Newcomer / Intro Fighter Club, the fighting club for every skill level

if you succeed I may even believe it is possible for a man to goto the moon:D (I think a robotic probe put the telescope lazer reflectors there)
but as sean connery mocked I may need to inspect the radiation shields whilst on a luna replica
will you stream?

Last edited:
if you succeed I may even believe it is possible for a man to goto the moon:D (I think a robotic probe put the telescope lazer reflectors there)
but as sean connery mocked I may need to inspect the radiation shields whilst on a luna replica
will you stream?

I've never streamed before but I know my video card can do it.
I may try it out beforehand to see if I can make it work. I will be taking a video recording at least. Otherwise I'm relying on others to do some recording.

Last edited:
It won't be me streaming. I was playing about with the settings of my computer today, and Microsoft gave me the warning that my computer wasn't capable of recording game footage.

I dropped my T9 off at Votatini B 1, but I tell you.. Valigursky Orbital is a long way from the surface. I don't know if I'll be able to cope with the monotony of flying up to it at subliminal speeds.

It won't be me streaming. I was playing about with the settings of my computer today, and Microsoft gave me the warning that my computer wasn't capable of recording game footage.

I dropped my T9 off at Votatini B 1, but I tell you.. Valigursky Orbital is a long way from the surface. I don't know if I'll be able to cope with the monotony of flying up to it at subliminal speeds.
Yeah my original thoughts were to use the SRVs thrusters. However I'm given to understand that they may not work out there. At 2.2Mm, It's the closest planet to a starbase that I can find.
By my calculations the journey would be around 5hrs at 250k/s but we probably can log out and continue on another day. Plus there may be other commanders out there willing to help out should we find a succesful method of propelling the little beastie.

I've generated a bit of interest here too.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...nd-Stations-insanely-close-to-landable-bodies

o7

Last edited:
That's not bad. It will be a lot slower in a T9 having an egg and spoon race with an SRV. Before we start I'll gut the T9 as much as I can to shed some weight

That's not bad. It will be a lot slower in a T9 having an egg and spoon race with an SRV. Before we start I'll gut the T9 as much as I can to shed some weight
This guy managed to get the first part done.
[smile]

Will be happy to assist with the srv already in orbit if attempts for getting one into orbit fails or time runs out. With respect to the ships 'transporting' a srv to the station: make sure they're maxed wrt normal cruise speed. Slowest ship will decide how fast the station can be reached.

Vertical liftoff with FA Off did not work using my Federal Corvette. Had to reach orbit with 5-8% incline and 30m/s. Took a while. The srv took off at about 45km above surface and kept going on it's own.

So it would seem that gravity fails at 45Km altitude.

o7

Last edited:
Hey Frank, I missed your post in game chat. I was elsewhere....
I don't know if anybody is joining us but MacrosTheBlack has intimated that he might assist and others have expressed an interest.

o7

Last edited:
No worries. I always get my comms messages just as I'm about to dock.

It might be a good idea to experiment with climb inclines of more than 8%. It'll get us away from the planet quicker. Trying it whilst still close to the ground would give us an idea of what's viable without too much risk.

No worries. I always get my comms messages just as I'm about to dock.

It might be a good idea to experiment with climb inclines of more than 8%. It'll get us away from the planet quicker. Trying it whilst still close to the ground would give us an idea of what's viable without too much risk.

Sounds good to me.

Can't wait...

o7

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
Might not be able to make it this week either :(

Looks like I will be working late Wednesday and Thursday.

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
You will be missed. What about helping me & Frank tonight?
Poking my SRV towards a spaceport might help to relieve the stress of not shooting at us tomorrow :¬)

o7

I'd like to. It sounds like fun, but I'm currently 1000 ly away and it's not looking good for getting home very early tonight either. Serves me right for taking a week off work.

I'd like to. It sounds like fun, but I'm currently 1000 ly away and it's not looking good for getting home very early tonight either. Serves me right for taking a week off work.

LoL never mind.

I've enabled youtube streaming on my channel so I'll stream my end live. However it's as like as not going to bore the heck outta y'all.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Themadoll
Everybody is welvome to come along and lend a hand, foot or whatever...

o7

Seeing as Dayrth's busy and Themadoll is floating in a tin can far above a moon, we are going to have a Fighter Club special. Help Themadoll achieve his lifetime ambition of driving an SRV in a spacestation.

Any of the regular members can meet us at Votatini B 1, homing in on Themadoll's wing beacon.

Seeing as Dayrth's busy and Themadoll is floating in a tin can far above a moon, we are going to have a Fighter Club special. Help Themadoll achieve his lifetime ambition of driving an SRV in a spacestation.

Any of the regular members can meet us at Votatini B 1, homing in on Themadoll's wing beacon.

Themadoll_Votatini_B%20!.bmp

In case y'all think that this will be no fun. Just imagine what it's gonna be like to play ping pong with an SRV in space. 'Cos that's literally what it's gonna take to get me there.

Thanks go to Commander Frank and Commander Rinzler Black (aka MacrosTheBlack) for getting me this far.
I apologise for the poor quality stream. I hope to improve on that tonight.

o7

Last edited:

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
From the 2.4 change log:

• Ship Rebuy Penalty – When a player commits the crime of murder (PvP only), an additional cost is added if they swap to a less expensive ship before paying legal costs during the rebuy flow
• Pilot’s Federation Bounty – When a player commits the crime of murder (PvP only), they receive an additional Pilot's Federation Bounty. This bounty is valid in every jurisdiction except anarchies

This should not affect us in fighter club if we are winged/report crimes off, but as it is not specifically stated it would be a good thing to make sure before 2.4 goes live.

I will not be around for the rest of this week, but will be back next week. Anyone else have beta access and want to give it a try then?

Back
Top Bottom