewinders would be the best option. The external camera view might help to keep in formation, but there's a lot of skill involved in pulling off stunt manoeuvres with any degree of proficiency. I'm not buying a special engine colour until we know the viability of this.

And of course we would need to choose skin colour to match the name of our astrobatic team. My suggestion would be "The Blue Nerf Bullets"

Last edited:

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
Simple maneuver to try. 3 ships in a delta formation:
v   v
  v
Fly toward the camera. On command rear two ships roll 135° (left ship anti clockwise, right ship clockwise). Just before getting to (hitting) the camera ship on second word of command all ships boost and pull up 90°.

This sort of effect:
imageresizer

or knowing us, maybe more like this:

SmithPlaneCrash_1484176365662_53022197_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom